Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: ZEPPELIN Concert info/Partial 02 Arena Set List + NIGHT FLIGHT Soundcheck LIVE
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 30, 2007 03:46

Hot off the presses the new Rolling Stone came into my Post Box Today. Who's on the cover but the Zep Boys. Page has let his hair go totally white, Plant looks like the manager of some cool Jazz Club with his salt and pepper Goatee, and John Paul Jones looks like the young manager of some Football (Soccer) team. All still alive and kickin' and looking ready for a world tour.....

Rehearsals / Partial Set List:

NO QUARTER (first song rehearsed, Day 1)

KASHMIR (second song rehearsed, Day 1)

FOR YOUR LIFE (mystery song off of PRESENCE, NEVER played live before - will be now, and Helter nailed it in a past thread - third song rehearsed Day 2 and 3)

Other songs rehearsed (confirmed by Rolling Stone):

WHOLE LOTTA LOVE / DAZED AND CONFUSED

Other songs most likely to be played (no brainers):

ROCK AND ROLL/BLACK DOG/IN THE EVENING/HEARTBREAKER/COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN/SONG REMAINS THE SAME/WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS/NOBODYS FAULT BUT MINE.The big question is does PLANT breakdown and do STAIRWAY. Doesn't have to with the number of song to choose from, we shall see (I personally could care less, I'll take NIGHT FLIGHT or THE ROVER instead).....

Will there be a GIANT tour after the 02 shows? The answer is blowing in the wind - sounds like the less pressure the band gets from outside the more it's likely to happen. Remember 20 MILLION people tried to get 16,000 tickets - that's SOME EFFING PRESSURE. I think a few of PLANTS quotes are the most optimistic and telling parts of the article -

"What happens in that room (rehearsal room) when there's nobody about has been, at times, AS GOOD AS IT EVER WAS.... I never wanted to do it" Plant confesses, "NOW I WANT TO DO NOTHING ELSE. HOW ABOUT THAT?" - Start saving your money Zep Fans, Sounds like Robert is ready to take the BIG RIDE.......

About 12 comments down for YouTube link to "NIGHT FLIGHT" LIVE - Soundcheck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-11-30 14:36 by HelterSkelter.

Re: OT: New ZEPPELIN Concert info/Partial 02 Arena Set List + Secret Live Song
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 30, 2007 03:52

HelterSkelter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Page has let his hair go totally white,
> Plant looks like the manager of some cool Jazz
> Club with his salt and pepper Goatee, and John
> Paul Jones looks like the young manager of some
> Football (Soccer) team. All still alive and
> kickin' and looking ready for a world tour.....

I let my subscription expire in the eighties...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 30, 2007 03:58

FOR YOUR LIFE (mystery song off of PRESENCE, NEVER played live before - will be now, and Helter nailed it in a past thread - third song rehearsed Day 2 and 3)

Helter I've been talking about this song on here for a year and speculated/guessed/wished it might be the song Page was talking about that they would play that had never been done before. GREAT song...Now if we can just get them to play Candy Store Rock and Hots On For Nowhere.smiling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: November 30, 2007 04:03

I just dropped my beer.....this is great news. Thanks Skeleter

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 30, 2007 04:04

Read it here:
[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: November 30, 2007 04:08

That's right, MORE PRESENCE and a few over looked PHYSICAL GRAFFITI songs with one new IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR thrown in - I'm Gonna Crawl? Hots on For Nowhere would be great but some tough timng on that one....

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 30, 2007 04:57

Great news, wow Plant looks like he's auditioning for the Lion King and Page looks like he just saw the burning bush. At least John Paul Jones looks happy.

I'm in with you on hoping for "Hots On For Nowhere", "The Rover" and "When The Levee Breaks".

Posted by: CrazyDadda ()
Date: November 30, 2007 05:01

Is there anyway to find a bigger picture of that on the net? Thanks

Date: November 30, 2007 06:16

HelterSkelter Wrote:
> That's right, MORE PRESENCE and a few over looked
> PHYSICAL GRAFFITI songs with one new IN THROUGH
> THE OUT DOOR thrown in - I'm Gonna Crawl? Hots on
> For Nowhere would be great but some tough timng on
> that one....

What about Carouselambra?...Just kidding. But yeah,more stuff off of PG would be better than the Warhorses. Have they ever done Down By The Seaside live?

Date: November 30, 2007 09:05

sweetcharmedlife Wrote:
> yeah,more stuff off of PG would be better than the
> Warhorses. Have they ever done Down By The Seaside
> live?

No, I don't believe they ever have done that one. I'll try a list off the top of my head, if I get a couple wrong someone correct 'em: PHYSICAL GRAFFITI/PRESENCE:

CUSTARD PIE (Rehearsed for 1975, never played)
THE ROVER (Rehearsed Maybe, Never played - except the intro which switched over to the full version of SICK AGAIN)
IN MY TIME OF DYING (1975, worked great live, one of the highlights)
HOUSES OF THE HOLY (Never nothing as far as I know. One of them - Plant/Page - must not like this one)
TRAMPLED UNDERFOOT (played on the '75 tour and beyond, worked well live)
KASHMIR (Warhorse)
BRON-YR-AUR (played way back in 1970 - Blueberry Hill show at the Forum)

