Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Joni Mitchell
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 21, 2008 13:30

I like her music a lot
in the new Mojo magazine there is a great interview with her
does anyone have it? And maybe there is somebody on Tell kind enough to post it
greetings

Re: Joni Mitchell
Date: January 21, 2008 13:32

old interviews are welcome to

Date: January 21, 2008 13:33

Anybody heard her new album? is it good?

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: January 21, 2008 15:01

[www.google.no]

Just google "joni mitchell interview", like I did - and you get the marevllous content that link is going to take you to.
Nothing like the internet, right?
cool smiley

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: January 21, 2008 15:09

what record to listen to first would you recommend ?

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: January 21, 2008 15:18

JoniMitchell.com
also has a few goodies. Like this.

Joni Mitchell Disses “Greedy” Woodstock Generation4:26 PM GMT 31/12/2007

IN A FASCINATING, in-depth interview in the latest MOJO magazine – on the shelves Tuesday – Joni Mitchell turns her back on the “peace and love” generation.

Quizzed by MOJO’s Robert Hilburn on the long-term impact of the musical and cultural strides made by her contemporaries, she described them as “the greediest generation in the history of America”, and despaired of the example they have shown subsequent generations.

Asked about the strong undercurrent of discontent in her most recent album, 2007’s Shine, she replied…

“I was angry at the handling of New Orleans and how quick the American people were to impeach a man for sex and how slow to move on other things that made everyone in the world want to nuke America. I was also angry at the inability of this generation to know what to do; their inability to move at all, which is an unusual thing for youth.”

Asked what she meant exactly, she went into overdrive.

“In their youth, my generation was ready to change the world, but when the baton was passed to them in the ‘70s, they fell into a mass depression because all revolutionaries are quick to demolish and slow to fix. When handed the baton to fix it, they didn’t know what to do so they kind of degenerated into the greediest generation in the history of America. The hippie, yippie, yuppie transition from the ’60s to the ’70s to the greedy ’80s and Ronald Reagan – my generation dropped the baton and spawned this totally lacklustre generation.

“Machiavelli said, ‘People don’t know what to do with peace. It always degenerates into fashion and fornication,’ and that’s what we have. We are not building the kind of strong people in this third generation that we are going to need for the catastrophes that lie ahead. They aren’t getting any ethical instruction. I’m reluctant to say moral because it can get so diabolical. The things that are done in the name of morality are completely diabolical.”

All this and more in the latest MOJO, out January 2, 2008!

Posted by Danny_Eccleston at 4:26 PM GMT 31/12/2007

Date: January 21, 2008 16:09

toomuchforme
what record to listen to first would you recommend ?
Court and Spark

Date: January 21, 2008 16:10

Thank you for reacting if you guys can wait i post the interview cause i just bought the mag!!smileys with beer

Posted by: Kick Jaggards ()
Date: January 21, 2008 17:27

Joni Mitchell
I was angry at the handling of New Orleans and how quick the American people were to impeach a man for sex...

Joni Mitchell
Machiavelli said, ‘People don’t know what to do with peace. It always degenerates into fashion and fornication,’

I can't tell if she's for fornication or agin it.

And President Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice, not sex.

Date: January 21, 2008 17:32

Date: January 21, 2008 17:33

Date: January 21, 2008 17:34

Date: January 21, 2008 17:36

Date: January 21, 2008 17:37

Date: January 21, 2008 17:42

Date: January 21, 2008 17:47

Date: January 21, 2008 17:56

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: January 21, 2008 17:57

Thanks for posting that. It's good to hear from her again

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Date: January 21, 2008 17:59

Date: January 21, 2008 20:20

Posted by: Gimme Shelter ()
Date: January 21, 2008 20:52

The "Blue" album is fantastic !

Posted by: dixiecup ()
Date: January 21, 2008 22:37

fantastic artist and true to the bone. i am partial to 'chalkmark in a rainstorm'

thanks for posting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-22 00:16 by dixiecup.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 21, 2008 23:06

THanks for scanning Rooster. There was an interview with her a few days ago, in a norwegian newspaper. Didn't know that Joni had norwegian (Sami) ancestors, before reading that one; though I always thought she looked Sami

Date: January 21, 2008 23:25

yeah she sure looks like......cheers mate!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 21, 2008 23:32

I see you went straight out and bought the magazine as nobody posted it, ha ha
Cheers Rooster...!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: January 22, 2008 02:46

smashing job rooster; thank you so much.
She is such a uniquely intelligent and important artist imo
i have always loved her work. i'm partial to 'blue' and 'court and spark' but enjoy every one of her releases..."miles of aisles" was a surprise to me at the time; i didn't quite understand the jazzy change she was offering but i listened with fascination again and again...a true artist, following her own vision and not recyling the same ol' same ol'...she dosen't care about genre...she cares about soulful true expression. showbiz dosen't deserve her...

...also, what with us all being rockers here, 'raised on robbery' is a breath-taking rocker; great lyrics and rocks deeply...

...also do quite agree with her assessment of the general hopelessly lost and greedy disaster my generation turned out to be, and think it brave of her to be so forthright about many issues. she is just so brilliant.
thnx again rooster.

am also fascinated by her guitar playing. she made up her own open tunings on some of the things she wrote. i don't know if it's sexism or what, but she is a very accomplished and original guitarist and is beyond under-rated in that arena; it's hardly ever even discussed.

very talented original painter too.
this woman has fascinated me since she first started making records and i really admire and appreciate her music and her perspective and do also think her painting very superior and under-rated.

Posted by: bass ()
Date: January 22, 2008 02:57

Rooster, thanks for this and all your mind-blowing scans. Big fan of her for many many years. Her artwork is quite fine as well [jonimitchell.com]

Date: January 22, 2008 05:04

A few years ago she looked all wrinkly. Now she looks great. If that's a face lift it's the best one I have ever seen!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 22, 2008 07:08

Rooster, thanks so very much, and bass, what a treat to see a lot of
artwork. I remember being amazed to find out that Joni had painted herself on the cover of Blue.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: January 22, 2008 07:20

Jeez....

Here is another artist that I have no clue about, but I want to listen to her and get into the music. But where do I start??

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2226
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home