Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT: AMY WINEHOUSE - Yo, Honey Bunny - \"Your 15 minutes are up\"
Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: January 25, 2008 22:41

I\'ll say this, it`s been since october 2006 she last made an album. Stop @#$%& around, and start working!

Re: OT: AMY WINEHOUSE - Yo, Honey Bunny - "Your 15 minutes are up"
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 25, 2008 22:45

HelterSkelter
Yeah, but NICOS, there's a point where it's just so over the top that you just get turned off to EVERYTHING. Sure the Stones (and Beatles AND Dylan AND Zeppelin) did it but TO A POINT. They all knew when to stop before it got so big it engulfed everything and ruined everything - it's a balancing act and AW's balance is WAY OFF.... Ask Terrance Trent D'Arby or Sinead O' Connor what happens when you get too much of the wrong publicity......

Compare to the time the Stones started (60ties) I think they got the most bad publicity of them all, real long hair, dirty clotes, loud music, drug abuse, remember Brain was convicted one year in Yale also remember an interview where Mick was totally stoned.

(I don't know what was happened with T Trent D'A but for Ms O conner rip a picture of the pope isn't a good set I'm not a catholic but alot are).

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 25, 2008 22:52

Well open-g, THE BEATLES never got one Grammy when they were together as a group so tell me how on "top of talent" the Grammy's are.... the same clowns that vote are the same clowns that work the "Hype Machines" - it's all the same HOLLYWOOD GANG behind the scenes (Hollywood's a VERY small town, smaller than MAYBERRY RFD), Do a little Google Grammy Magical History Tour......

Date: January 25, 2008 23:02

King Snake
I\'ll say this, it`s been since october 2006 she last made an album. Stop @#$%& around, and start working!

leave it to KING SNAKE to set things right.... can ALWAYS count on the SNAKESTER for simple words of wisdom

Yeah Nicos, I grew up around that period (was a teenager in the very late sixies) and they - the Stones, the Doors, the Beatles - were being outrageous for the times (60's) BUT, the MUSIC was ALWAYS bigger than the CIRCUS SIDE SHOW - it's the reverse with AW and that's what's gonna bring her down in the end. I think I remember her on the David Lettermen show about a year ago and she was horrible, gonna go see if I can find that performance on YouTube right now.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-25 23:03 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: January 25, 2008 23:08

HelterSkelter, the fact that you started this thread and are pressing on and on about someone whose music you've barely listened to is baffling to me and is a good example of what's unfortunate about the internet,message boards, chat rooms, whatever: people who want everyone to know their opinion about everything, much of it negative.I don't for the life of me get the "OT: Don't you think so and so sucks ?" threads. It's like a Grade 9 bitch session. I'd rather talk about things I like/love.Since you keep bringing it up, though: to suggest that Amy Winehouse's behaviour is some kind of publicity stunt seems ill-considered to say the least, no matter where you grew up.

Date: January 25, 2008 23:18

Back from YouTube - much ado about nothing.... She's OK, No where EVEN CLOSE to Janis Joplin or Sheryl Crow Or Josh Stone.... what is with all her little fans on here... Must be a Skank/Human Car Crash fetish, I DON'T GET IT - like I said, she's OK.......

Date: January 25, 2008 23:29

Andrew, I don't have to have the CD to hear the music, she's been on Late night shows alot and there's ALWAYS YouTube (but this OBVIOUSLY is a UK thing - like ROBBIE WILLIAMS, who couldn't fill a small movie theater in the states). Her Behavior? It's a hollywood type generated situation where they want her to look/act like a mess. The drugs, drinking, ugly tattoos, over the top make-up and hair, being high half the time, missing tooth? She's just another ANNA NICOLE SMITH that can kinda sing. She's making good money for a small group of parasites.... being used big time.....till she fades and the sharks find someone new - that's how the game is played my friend, like it or not....

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: January 25, 2008 23:38

She's a good artist and she's famous. Of course the tabloids write about her. Why so upset?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: January 25, 2008 23:40

I see you don't get it
Back from YouTube - much ado about nothing.... She's OK, No where EVEN CLOSE to Janis Joplin...

...but obviously other folks think different.

She's number 1 in the World Top 50 Albums for 2007.
the chart is based on albums sales of the world - not in sold copies of The Sun or any other tabloid.
Back To Black has sold 5.973900 copies last year.

