Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Plexiglass Religion 2 Years Old Today (Plexiglass one year celebration, continued)
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 22, 2008 01:24

Presumably the final North American show in 2006 (was it Seattle or Vancouver?) as it - somewhat uniquely - has 3 Keith songs listed.

Re: Plexiglass Religion 2 Years Old Today (Plexiglass one year celebration, continued)
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 22, 2008 01:52

ahhhhhhhhh, yes I forgot that part. Bingo.

I was thinking someone might see the B Raitt on the setlist and at least they would know it was either Dodger Stadium or Vancouver, Canada. Maybe there were other shows that she opened, dont remember right now.

Yes, that third song was a little strange but gave daughter Whitney and I plenty of time to get right up against the B stage barrier, where she was handed two Keith picks by Tony Russell.

Actually, I think we got there by the time he finished his first song, making a mad dash from our 6th row seats.

p

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 22, 2008 02:12

time flies when your high on PLEXIGLASS. Happy aniversary!

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: September 22, 2008 03:52

Hey Tim, Happy anniversary. Hopefully we get to see many more plexiglass night's. To bad i did not know you before Montana because we would of ripped it up, although Frankfurt was a blast and Barcelona was even better as a whole until we hooked up after the concert, and everything went south. Other then that it was real, hang in there with the plexi,where has our Sarah been? i will get barcelona out to you this week and Lyon. Say hi to Mrs. Plexi. Once again keep up the Monster attitude!lol...

Date: September 22, 2008 04:59

Hey Frk, I was wondering the same thing today. I see she posted on San Francisco record stores. She may show up in this thread yet.

P

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 22, 2008 06:39

What do we GET to join in the Plexiglass anniversary?

Maybe one of those tiny, cheesy coasters that were given to early ticket buyers at selected theaters showing SAL? Featuring the Plexiglass on the coaster, of course.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 22, 2008 10:12

Prostrations to the monster Plexiglass!

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: September 22, 2008 12:02

Salud. In the spirit of religious anorakdom, who actually writes the set list on the Plexiglass? What kind of pen does he use? Is this person like the Wizard of Oz?

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: September 22, 2008 14:22

Two years already? Hope to find an excuse to gather somewhere in the very near future. If the excuse is another Stones tours, so be it.

Cheers my friend and may this congregation grow and grow.

Date: September 22, 2008 18:23

baxlap
Salud. In the spirit of religious anorakdom, who actually writes the set list on the Plexiglass? What kind of pen does he use? Is this person like the Wizard of Oz?

I doubt that it is actually Chuck but some privileged roadie is given the task. I think it is written in grease pencil.

And perhaps the person is a bit like the Wizard of Oz in that most of the time, they are behind the (stage) curtain until they come out to perform this task er, ceremony.

But it is THE PLEXIGLASS itself that predicts, nay, determines, the set list each night and spiritually communicates what is to be written.

All this nonsense about Mick and Chuck conferring about the set list for each show -- well they may do that, but they defer to the Divinity of THE PLEXIGLASS for ultimate wisdom and authority.

Plexi

Date: September 22, 2008 18:29

Let this celebration simply be called . . . .

PLEXMAS

grinning smileyRe: Plexiglass Religion 2 Years Old Today (Plexiglass one year celebration, continued)
Posted by: Dandelion1812 ()
Date: September 22, 2008 19:27

Oh my god... what a nice anniversary grinning smiley ...

I hope to see .... the 2 plexiglasses ...lot of times again ... in the near future >grinning smiley<

Keep on rocking

Dande

Date: September 22, 2008 19:46

Come on now plexi, you should know who writes on the plex. It's a chick but i don't know her name or about her, do some research and ask around. You should have that as part of your wisdom,don't forget you are the plexiglass.lol...

Date: September 22, 2008 23:47

timbernardis

PLEXMAS

I would take it a step further and say that EVERY day be PLEXMAS!

Date: September 23, 2008 03:19

ryanpow
timbernardis

PLEXMAS

O Ryan, thou hast been inspired by the Spirit!! Yes !!!

plexi

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 23, 2008 03:25

stonesfrk
Come on now plexi, you should know who writes on the plex. It's a chick but i don't know her name or about her, do some research and ask around. You should have that as part of your wisdom,don't forget you are the plexiglass.lol...

