Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How's your life changed since August 05
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: August 24, 2007 11:18

It's been 2 years since The Rolling Stones kicked off ABB Tour. Since then I got a new job, started and ended new relationship, started to do professionaly what I wanted to do (well, at least on of the two things), started postgraduate studies and now I'm moving out to another place. And of course I saw a lot of great shows (not only Stones). My life changed a lot. Could you share how's your life changed since August 05? Nothing too personal of course. I hope this thread will not infringe on anybody's privacy. It's just for fun.

Re: How's your life changed since August 05
Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: August 24, 2007 11:43

not much.

but i didnt really want it to change anyway(apart from winning the lottery).

still got the same wife and 2 kids that i had 2 years ago.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: August 24, 2007 11:47

My life WILL change if the Stones retire, I have been a fan for 37years and they are part of my life (sad isn't it?). What band can I follow then, I can't think of anyone (apart from Floyd maybe).

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: August 24, 2007 12:01

ive been a fan of the stones since 1987.

didnt even know they were about to make a comeback then, thought they had finished in the mid 70,s at that time.

so it was a big surprise to see they had made albums from then on, right up till 1986.

even bigger surprise when they announced a new album and tour in 1989.

and an almighty surprise when i got to see them at hampden in 1990.

but through all that, i never thought they would be going 20 years on from when i first got into them.

i wish i had known, so i could have had something to look forward to.

thought ever tour was thier last anyway.

one day we will be right.

i will miss them but, theyhave plenty material to keep us going for a long time.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: August 24, 2007 12:40

Funny post! The stones are still doing the same tour but because it is going on for so long other people are doing totally different things indeed.
I finished my studies, started to work and moved to another place. "Big" changes indeed while the stones are standing still ;-)

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 24, 2007 15:07

Pretty much nothing has changed for me except:

I've spent a lot of money seeing the Stones --- and that's a good thing !!!
I still have my health --- and that's even better.
ABB CD came out as well with some really good tunes.

I look forward to more of the same in the future.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: August 24, 2007 15:07

I now have a son!

New Job too!

And have moved house.

Hence why I never went to see them this summer on the European Tour, too much else going on and not enough finances to accomodate the Stones into my life again. Yes my life has changed big style since August 05. It seems a liftime ago that we were all huddled around our pc screens waiting on the tour anouncement (May 05?)

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 24, 2007 17:28

My socks are full of holes in 2007 - they were quite nice in 2005, and I'm buying new ones next year

Posted by: nikki bong ()
Date: August 24, 2007 20:03

well, i'm certainly poorer!

Posted by: guy ()
Date: August 24, 2007 20:16

Bought a flat in London, for the 1st time in my life(43) with my girlfriend, directed a very successful play about paedophiles called Future Me, jogged quite a lot, but not as much as I would have liked....

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 24, 2007 20:19

I'm fatter and I have long hair. I have broadband and a new computer. That's about it.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 24, 2007 20:53

I went around the sun twice, spinning like a m/f.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: August 24, 2007 20:58

I finished school and graduated with A-level last year, started studying, 11 more shows to the only one I had before kick-off 2005, got seriously injured after playing too much tennis...

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: August 24, 2007 21:15

August 2005, I split with my partner of 12 years, and my American girlfriend came to Scotland to live with me. Jan 2006, we travelled stateside to meet her parents and get a "fiance visa" in Chicago. Took in the Stones gig in St Louis (amazing). May last year got married. Our first child is due at the end of January. Inbetweentimes we caught the Stones Glasgow Hampden show but recently missed the Paris gig. We had tix, hotel and flights all booked, but my wife had a scare over the pregnancy, so we cancelled the day before (all is well now).
Life huh! Its what you make of it.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 24, 2007 22:13

Got to see Boise, Idaho for the first time in my life thanks to the Stones!

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: August 24, 2007 22:53

This is an interesting thread.

