Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Neil Young
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 9, 2007 21:21

A friend of mine who is London at the moment just emailed me and told me he got me a ticket for one of Neil's NYC shows. What a nice surprise! They added one or two more dates in NY but not sure how many tickets are still left.

SomeTorontoGirl - you find any tickets yet??

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: October 9, 2007 23:19

hey SomeTorontoGirl:

Neil Young is playing Shea's in Buffalo on FRIDAY, November 30th.

Not as intimate as Massey Hall, but still quite nice (about 3000 seats). Come on down for the show...tix on sale Friday.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 10, 2007 02:27

Hound Dog wrote: SomeTorontoGirl - you find any tickets yet??

... in progress... Was in NYC this past weekend so a bit expensive - but tempting - to go back again...

buffalo7478 Wrote: hey SomeTorontoGirl: Neil Young is playing Shea's in Buffalo on FRIDAY, November 30th. Not as intimate as Massey Hall, but still quite nice (about 3000 seats). Come on down for the show...tix on sale Friday.

Shhhhh!!!!!! Just spotted that this morning... am going to go on-line and try to get a seat! That's a nice short drive from TO compared to some of the acts of desperation I was considering! (Well, only one act of desperation really - forking out too much money...) And always nice to have an excuse to hit the outlet mall...

BTW Buffalo, Ticketb*st*rds show the tickets going on sale Saturday morning at 10 am. It's going to be tough for me to get on-line then (but I will if I have to), was your "Friday" a typo, or do you know of earlier ticket sales, and how I could access them? Lavish thanks!

STG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-10 04:27 by SomeTorontoGirl.

Date: October 10, 2007 05:26

SomeTorontoGirl:

How many did you need. I got mine presale. There may be more available.

Tix were $107 including 'service' charge. Happy to help you if I can. And hey, with the strong Loonie, this concert is a lot less expensive for you than it was last year.

I would have LOVED to catch one of the Neil shows at Massey Hall (I caught Elvis Costello there a couple of years ago and was knocked out by the atmosphere)

Date: October 10, 2007 05:32

STG:

Here is a link to get tix thru the fan club presale (unlike the Stones, he doesn't make you pay $100 to be in the club, plus if you buy tix thru thesite, you get a free copy of the new CD....a great deal).

Fan Club presale for Buffalo starts Weds Oct 10 at 10 am. I hope you read this before then.

[www.neilyoung.tickets.musictoday.com]

Date: October 10, 2007 05:40

buffalo7478 Wrote: STG: Here is a link to get tix thru the fan club presale (unlike the Stones, he doesn't make you pay $100 to be in the club, plus if you buy tix thru thesite, you get a free copy of the new CD....a great deal). Fan Club presale for Buffalo starts Weds Oct 10 at10 am. I hope you read this before then.

My hero! Thanks SO much !!!! Should be able to get something tomorrow morning. Really appreciate the assist - tried to find presale info on line but just couldn't dig this one up. Happy happy happy!!!!!! Cheers Buffalo, and Tim Hortons coffee all around!

STG

Date: October 11, 2007 03:42

STG:

Did you score? (tickets, I mean...)

Date: October 11, 2007 03:58

buffalo7478 Wrote: STG: Did you score? (tickets, I mean...)

...sad story... 2 friends were thinking of going but couldn't decide until this afternoon. I thought there was lots of time to pick up the tickets since they don't go on sale to the public until Saturday. When I logged in just before 6, the presale tickets are sold out. And... my friends can't go anyway. So... I am having a very large drink to wash down my blood pressure medication, and will be looking for an internet cafe Saturday morning along with the rest of the world to try to get a ticket. But... I have calmed down in the last 3 hours... Anyway thanks for the info, I REALLY did appreciate it. Chalk this one up to Lessons Learned. Crud...
STG.

Date: October 11, 2007 17:19

STG:

That sucks. I will look around and see if I can find a pair of tix here.

Date: October 11, 2007 18:06

buffalo7478 Wrote: STG: That sucks. I will look around and see if I can find a pair of tix here.

Thanks, Buffalo, that's real sweet. I'm only looking for 1 ticket at this point though, so it may not be an easy "get."
STG

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 11, 2007 18:39

Toronto Girl, did you see if there are ticktes left for neil in CT? Its a larger venue then some of the others so it might be a little easier to get tickets.

Date: October 12, 2007 01:51

Hound Dog Wrote: Toronto Girl, did you see if there are ticktes left for neil in CT?

No, that's a pretty long trek from here. It's been an expensive Rock 'n Roll year, but Buffalo is a pretty short drive, go there often, so it would be my second choice over Massey Hall (which I'll still try to get a ticket for somehow...) Seems like a pretty strong Neil faction here on IORR, glad to be in good company! Cheers!
STG

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 20, 2007 06:24

Thanks to MRDEEEE from Shidoobee...

Neil's opening night setlist:

From Hank To Hendrix
Ambulance Blues
Sad Movies
A Man Needs A Maid
No One Seems To Know
Harvest
Campaigner
Journey Through The Past
Mellow My Mind
Love Art Blues
Love Is A Rose
Heart Of Gold
The Loner
Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere
Dirty Old Man
Spirit Road
Bad Fog Of Loneliness
Winterlong
Oh, Lonesome Me
The Believer
No Hidden Path
Cinnamon Girl
Tonight's The Night

Crikey, this sounds like a great set!
And like Dylan, (but unlike the Stones), I'm sure there will be plenty of setlist shakeups as the tour rolls on.

Date: December 2, 2007 01:37

The best of times, the worst of times... Never did get my grubby little paws on tickets to see Neil at Massey Hall this week. Was away for the first 2 shows and, after freezing my feet to the sidewalk and watching the scalpers (right in front of the door for cripe's sake!) asking $500 to $1200 each for tix to the last show on Thursday night, I trundled off to Buffalo yesterday - with new and grudging and (please God!) temporary appreciation for Ticketmaster.

