Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT: AMY WINEHOUSE - Yo, Honey Bunny - "Your 15 minutes are up"
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: January 26, 2008 01:55

She'll be fine. That talent will surpass everything.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 26, 2008 02:06

That '''wake up alone'' festival site vid is heartbreaking ....so thanks Nico!!

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 26, 2008 05:45

Beely, you gave me the laugh of the day..... my being "unimpressed" with AW doesn't even come close to your pure hatred of a long term survivor such as PATTI SMITH (a woman with tons of talent - IMHO - and major respect in the serious areas of the rock world - Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, U2, etc, etc). Than again my friend, you long for "DANCE LITTLE SISTER" live (I have it on a 75 Baton Rouge, LA boot - when you hear it you understand very quickly why it was dropped - a throw away song as was mentioned here recently in the great interview with ANDY JOHNS) so that tells me as much about your musical taste as I need to know - no hard feelings, we are just worlds apart when it comes to taste... you like very early Zep, I prefer later Zep (well, 1972 shows and on from there)... We just disagree, tain't no big thing, ain't gonna effect the stock market or anything.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-26 05:48 by HelterSkelter.

Date: January 26, 2008 06:05

Erik_Snow
This thread/topic is in the same vein as the anti-Taylor posts a couple of months ago, where the guy who made them had never heard any live recordings from the early 70s, nor Taylors work with other bands or solo eras

Snowman, I have to disagree with you on this one.... I've heard her rehab song a million times and she's been on the late shows in the states so I caught those performances.... I did a 4 or 5 song YouTube sample and she just doesn't impress me. Her voice is OK and her stage style is OK but I have NO IDEA what the big deal is... On one of the YouTube Vids shes on a British chat show talking about what else? Drugs and Drink, it just gets old... then she's snorting something up on stage in another clip, it's obvious she's trying to create a whole "Rebellious, falling apart Druggie" thing and it's just all so old and been done so many times before.... just get on with the singing, that's all I'm saying.....ALL WE ARE SAYING/IS GIVE THE SINGING A CHANCE.......

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: January 26, 2008 06:23

HelterSkelter
....I don't know the details of her mess but she seems like she already has one foot in the grave, it's almost like she's enjoying the attention she gets from being an addict....

If you were just anywhere near able to show some proof of ANYTHING that would remotely indicate ANY sense of pleasure in her lifestyle... that would at least make this whole thread have any sense at all... Helter: this coming from your typing hands.. unbelievable.

Jelle

Re: OT: AMY WINEHOUSE - Yo, Sweetheart, Your 15 minutes are up !!
Date: January 26, 2008 07:14

I just finished watching REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER (a Live, Round table Political/Comedy one hour uncensored discussion show) on HBO - American Cable Station - (Home Box Office) and a joke was made about something that included the line "...Amy Winehouse and her crack dealer...." This is what I mean, When she's mentioned it's not about the music she creates, it's about her drug problems, I mean, this "example" gets to the heart of EXACTLY what I'm complaining about - be famous for your singing if you are that great or special, if not I guess you must use "other things" going on in your life to get attention or stay in the public eye..... (BTW, I also think she's much bigger in the UK so this whole thing matters much more to the Brits. It's like Oasis, they never really cracked the USA so all you ever heard about was Liam's drinking and other self destructive antics... I think there's a lot of that going on here)

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 26, 2008 07:17

HelterSkelter
Beely, you gave me the laugh of the day..... my being "unimpressed" with AW doesn't even come close to your pure hatred of a long term survivor such as PATTI SMITH (a woman with tons of talent - IMHO - and major respect in the serious areas of the rock world - Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, U2, etc, etc). Than again my friend, you long for "DANCE LITTLE SISTER" live (I have it on a 75 Baton Rouge, LA boot - when you hear it you understand very quickly why it was dropped - a throw away song as was mentioned here recently in the great interview with ANDY JOHNS) so that tells me as much about your musical taste as I need to know - no hard feelings, we are just worlds apart when it comes to taste... you like very early Zep, I prefer later Zep (well, 1972 shows and on from there)... We just disagree, tain't no big thing, ain't gonna effect the stock market or anything.....

glad i could brighten your day. i expected a personal attack. i see hate like this amy thread you started and it hits me like violence and i just stay away from the site completely for days on end.

no i don't think bob dylan and patti smith belong in the same sentence, tho there are a few of her cuts I think are very moving...
... and i don't care much what those stars listen to at home...Their lives aren't my life.

I've got my stones boots and old Stanley Brothers tapes and The Divinyls happening tonight, along with Pavarotti...I prefer Pavarotti to Bono every time. Bono kinda aggravates me sometimes but I'm not gonna throw him in the meat grinder...pretty amazing live band i happily admit.
I have every Kinks and Little Richard album on original vinyl and nothing by U2, different strokes for different folks I guess. I'm a Muzz wellll Hillbillllyyyy booyyyyy....

