Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is Keith a real "Badass" or just a wanna be?
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: December 15, 2007 04:04

From reading aonther thread l came up with this question.
In many of the interviews l have read Keith mentions the fact that many times he has carried a gun or a knife and he talks tough about using them.
So my question is do you really think Keith has what it takes to use a gun or a knife or would he just run if things get rough and hide behind his bodyguards?

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-15 04:07 by ROPENI.

Re: Is Keith a real "Badass" or just a wanna be?
Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: December 15, 2007 05:01

keith has been very mellow and sweet for a long number of years now; I don't think he has the slightest intereset in hurting anybody or being cruel to anybody; and whatever the misadventures of youth and younger days, well i don't know. You get in a mood and someone sticks a microphone in front of your face ten million times ever since you were barely out of your teens; that's a context none of us can really imagine past a point.
I just pray for his health; He seems to have mellowed into a really good and concerned father with many friends and a beautiful family who love him; and i don't think he was ever really a badass personally; i know when he saw the violence at altamont it upset him terribly; you can see how frustrated and disgusted he was from the stage, even amidst all those guys who could have taken him out with a punch or a pool cue....that shows his concern and his reflexive hatred of real violence imo, despite any talking to the press on this day or that about this incident or that...and it also shows some courage too imo. cause he was pissed off and threatening to stop the show right from the stage into the vocal mike.
...and i surely hope he's as forever happy as can possibly be, with no more talk of weaponry and such. nobody knows what it's like to be in his shoes, he probably forgets himself sometimes. haaaaaaaaa...and i'm sure he has the weapons, a lot of yanks have firearms in their homes. and probably those stories about being scared enought to carry guns when dealing with any number of heroin dealers as a matter of desperation were probably true. thank goodness he's alive is all i got to say about that.
if you really want badass, i'm afraid he's gonna have to go back to solid body gibsons as well as the semi hollows... which could work real well actually...
if you see him with a les paul or an sg; you'll get plenty of bloody badass i bet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-15 05:14 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 15, 2007 05:22

keith probably doesn't look for trouble but i'm sure he could still handle any that comes his way

Posted by: Neil F ()
Date: December 15, 2007 05:25

He defends his stage...

In "Let's Spend the Night Together" he has the guitar off ready to take a swing at the person intruding on stage...

He also tries to defend Jason Timberlake when the crowd was throwing bottles at him at the Canadian SARS show.

As for the "real" I don't really know...but anyone with a library can't be all badass (just stay off the ladders and out of the hammocks)

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 15, 2007 07:58

compare him to actors who play badasses. They tend to be much smaller than their image, and most of them did things like go to acting school, sing and dance, and perform in "Our Town" and "The Seagull" before they got the big Hollywood role where they get to shoot guns, grunt, and flex. There are exceptions, of course, or there were, but keith's image-making is just that. One thing that was real was his serious drug use, but he was already rich enough to mainly avoid the criminal elements that accompany such a hobby, I believe.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 15, 2007 13:55

cc Wrote:
One thing that was real
> was his serious drug use, but he was already rich
> enough to mainly avoid the criminal elements that
> accompany such a hobby, I believe.

Yeah, that's a really expensive "hobby!"

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 15, 2007 14:29

ROPENI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> In many of the interviews l have read Keith
> mentions the fact that many times he has carried a
> gun or a knife and he talks tough about using
> them.
>

Old saying: "If they's talkin', they's ain't doin'"

Sometimes it's surprising just who is and who is not a real badass. Did you know that in the months following the murder of John Lennon, David Crosby carried a loaded Colt 45 in a holster under his jacket .... on stage? It's a wonder that in his paranoid, coked-up state he didn't blow some heckler away right in the middle of Guinnevere. Would have made GREAT headlines.

HIPPIE PEACE ROCKER GOES ON BERSERK RAMPAGE; FLOWERCHILDREN MOWED DOWN IN A HAIL OF GUNFIRE

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-15 18:28 by tatters.

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: December 15, 2007 17:26

It depends on the day. Keith has dementia so some days he thinks he's Billy the kid, and some days he thinks he's Bianca Jagger.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 15, 2007 17:27

keith is the original badass, the others are wanna bees

Posted by: MTFan ()
Date: December 15, 2007 17:34

I don't blame him for carrying a gun,remember what happened to Lennon.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: December 15, 2007 17:39

He can handle himself can Keith. He had no hesitation in decking the stage invader with his guitar in 1981, plus he terrified Peter Tosh when the latter was refusing to get out of his house.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 15, 2007 17:43

Former bad ass - now living off the legend (like myself).

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: La Mano Nera ()
Date: December 15, 2007 19:02

Didn't he punch some chick in the face for serving Mick Jagger with a subpoena?
And I remember reading something about him chasing Bob Dylan in his car in the '60s..or was he chasing someone with Bob Dylan in the '60s in a car..

And then there was the time he wrote Gimme Shelter. That's pretty badass, isn't it?