Much as I would have liked the full Neil / TO / Massey experience, Shea's in Buffalo was a worthy substitute - lovely old faded but elegant theatre and a show that others have rightly raved over. The opening solo acoustic set was wonderful to watch as well as listen to - Neil would finish a song and wander around from the nest of guitars at centre stage to one of the pianos, almost like he was deciding what to play next. Very informal and laid back, and the music was like being seduced by an old lover. The electric set was more like being ravished - the man is 61 and rocks like a madman!

Made me start to wonder... what would it be like if you locked Neil and Keith in a room for a week and put them together on stage? Started wondering during Dirty Old Man and No Hidden Path. Would line up to see that pairing...

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 2, 2007 15:01

i love neil young....he almost was a new barbarian!! anyone knows the reason he didnt became one?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 3, 2007 01:48

rooster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i love neil young....he almost was a new
> barbarian!! anyone knows the reason he didnt
> became one?

Because he's an Old Trojan? smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 3, 2007 08:28

SomeTorontoGirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Shea's in Buffalo was a worthy
> substitute - lovely old faded but elegant theatre
> and a show that others have rightly raved over.
> The opening solo acoustic set was wonderful to
> watch as well as listen to - Neil would finish a
> song and wander around from the nest of guitars at
> centre stage to one of the pianos, almost like he
> was deciding what to play next. Very informal and
> laid back, and the music was like being seduced by
> an old lover. The electric set was more like being
> ravished - the man is 61 and rocks like a madman!
>

Thanks for the review.
I saw him in LA twice a couple weeks ago, and I'm still floating...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 3, 2007 09:39

Looks like he just turned 62, STG!
Sorry to miss him on this run--you make him sound so hot!

Date: December 3, 2007 13:21

angee Wrote:

Looks like he just turned 62, STG! [True - and born right here in TO! Oooops!]

Sorry to miss him on this run--you make him sound so hot! [Is that the first time Neil's been called "hot" ??? Regardless - Ssssssss! LOL!!!]

Date: December 3, 2007 16:24

Hey STG:

Glad you liked the show at Sheas. I was totally floored by it! If only the Stones would have the balls to do a tour of theatres....and the balls to put a setlst together that leaned heavily on newer material and some older 'gems' instead of warhorses.

One of the best shows I have seen by any band. He had more passion at 62 than a bunch of 20 year olds.

Date: December 4, 2007 02:19

buffalo7478 Wrote: One of the best shows I have seen by any band. He had more passion at 62 than a bunch of 20 year olds.

Was going to suggest that it might have been the best show I've seen this year, but don't feel like tap dancing in a mine field at the moment!

Link to the setlist and a review in the Buffalo News for any who would like to drool and kick themselves silly! [buffalonews.typepad.com]

Date: December 4, 2007 02:25

Better than Springsteen STG? Come on,go out on a limb.....So when is Neil going to play a theatre show in his (adopted) hometown?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: December 4, 2007 02:37

sweetcharmedlife Wrote: Better than Springsteen STG? Come on,go out on a limb.....So when is Neil going to play a theatre show in his (adopted) hometown?

Fighting words, Nemesis! It was too good to last! Of course better than Springsteen! On a Body of Work basis and on a creative basis! And what "adopted' hometown? Repeat after me... Canuck, canuck, canuck! Yer messin' with the North now, Nemesis! We may be ass deep in snow, but we will dig ourselves out and stuff it down your pants! Don't worry, it numbs you for the probe...

Date: December 5, 2007 05:02

I just dumped my 4 Springsteen Tix (16th row) for Buffalo to a friend. The last tour's concerts were a little too much rehearsed 'show' for me. He used to be so spontaneous (or at least seemed that way). Last major tour with the E-Street band seemed like ever move, every bit of dialogue was rehearsed.

I'll be in Florida, listening to Neil and the Stones on a beach...

Date: December 5, 2007 05:10

buffalo7478 Wrote: I just dumped my 4 Springsteen Tix (16th row) for Buffalo to a friend. ... I'll be in Florida, listening to Neil and the Stones on a beach...

OK, SCL, I'll track him down and you can beat him over the head with your souvenir Springsteen t-shirt!!!

That's just mean!!!! :-)

Date: December 5, 2007 05:12

You people up north are all crazy. Hell Buffalo is just Canada lite.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: December 5, 2007 05:16

sweetcharmedlife Wrote: You people up north are all crazy. Hell Buffalo is just Canada lite.

[Whew!] For a minute there, I thought I'd got myself a new Nemesis. Always nice to know I can rely on you to bounce on back, SCL! ;-)

Date: December 5, 2007 05:21

True story... Standing outside Massey Hall in TO Thursday night watching the scalpers / touts trying to get $600 - $1200 per seat, there was the usual smell on the street of burning herb. Couple of guys with New York accents walked around the corner, looked at each other and one said "It smells like Canada."

I have absolutely no idea what that means...

Date: December 5, 2007 05:55

Tatters: The question I have had with Dylan for over 30 years is: which Dylan will show up. The engaged and vibrant Dylan, or the depressed, reclusive Dylan. It seems to be a crap shoot.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: December 5, 2007 08:32

>Tatters: The question I have had with Dylan for over 30 years is: which Dylan will show up. The engaged and vibrant Dylan, or the depressed, reclusive Dylan. It seems to be a crap shoot

It's a worthy crap shoot. Last time I saw Dylan, Jack White showed up and they tore threw a previously-unplayed 33-or-so-year-old song. Having said that, I've never witnessed the two clear-cut incarnations to which buffalo7478 refers.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home