Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: I am a fan since 1977, but I boycot this NEW album
Date: January 22, 2008 22:02

<On YaYa's the guitar solo on SFD is an overdub, maybe the one on stray cat blues too. Maybe somebody knows this for sure?>

There was an interview posted here a while ago that says you´re wrong, but if you have eny new info I´d like to see it.

Posted by: MTFan ()
Date: January 23, 2008 01:37

Jochem
On YaYa's the guitar solo on SFD is an overdub, maybe the one on stray cat blues too. Maybe somebody knows this for sure?

There are two guitarsolos on gyyo/sftd?; I doubt they are overdubs-anyway-the second
is one of the best guitarsolos ever heard with the RS..both on sound and feeling.

Posted by: Jochem ()
Date: January 23, 2008 01:56

yes, it seems what I thought was an overdubb all my Stonesfan life actually isn't, wow quite a revelation....:>)

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 23, 2008 02:13

-----

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-23 02:14 by ryanpow.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 23, 2008 02:55

The Licks HBO MSG show...remember the live on the air live broadcast at about 1:40 or so into Street Fighting Man Keith hit a bum note? How come that's not on the DVD? Heh heh...probably because it's the take from the previous night...or they fixed it.

I know they fix things. I guess I just don't get why. Studios are for studio records. Aerosmith used other perforance takes and blended them for their live album. But that's still almost as bad as an O/D. It's just hilarious - they fix the live albums but for LSTNT they left that for what it was - a horrible beautiful mess.

It's very easy to tell the vocal overdubs because of the bleed through. But it's very difficult to tell if there are any guitar O/Ds on anything unless it's flat out and extra guitar...or you can hear the actual live guitar through something else.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: January 23, 2008 15:34

Bum notes and cockups shopuld be removed from Live recordings in my opinion.
I've nver had an issue with. A bum note or chord in a live perforamace is gone in the moment and much less significant in the scale of the live experience.
What you don't want is to hear that same bum note time and time again on a recording. That's just common sense to me ;^)

Posted by: brass olive ()
Date: January 23, 2008 15:36

MTFan
Jochem
On YaYa's the guitar solo on SFD is an overdub, maybe the one on stray cat blues too. Maybe somebody knows this for sure?

There are two guitarsolos on gyyo/sftd?; I doubt they are overdubs-anyway-the second
is one of the best guitarsolos ever heard with the RS..both on sound and feeling.

yep, I doubt they are overdubs judging by the solos from the other MSG 1969 shows. However, we cannot be 100% certain as these 2 songs feature on the "missing" MSG '69 tape....one can only imagine how HOT that show was !!!

Date: January 23, 2008 16:18

I think Mathijs has some knowledge about Ya-Yas and overdubs.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 24, 2008 22:08

I've read various things over the years about Ya-Ya's - the vocals are overdubbed on all but Love In Vain and Midnight from what I've learned. Keith has said very little was done to that live record - he should know, since there have been other magazine articles and maybe a book or two where he was hanging out overdubbing guitar tracks for whatever live album (I think it may have been for Still Life). But in Gimme Shelter you can see them messing with the multi-track masters with Mick's vocals...

Anyone notice the difference between, what, right before JJF on Flashpoint from the original release to the Virgin rerelease? It's a bit funny.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home