Hopefully I've grown a little in the two years I've been here and have more respect for the site, other posters and myself to get nasty. life is short and i've made some real, genuine, honestly loved friends here. One of 'em used to be you, you knucklehead...

and the thread u started is an abomination of uncalled for viciousness on that girl imo, & not merely a difference of musical opinion. still, i wish you personal happiness and won't roll around in the gutter with you and see no need to fight or debate.

i don't care what johns or mick or keith himself says about dance little sister...tho your ridicule didn't escape me.
i don't need anybody else to tell me what rocks, including the artists themselves. mick turns his nose up at a lot of stuff i think is among their best, and is proud of some stuff that i think is worthless and should have never been released.

it's one fantastic cut and makes he happy as hell. kinda like 'silver train' it's got it's own wonderful particular groove and sound, and nothing i saw in msg opening night '75, even with clapton and a zillion drummers in the aisles came close to touching it. if the stones couldn't make dls happen live the night of your boot, that's not on me. and i will go to my grave hoping they give it another try and really climb all over it like crazy, even tho i know that's unlikely. every time i put it on i get this tremendous crazy russshhhh, and it's quite amazing.

u take care helter.

Recorded in November 1973 & January/May 1974. Released on the album It's Only Rock 'n Roll in October of 1974.
Vocals: Mick Jagger Electric Guitars: Mick Taylor & Keith Richards Bass: Bill Wyman Drums: Charlie Watts Piano: Ian Stewart

this one's for Amy tonite: it is SO super hot...

DANCE LITTLE SISTER
(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

On Thursday night she looked a fright
Her pricki hair all curled, oh Lord, what a sight
Dance, dance, little sister, dance

On Friday night she's all decked out
Her high heel shoes, her dress so tight
Dance, dance little sister, dance

On Saturday night she bass-a-dee
She stepping high on Frederick's Street

I said dance, dance, little sister, dance
Dance, little sister, dance

It make me hot, I wet with sweat
It burn like hell, I've four hours left

Get next to me, drive me close
Don't mammaguay, I lose control
Dance, dance with fire, dance

Jump out of Africa with a step that looks so bold
Ah, when you kickin' high it make my blood run cold

On Saturday night we don't go home
We bacchanal, there ain't no dawn
I said dance, dance, little sister
Dance little sister
Dance little sister, dance...
__ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ __ __ ___ __ ___

(lyrics and lineup acc. to keno)

Date: January 26, 2008 07:29

p.s.
i go to sleep lots of nights listening low volume to my very precious '73 and '78 boots; as wild as the music is...it makes me so happy and gives me peace...
amy hits me a bit like laura nyro or dusty springfield, two of my very favorite vocalists. i am very interested in her career and i really hope to God she dosen't implode. and i don't believe i'm being tricked by her or a PR agency; i think the girl has a very deep soul and some very deep pain and is medicating herself the best she knows...last i heard or saw, she was in the car with her father heading toward a recovery program...it's very hard to get out of the kind of rut she's got herself into...
you know people said the same kind of cruel stuff about kurt cobain; and then he blew his head off, and people STILL talked shit.
it's a very cruel world sometimes.

Date: January 26, 2008 07:56

Well Beely, I'm a giant KINKS fan myself so no disagreement there, Same with LITTLE RICHARD to a slightly lesser degree, but no doubt he was one of the top 5 major artists that got the whole thing started. If my orginal post sounded super harsh I didn't mean it to, I'm just sick of "disfunctional" being hip, be it AMY or BRITANY (I know, not exactly on the same level music/talent wise). Maybe it's the media going for the lowest common denominator which would be nothing new from them. Let's see if she's around 5 years from now, if she's still putting out new music and touring I may have to eat my words - but I still don't agree with putting your bad habits so up front and exposing all for the media to see - I just view it as "cheap publicity".

As far as DANCE LITTLE SISTER I think the biggest problem is it's too repeatative but maybe if they reworked it slightly it could be at a HOT STUFF live level (another song that repeats itself a lot) so that ain't all bad knucklehead - lol (we're still friends Beely, I took your name off my hit man's list sometime last Fall.... you have redeemed yourself - but I can't remember what it was about exactly...after all, it's only "the internets" at work here, not 100% reality...lol) just don't disappoint us and become an "Amy Groupie"... I'd say GWEN STEFANI would be the way to go on the groupie thing (at least looks wise, not talking about the music - I'll pass on that)....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 26, 2008 08:01

Disagree about Dance Little Sister, Helter - it was a killer in 75, and it's the highlight of the El Mocambo outtakes 2 years later.

