Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Plexiglass Religion 3 Years Old Today
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 22, 2009 16:12

I don't understand. Someone TOOK HOME a plexiglas with a Stones setlist on it? And this was the defining moment of their life? And now they WORSHIP at the damn thing like it was an altar in a church? Someone please explain. This has puzzled me for some time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-22 16:48 by tatters.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 25, 2009 04:18

May The Plexiglass Grace us with its appearance by the time the four year anniversary rolls around by means of Another World Tour.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 25, 2009 19:10

Chotto hen desu yo...

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 25, 2009 19:23

tatters
I don't understand. Someone TOOK HOME a plexiglas with a Stones setlist on it? And this was the defining moment of their life? And now they WORSHIP at the damn thing like it was an altar in a church? Someone please explain. This has puzzled me for some time.

I didn't get the point either .I think I'am dumb .Although I am a funny girl .Some of my friends call me "E.T. "

The Ten Commandmants :

4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: September 26, 2009 00:33

SwayStones
tatters

I didn't get the point either .I think I'am dumb.

You're not dumb. This thread is dumb. I think it may have something to do with Charlie having the setlist written for him on a piece of plexiglas that he keeps near his drumkit, and someone found that it was possible, before the concert began, to read the setlist off the plexiglas and thus know in advance what they were going to play and when they were going to play it. Not sure why that's important, though I guess it does allow you the opportunity to yell out for the song you know is coming up next and when they play it, it looks like they played it because you yelled out for it. Also, it would help in making decisions like when to go to the bathroom or when to go buy a beer.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 26, 2009 06:37

tatters
You're not dumb. This thread is dumb. I think it may have something to do with Charlie having the setlist written for him on a piece of plexiglas that he keeps near his drumkit, and someone found that it was possible, before the concert began, to read the setlist off the plexiglas and thus know in advance what they were going to play and when they were going to play it. Not sure why that's important, though I guess it does allow you the opportunity to yell out for the song you know is coming up next and when they play it, it looks like they played it because you yelled out for it. Also, it would help in making decisions like when to go to the bathroom or when to go buy a beer.
Bt God tatters, you may have just explained what had been a bit of a head-scratcher! Well done!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 26, 2009 06:56

tatters
SwayStones
tatters

Yes it started out as a bit of a dumb joke when one night somone posted the setlist before the show based on what was written on the plexiglass next to Charlie. From there,the oh so eccentric timbernardis transformed it into an inside joke that even Stephen Colbert would'nt find funny. But 3 years later it still gets mentioned.moody smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 26, 2009 14:37

sweetcharmedlife
tatters
SwayStones
tatters

Yes it started out as a bit of a dumb joke when one night somone posted the setlist before the show based on what was written on the plexiglass next to Charlie. From there,the oh so eccentric timbernardis transformed it into an inside joke that even Stephen Colbert would'nt find funny. But 3 years later it still gets mentioned.moody smiley

I see. Thank you for clearing this up. The story sounds vaguely familiar. I still don't see what the big deal is. I think any one of us could predict, with 95% accuracy, the setlist for any given Stones concert WITHOUT looking at the plexiglass. With one or two minor changes, it's gonna be the same setlist they played the previous night.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home