Posted by: The Biggest Bong ()
Date: December 15, 2007 20:25

keith has always been a gentle soul - c'mon, at the height of his 'badassedness' he wrote wild horses; one of the things i really like about the guy! (that, and the fact that he wrote beast of burden . . .)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-15 20:25 by The Biggest Bong.

Date: December 15, 2007 20:37

La Mano Nera Wrote:

> Didn't he punch some chick in the face for serving
> Mick Jagger with a subpoena?

Punching a woman is cowardly, not "badass."

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 15, 2007 20:51

remember when mick got his ass kicked by that cameraman in the 70s, lol

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: December 15, 2007 21:03

Keef is so sweet, such a gentlemen....in fact he is very shy......and he compensates that with some 'bad ass'camouflage....but that's no real Keith.....that's "the media Keith".

Posted by: ilikemick ()
Date: December 15, 2007 21:52

ehm, i feel, that i need to say, that he only wrote that phrases, "beast of burden" and "wild horses", Mick wrote the rest of the lyrics.

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: December 15, 2007 22:12

keeffriffhard Wrote:
> Keef is so sweet, such a gentlemen....in fact he
> is very shy......and he compensates that with some
> 'bad ass'camouflage....but that's no real
> Keith.....that's "the media Keith".

Ahhh...but that is not really true. Back in the day he was known for a quick temper and for never backing down. I forget which concert exactly, but I believe it was in Scotland very early on. The audience was spitting at the group - this was way before anyone heard of punk - and Keef planted his boot in somebody's head. Mayhem ensued and afterwards Stu gave out the various leftovers of the group's instruments back to them.

Also he stood up for himself at Altamont.

These days, however, he tends to forget he's almost 64 ;-)

Posted by: StonesBlake ()
Date: December 15, 2007 22:27

Keith does have a mean streak about him. Reading 'Stone Alone' some of the stuff he did to Brian was pure mean (of course Brian was an a**hole at times too). I think Keith, like everyone else, is complicated and has many different sides.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: December 15, 2007 22:31

the fact that everyone who wants too look cool onstage emulates keith in some way

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: December 15, 2007 23:36

melillo Wrote:
> remember when mick got his ass kicked by that
> cameraman in the 70s, lol

Tell us more!

Date: December 15, 2007 23:49

georgeV Wrote:

> melillo Wrote:

> > remember when mick got his ass kicked by that
> > cameraman in the 70s, lol

> Tell us more!

I think there's a pic of that in Bill's "Rolling With the Stones."

Re: Is Keith a real \"Badass\" or just a wanna be?
Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: December 15, 2007 23:56

I don`t think using a gun or a knife is my definition of badass. He seems like a friendly, reasonable guy and although, with his lifestyle, he probably had to defend himself now and then, I think he would not want to hurt anyone.

Posted by: Slimharpo ()
Date: December 15, 2007 23:57

ilikemick Wrote:
> ehm, i feel, that i need to say, that he only
> wrote that phrases, "beast of burden" and "wild
> horses", Mick wrote the rest of the lyrics.

Keith wrote "Wild Horses" and Mick rewrote the lyrics. "Wild Horses, couldn't dragg me away...." That chorus is from the orilginal.

I believe the same is true for "Beast of of Burder" and Mick filled in between the main lines. I don't know for sure how much of lyric was Mick or Keith, but the main idea, and subjects were Keiths.

Date: December 16, 2007 02:12

La Mano Nera Wrote:

> And then there was the time he wrote Gimme
> Shelter. That's pretty badass, isn't it?

point, score! game over.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 16, 2007 02:54

He's kinda the Wyatt Earp of Rock & Roll....
Dresses cool...opens doors for ladies but could bring a punk down with a riff and a smile

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 16, 2007 03:10

Beelyboy Wrote:
> La Mano Nera Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > And then there was the time he wrote Gimme
> > Shelter. That's pretty badass, isn't it?
>
> point, score! game over.

Insert New Coin..........

Date: December 16, 2007 03:34

heh heh nicos; cute. i never thought it would end the thread...and sure glad it didn't. rockman's descrition is delicious...
btw, just as a friendly humorous aside:

those are u.s. coins; worthless cheap metal and bad art design to beat.
worthless. if those are the new dollar coins they minted, at tax payers expense, you'd need about six more stacks to buy a tank of gas; that wouldn't buy a pack of butts in a lot of states....or a meal even at mcdonands...or half an entree in reasonably good restaurant...wouldn't buy cab fare further than a mile away etc....it's roughly 1/400th of a good positioned ticket at a rolling stones concert....so gather ye 399 similar stacks and send the file to rollingstones.com or make a digi-vid from your laptop and send it mr. cohl or mr. jagger. it reprsents debt, racketeering, murder of sanity, the death of the Constitution and theft...whoa; no wonder pot's illegal eh??
anyway...it's worthless...if you had put up a monetary unit that represesnted something other than a bandrupted economy, the effort would have had more resonance.
not so badass bro.
paz nicos...how's the euro doin?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-16 03:36 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 16, 2007 03:35

See da clip Dont Mess With Keith & judge fer yerselves

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1926
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home