[www.musicharts.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-25 23:41 by open-g.

Date: January 25, 2008 23:44

All I can say Helter I love here way of singing, I even can't remember the last CD Ibought from a new artist.

At least someone knows what she sings about

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: January 25, 2008 23:46

Actually I'm about 5'11, which I think is about average height for an adult male...but I'm certainly down with the little fans as well.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 25, 2008 23:48

She s better than Jesus!!

Date: January 25, 2008 23:50

Ohhh I meant bigger!!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 25, 2008 23:51

here's the way it strikes me:

those were vicious posts that distinctly called her no talent etc...w/o even listening to her albums. which is defintional ignorance, on top of kind of sick hatred.

vicious personal attacks that are hateful, probably extremely drug ridden themselves, and the PR equivocations and justifications coming in now are lame rants that don't hold water. they had already been refuted by many here.

i was proud that so many here objected to such hate attacks. now extremely hollow justifications and still calling the girl a skank, but all this has already been refuted. everyone has an opinion and that's his and it speaks for itself.

she's been making records and working for many years, not fifteen mintues, but kick a wonderfully talented, and hugely successful young girl in her moments of greatest pain.

really cruel and intentionally hurtful imo. there was already a current, and excellent AW thread on the same page when that rant was introduced;
i couldn't go near trying to opine in this thread because of 1. the attention-grabbing trick of the double thread, and 2. because it made me feel filthy and hate this forum, but the posters came through en masse with some balance.

even now the poster couldn't resist calling her a 'skank' even in the last nonsense attempts at justification. a humble apology, or recognition of other's shock and dismay would have garnered great respect and affection; instead, more attacks thinly veiled by hollow justifications. thread author distinctly compared her talent as a recording artist with paris hilton's album so there's no debate I'm getting into here. this kind of hatred goes way beyond being a music fan, of ANY band or artist. so i wish for good things and lots of healing to HS.

btw, i admire rooster's great generous heart and his many posts on this thread immensely.

Date: January 25, 2008 23:54

Studio

Great guitar

Glastonburry 2007

Posted by: johan ()
Date: January 25, 2008 23:56

HelterSkelter,

I totally agree with you, she gets way to much attention.

Date: January 26, 2008 00:01

Go play soccer Johan ;o)

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 26, 2008 00:02

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-26 00:15 by Erik_Snow.

Date: January 26, 2008 00:03

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-26 00:15 by Erik_Snow.

Date: January 26, 2008 00:21

Did i really compare Helter.....maybe i did a little but with reason ....cause her voice really reminds me of lady day in a way...does she have to follow the band??!! I think its....i know its not a Hollywood game...your post make me like her even more...it reminds me of days long gone when people said the same things about the stones....and comparing who started to compare?? I mean Joss Stone come on!! cheers beely

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-26 00:38 by rooster.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: January 26, 2008 00:22

Drinking, Erik?

Date: January 26, 2008 00:23

Where were you Beely, Erik and Rooster ?

I'm out of this thread

Date: January 26, 2008 00:34

I was sleeping Nico!!...so here we go......cheers!!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 26, 2008 00:38

NICOS
Where were you Beely, Erik and Rooster ?

I'm out of this thread

not sure what you mean or what you're asking Nicos ?
but am enjoying the hell out of the vids you left above, ty.
GREAT stuff. look at that strat next to her body. it's HUGE...
she must be a tiny thing. but a huge talent.
this is brilliant music imo. nice to have the vids in one place, ty.

i really don't understand the question tho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-26 00:41 by Beelyboy.

Date: January 26, 2008 00:41

King Snake
we stones fans know about the waiting game!

Date: January 26, 2008 00:44

WMiller
Drinking, Erik?

Not at all, WMiller, hey that's a rude question.
I edited because Beelyboy said it all

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-26 00:52 by Erik_Snow.

Date: January 26, 2008 00:49

This thread/topic is in the same vein as the anti-Taylor posts a couple of months ago, where the guy who made them had never heard any live recordings from the early 70s, nor Taylors work with other bands or solo eras

Date: January 26, 2008 00:51

Erik I mean there was nobody to back me up, I was here all alone to defend our Amy

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: January 26, 2008 00:57

Sorry to offend you, Erik.

Date: January 26, 2008 01:03

Oh don't worry, I'd love a drink but have to get up early tomorrow..goddamn

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home