Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Vashti Bunyan
Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: October 12, 2007 19:22

Vashti's 30 years in musicak exile ended a few years bacj, her debut album selling for big ££££££s on ebay etc. Whilst i love my folk, I found Vashti a wee bit twee to say the lest, despite several friiends with good taste trumpeting her case, i wasnt convinced. So what that gotta do with the stones ? well her pre folk, pop period demos and few singles have been compiled and released and it features the jagger/richards penned "some things just stick in your mind" imagine a young Marianne Faithfull but a wee bit twee. its nice but not earth shattering.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-12 19:44 by Nanker Phlegm.

Re: Vashti Bunyan
Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: October 12, 2007 19:22

what???!!!!!!!

Date: October 12, 2007 19:45

what , what ????????????????????????????////

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 12, 2007 19:58

Yeah her first records(produced by ALO?), style of singing and look are similar to early Marianne.

Date: October 12, 2007 21:00

yes i do believe Loog was involved with her early stuff, Joe Boyd produced the "legendary" album

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: October 12, 2007 21:26

I love Vashti. Saw her live a few weeks back and it was thrilling. Much as I love Marianne, Vashti's a better singer, and probably more of a talent all round.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: October 13, 2007 18:22

Thanks Nanker and others. I had not heard of Vashti Bunyan, but after checking out UTube I just picked up the song 'Diamond Day.' Some very haunting songs in her catalog - I may buy others.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1425
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home