Date: January 26, 2008 08:13

Snowman, have not heard the El Mocambo versions but it just didn't sound that good IMHO on opening night of the 75 tour (then again the boot from LSU is not such a hot audience recording) but neither did LUXURY which they also dropped. Both those songs are alright with me, i'd give LUXURY a 5 and DANCE LITTLE SISTER a 5.5 (would be higher if it had more punch too it, a different mix and less REPEATING). Tell you what, rather hear DLS live anytime instead of OH CHERRY BABY, how's that, we amigo's again?

Date: January 26, 2008 08:45

i may be wrong about this; but i don't think they did dls on the opening night of the '75 tour. did they for sure? i think i would have remembered that.

Date: January 26, 2008 14:40

If my memory serves me well they did LUXURY and DANCE LITTLE SISTER at LSU on the opening night of the 1975 Tour - have a bad audience recording of it on vinyl (2 disc) put away somewhere.... let me do a google search just to double check....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 26, 2008 14:55

ROCKMAN

Date: January 26, 2008 15:16

Beelyboy
i may be wrong about this; but i don't think they did dls on the opening night of the '75 tour. did they for sure? i think i would have remembered that.
hi Beely the Stones did perform ''sister'' on there first 75 show...i just wish they did it on there second show man!! because the boot of that show sounds so much better...have a good weekend and cheers!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-26 15:39 by rooster.

Date: January 26, 2008 15:25

Beely, the things I do to keep our friendship strong and true - set list for 1st show of 1975 Tour in Baton Rouge, Louisiana - Dunkirk Hall, Louisiana State Universary - LSU (1st June, 1975)-

HONKY TONK WOMEN
ALL DOWN THE LINE
IF YOU CAN'T ROCK ME/CLOUD (rare medley)
ROCKS OFF
AIN'T TOO PROUD TO BEG
STAR STAR
GIMME SHELTER
YOU GOTTA MOVE
GET WHAT YOU WANT
HAPPY
DICE
LUXURY
FINGERPRINT FILE (first time Mick ever played electric guitar on stage I believe)
ANGIE
THAT'S LIFE (Billy Preston)
OTTA SPACE (Billy Preston, Mick swings over the audience on a rope - CRAZY !!)
BROWN SUGAR
DANCE LITTLE SISTER *(I spy with my little eye)
IORR
JJF
RIP THIS JOINT
STREET FIGHTING MAN
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER (encore I believe)

By the time they hit Los Angeles a little bit over a month later (first show at the LA Forum - 9/07/75), ROCKS OFF, LUXURY, and DANCE LITTLE SISTER had been dropped and SYMPATHY, WILD HORSES, and HEARTBREAKER had been added. There you have it Beely my boy - THEY WANNA SEND ME TO "SET LIST" REHAB/BUT I SAY, NO, NO NO....

Date: January 26, 2008 15:33

OK , I've changed my mind... how can a "Real Man" say NO to a babe with a giant Horse Shoe tattoo on her arm? Now I'm in love, the demon woman sucked me in.... (thanks for the repro Rockman) (whispers: pssstt, Yo Rockman, is Rooster cross with me or somethin'?)

Date: January 26, 2008 17:51

This is so true. I m glad I am not the only one who feels this way. See ya Amy and good riddance. Enjoy your latest stay in rehab. Your vid with the crack torch was priceless.

Date: January 26, 2008 18:48

rooster
Beelyboy
hi Beely the Stones did perform ''sister'' on there first 75 show...i just wish they did it on there second show man!! because the boot of that show sounds so much better...have a good weekend and cheers!

thank you rooster: i was confused and made a mistake. sorry to spread my confusion about this here.
i saw the first show at madison square garden in '75 and thought that was the opening night of the tour. (also saw them there in '72)
ooops; my bad, pretty big mistake...that night in '75 clapton did an encore of sftd with them and there were lots of hand drummers in all the aisles...there was a big press and celeb party at Elaine's afterward that i attended with a press friend (that got me in) and it had opening night vibes all over the place, lottsa world class rockers at the bar... but my bad, that was only the NYC opening night. (they were to do several msg shows that week) i apologize for the misinformation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-26 19:12 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 26, 2008 20:11

I don't think we could except your apologize Beelyboy ......... mistakes can be made but this one ..................

Date: January 26, 2008 20:38

NICOS
I don't think we could except your apologize Beelyboy ......... mistakes can be made but this one ..................

jeeze louse don't i know it...been trying for community service but it looks like jailtime. dang.

Date: January 27, 2008 03:37

(whispers: pssstt, Yo Rockman, is Rooster cross with me or somethin'?)

Well I can't actually speak for the lad but
I'd say he's a forgiving cat....With a BIG heart.......

ROCKMAN

Date: January 27, 2008 03:57

ROCKMAN

Date: January 27, 2008 10:03

smileys with beer thanks Rock foo those great photoS!!!

Date: January 27, 2008 11:03

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home