Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

THE Shine a Light Trailer HD
Posted by: MICK_JAGGER ()
Date: August 23, 2007 01:46

Heres the official website for the movie, english version, different trailer sizes as well! finally, i knew itd come up.Fantastic stuff

[www.shinealightmovie.com]

Re: THE Shine a Light Trailer HD
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 23, 2007 04:43

wow , ninth post of this.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: August 23, 2007 06:51

Thank you very much.I was waiting for it.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 23, 2007 14:54

Thanks alot for posting that!! That was great!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: August 23, 2007 15:41

I am excited. The postponed coming out makes it bigger ! a biggest excitement..
This could be the last film on Stones touring.
We had to wait for a great director to make it and for a long time. The band made itself the 25X5. Hal Ashby had just shooted the concerts (happy to have them). Why just a very few tried to do something ?

Why is Shine a light postponed ?
overdubs to make ?
final Stones touch to bring on it ?
Does Martin would agree with overdubs ? and for the final cut process, will Mick and Keith be joining ?

Posted by: Buddy Young ()
Date: August 23, 2007 16:15

Wow, this looks very promissing!!! Looking forward to this.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: August 23, 2007 17:01

I'd love to know the REAL reason it was pushed up to '08! It has got to be about $$$$. From those clips that I saw, it seems to be as ready to go as it could be! Maybe it was conflicting with something else that would detract from the box office numbers!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 23, 2007 18:06

Well, the preview looks fantastic! Honestly I don't mind waiting till 2008 (we have a lot to watch now, don't we?), I am sure it will be worth it! The way it is filmed looks fabulous. And most of all - You Got the Silver is there! I am really looking forward for the DVD - maybe the Christas 2008?

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: August 23, 2007 19:42

a friend at the rough-cut screening said the group concensus was that the film was simply "appalling" thats why it got set back a year

OLDKR

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: August 23, 2007 20:06

oldkr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a friend at the rough-cut screening said the group
> concensus was that the film was simply "appalling"
> thats why it got set back a year
>
> OLDKR

What are you saying, that the film needs re-editing? The trailer, slim as it is, shows that Scorsese doesn't want the super-serious atmosphere of "The Last Waltz" to be repeated in a labor of love like this one. I detect a dry sense of humor that might be lost on some of the so-called "hardcore". The Stones given the "Spinal Tap" treatment? Not exactly, but the MJ phone comments about moving cameras suggests more than a bit of a tongue-in-cheek atmosphere surrounding the whole production.

Also, the importing of all those beautiful young people for the front rows suggests a jab at the manufactured crowds present in so much of the MTV-generation concert footage. The idea, as I see it, is to let the music itself rise above the superfluous flummery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-23 20:16 by bassplayer617.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: August 25, 2007 07:57

all im saying is that a room full of industry guys (stones fans or not) said that as a piece of viable cinema the film was simply "appalling"

OLDKR

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 25, 2007 08:43

tHEY WAITED TILL APRIL SO THEY COULD TOUR TO PROMOTE IT

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: August 25, 2007 14:59

April 2008, means that it will be shown as a Premiere in Cannes, with lots of promotion...

It will be a success!!!

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: August 25, 2007 19:00

reason for delay easy very easy they want people to get ABB dvd so the market place does not have to much traffic.the day after the hamburg concert i went shoping for some music and many people were buying ABB dvd and they were playing it in the shop it looks good but,live so much better!!!!!!!to all those going sunday night have a great one i know you will b-a-b-y:-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1636
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home