It is a woman and someone mentioned her name before...Where the hell is Gazza when you need him?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 23, 2008 03:39

sweetcharmedlife
stonesfrk

It is a woman and someone mentioned her name before...Where the hell is Gazza when you need him?
Yes Sweetcharmed, i can't believe nobody has come to the rescue on this one. I've seen her a bunch of times doing it and it's always out on stage. I don't remember her doing it back stage and then Charlies drum kit get's rolled out. I allway's looked forward to her coming out and doing the honors, then we knew it was getting close to "SHOW TIME"!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 23, 2008 06:48

Omedeto gozaimasu Plexi-san!

Re: Plexiglass one year celebration
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 23, 2008 07:25

ohnonotyouagain
Great, I get drunk, get on this board and accidentally help start a new religion. As drunken accidents go that's a better than average result, but why couldn't I have accidentally fallen into a pile of money or naked supermodels instead?

I'm not sure the world needs a new religion, but I have stocked up on Windex in case the plexiglass descends from the heavens and needs me to clean some smudges off its holy surface.

You're a regular Jim Jones!

Re: Plexiglass one year celebration
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 23, 2008 07:27

timbernardis
Tell Me ... Sister M, KWhinos, JJ Flash -- you are all indeed Believers and therefore Blessed in the sight of the Plexiglass.

leteyer -- The Plexiglass provides all my earthly needs. I did not choose, I was chosen.

ohno -- you are well prepared for the Second Coming; tomorrow you shall be with me in paradise

ryanpow - And I am very pleased to have you as a member of the Bay Area Plexiglass Society (BAPS). Now, some of the other members are sweetcharmedlife who has not yet posted on this thread, am beginning to get concerned, sarahuwin, who else?

I do believe in the power and energy of the mighty Plexiglass! Long live the Plexiglass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
more responses later to the other posts ...

The Plexiglass

Date: September 23, 2008 17:25

so is it he or I that is a regular Jim Jones?

sans or avec Kool Aid?

Well, yes, I would say that the Bay Area is the strongest bastion of PLEXIGLASS belief and supporters, especially in that it has its own chapter -- the Bay Area Plexiglass Society (BAPS) which had its first official meeting at the SFAE on March 29 in San Francisco.

Now, anyone recall where Jim Jones was from or at least began his false religion?? Kool Aid in plexiglass cups anyone?

plexi

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: September 23, 2008 20:24

ryanpow
timbernardis

PLEXMAS

I can't celebrate Plexmas.......I already celebrate Festivus for the rest of us.

Date: September 23, 2008 21:42

As a compromise lukester, how about a festivus pole made of plexiglass instead of metal?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-09-23 22:46 by ryanpow.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 23, 2008 21:43

timbernardis

sans or avec Kool Aid?

Well, yes, I would say that the Bay Area is the strongest bastion of PLEXIGLASS belief and supporters, especially in that it has its own chapter -- the Bay Area Plexiglass Society (BAPS) which had its first official meeting at the SFAE on March 29 in San Francisco.

Now, anyone recall where Jim Jones was from or at least began his false religion?? Kool Aid in plexiglass cups anyone?

plexi

Drink the Kool Aid, you non-believers, raise the glass to your heathen mouths and drink it down!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 23, 2008 21:45

I think my glass of Kool Aid had a little too much vodka in it.

Date: September 24, 2008 03:36

ohnonotyouagain
timbernardis

sans or avec Kool Aid?

plexi

Drink the Kool Aid, you non-believers, raise the glass to your heathen mouths and drink it down!

Yeah Ohno. Your the Jim Jones of IORR. "If you love something,set it free.If it doesn't come back to you. Hunt it down and kill it". "Those who don't remember the past are condemned to repeat it". Have a nice day.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: September 24, 2008 06:40

Let's not forget, "If it moves, f-ck it. If it doesn't, have it for dinner."

Date: September 25, 2008 14:56

Barn Owl
...respect for the plexiglass.

Barn Owl thou art Blessed.

love your one line devotional to THE PLEXIGLASS and the whole Barn Owl trip with your sharp, cool signature foto of that little barn owl.

remember that Blue Oyster Cult had a song I Love the Night?

plexi

Date: September 25, 2008 19:08

timbernardis
Barn Owl
...respect for the plexiglass.

Barn Owl thou art Blessed.

love your one line devotional to THE PLEXIGLASS and the whole Barn Owl trip with your sharp, cool signature foto of that little barn owl.

remember that Blue Oyster Cult had a song I Love the Night?

I remember that. From Spectres.

plexi

Date: September 27, 2008 22:02

Two years plus one week less a day!

plexi

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2146
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home