IN THE LIGHT (Somebody said this was played on the PLANT/PAGE tour, never heard it)
DOWN BY THE SEASIDE (Not a peep)
TEN YEARS GONE ('77 tour, Knebworth - only 1 of 2 shows, skipped at the other show)
NIGHT FLIGHT (Were suppose to play at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show, didn't. Rehearsed, maybe 1977, heard it on YouTube)
THE WANTON SONG (played on PLANT/PAGE tour)
BOOGIE WITH STU (ain't gonna happen)
BLACK COUNTRY WOMAN (1977 Tour)
SICK AGAIN (1975 and 1977 I believe)

ACHILLES LAST STAND (1977 tour, Knebworth, Maybe 1980)
FOR YOUR LIFE (Never.... not yet - "secret live song")
ROYAL ORLEANS (Never)
NOBODY'S FAULT (warhorse)
CANDY STORE ROCK (Never)
HOTS ON FOR NOWHERE (Never)
TEA FOR ONE (twice I believe on the PAGE/PLANT Tour)

IN THE EVENING/HOT DOG/ALL MY LOVE have been played live from IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR. Any corrections? I'm sure I got a few wrong somewhere.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: November 30, 2007 13:45

The Wanton Song was played early on the 1975 tour, before being dropped.

Date: November 30, 2007 14:33

Thanks Jabhead. Here's something interesting. NIGHT FLIGHT Soundcheck/Rehearsals -

Sounds like they had NIGHT FLIGHT pretty close to being able to play live in concert, why they didn't is anybody's quess........

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 30, 2007 14:58

A few gems were pulled out for the Plant/Black Crowes tour as well. I saw them in Virginia and they opened with The Wanton Song, and did a stunning version of In the Light. Also great version of Custard Pie, Ten Years Gone, and Sick Again.

Re: OT: ZEPPELIN Concert info/Partial 02 Arena Set List + NIGHT FLIGHT Soundcheck LIVE
Date: November 30, 2007 16:57

Yeah, IN THE LIGHT needs to get on the set list for sure, couple more...

Re: OT: ZEPPELIN Concert info/Partial 02 Arena Set List + NIGHT FLIGHT Soundcheck LIVE
Date: December 1, 2007 23:49

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-02 00:07 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: thumbprint ()
Date: December 2, 2007 06:41

On the first Page/Plant Tour they played Down By The Seaside in Vegas & it went into Break On Through by The Doors...Very cool.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 3, 2007 06:11

great thread, thanks for starting it. looks like a reunion may be a reality if the tribute show goes well. mind boggling stuff!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 3, 2007 06:48

Here's some more tidbits from Billboard from an article titled "Astbury: Cult Will Open For Zeppelin In '08"

Here's the link: [www.billboard.com]

And here's the text:

November 20, 2007, 6:15 PM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
Not only is Led Zeppelin going back on the road in 2008, but they've selected the Cult as their opening act. That's according to Cult frontman Ian Astbury, who blabbed the news Saturday (Nov. 17) during a show in Cincinnati.

According to an MTV.com report, Astbury told the crowd, "We'll be back next year because we're opening for a band you may have heard of ... the name starts with an 'L' and has a 'Z' in it." After a fan shouted, "Led Zeppelin," Astbury nodded and raised his arm in the air.

A spokesperson for the Cult had no comment on Astbury's remarks. A Led Zeppelin spokesperson could not be reached at deadline.

However, there is growing speculation that Zeppelin, who will perform a one-off Dec. 10 show in London in tribute to the late Ahmet Eretgun, will indeed tour next year, with or without the Cult.

It is understood that conversations have already taken place to gauge the willingness of surviving bandmates Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones to hit the road, and there are unconfirmed reports that U.S. venues have already been approached about holding summer dates.

For his part, Page isn't doing much to quash speculation about Zeppelin's future. He told Guitar World that just one show would amount to a huge tease for the legions of Zeppelin fans dying to see the band live. "If that's it, we probably shouldn't have taken the genie out of the bottle," he said.

Then, Page told Reuters the band would play a never-before-unveiled song during the London gig, which he would describe only as "really intense."

"I think really we'd need to see how we got on in every respect," Page told Billboard in 2003 when asked about a Zeppelin reunion. "I mean, it's all very well. I know everyone would love to see us play together, but the reality of it is, if you start doing that, you commit to a period of time. And you've got to make sure that the music is jelling, and the personalities are jelling. But you know, who knows? Everything is possible!"

"Let's be positive and say that maybe it could be," he added. "It certainly wouldn't be because anyone had gone ahead and booked dates for us. No, no, no, no, no. That wouldn't be the case at all. It would be because we felt like we'd like to do it."

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: December 3, 2007 07:18

Plant sounds great.

Can't wait for the US tour - saw them 1x in the 70s at Chicago Stadium and after a couple songs, they stopped the show and said Jimmy's sick of something like that and they had to postphone the show, but would make it up later- which never happened- wonder if I can use my stub from that show to get in, maybe with interest it could be close to the value of the new tickets?

John

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: December 3, 2007 08:25

'Maid living loving she's just a woman' would be cool.

I think it was played only once or not at all because they thought it too commercial.

"Get over it,' it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

that doors ;Break on Through would be cool too.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: December 3, 2007 19:14

Nightflight was a left over song from 1970's Led Zeppelin III, probably not played live because it put to much of strain on Plant's voice.

Living Loving Maid is a song that the band considered a throw-away filler, but fans have grown to love over time.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-03 20:24 by rattler2004.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 3, 2007 20:04

They've also launched an offcial website

[www.ledzeppelin.com]

Date: December 4, 2007 06:10

Man,either ESPN is sponsoring the Zep tour or they have a producer who's a big Zep fan. They have played Zeppelin songs going in and out of every commercial break tonight on mon. football....Great game too. Go Ravens!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 991
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home