When the tour was announced I was a Rock Disc Jockey in Charleston West Virginia.
During the the course of the tour I have had 3 different jobs, moved back to my hometown of Cleveland Ohio, had 3 differnt affairs with 3 VERY different ladies, kicked cocaine twice, my cousin killed himself, my sister had a son and my sister-in-law had a daughtern, seen the Stones 7 times and my wife and I just bought our first house in Wadsworth Ohio while I am now a Disc Jockey of Adult Contemperary Hits radio in Mansfield Ohio.

meanwhile, the Stones are still on the SAME tour smiling smiley

my daughter was 2 when this tour started and was too young to go to an event like the Stones. Now she is almost 5 and LOVES the music of the Stones (she sings Get Off My Cloud as if it were a nursery song) SO she could actually go see the Stones at this point.

can't wait until the Shine a Light tour next year... wonder how long that one will last (tho I suspect not NEARLY as long as this one)

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: August 24, 2007 23:22

Dan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm fatter and I have long hair. I have broadband
> and a new computer. That's about it.

More or less the same apart from the fact that I just got my hair cut...and I've meat Baboon Bro and JumpinKentFlash. Nice guys by the way

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 24, 2007 23:32

-----

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-25 00:00 by ryanpow.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: August 24, 2007 23:59

since august '05, we've moved to a big city, my gf started and finished grad school in public policy, i lost my job and am completely broke (don't worry, 2 interviews coming up and the break has really improved my guitar-playing), we saw the stones 3 times, got my first suit (used) since the '70's, and like Dan i've gained a few pounds, got DSL after 6 years of dial-up, got a new computer, and grew my hair past my shoulders again.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 25, 2007 00:45

dont even get me started on this topic which is a great one

just a couple....

previous high number of shows on one tour was 4, ABB: 27

previous time when i was most crazed and active re the Stones: 1974-1981

now: 2005-2007, its like i am reborn in my stones passion but triply so, and i am serious

a midlife crisis? just the financial ability to do what i have wanted to do for years?

that does not adequately explain the obsession i have fallen into

and there has been so much else besides the shows -- all the fanclub involvement (a little in the official rs.com, a tidbit in rocksoff, a bit in shidoobee, have just gotten to know the stonesvikings people here in london, and a little involvement in stonestreff - german fan club, but MUCH more so with some of their members, especially 3 special ladies, AND MOST OF ALL IN IORR AS THE PLEXIGLASS)

lots of e mailing to various fan club folks in many nations

constantly checking e bay for stones items

show boots, dvds (including making some of my own of each), ronnie wood art (bought 2), meeting charlie and ronnie, travelling thousands of miles to see the band, and t shirts, god the t shirts - like buying maybe 35 or 40 and then having my own PLEXIGLASS t shirts made which made their debut at The Pilot last eve

i see i broke my promise to write just a little, so all for now, maybe more later

theplexiglass

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 25, 2007 00:55

What kind of a post is this, grow up

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 25, 2007 02:15

The dust on my coffee table is WAY thicker than it was two years ago. One of these days I really have to do something about that.

"It wasn't my fault ... liquors drunkened me!" Homer Simpson

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: August 25, 2007 03:22

I have found a lot of new Rolling Stones frineds and been to 3 more stones gigs.

Horsens-Denmark 06
Gothenburg-Sweden 07
Copenhagen-Denmark 07

Not so many gigs,but for me its worth a lot !!!!!!!!

[www.stonesvikings.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-25 03:23 by Harlix.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 25, 2007 04:17

I've traveled to Europe twice, and Hawaii three times.
I drink and smoke more (wine, beer, cigs, and weed) than I did 2 years ago.
I've seen the Stones 12 times, bringing the total to 45.
I bought a new car after my old one exploded on Highway 1 in California.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: August 25, 2007 06:57

Lemony Snickets, a series of unfortunate events. That would describe my life since this tour started. I was unfortunately laid off from a job that paid pretty well, which led to all kinds of financial problems and my ten year old car is on it's last legs.

But things are looking up now as the job market seems to be improving in my field and I have been getting loads of interviews lately. My car situation should improve soon too and I'm even thinking about looking up an old flame I just ran across on classmates.com. That's a great website for looking up old friends and rekindling old romances.

Oh yeah and I saw The Stones at Giant's Stadium last year which was quite a thrill.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-25 06:59 by FrankM.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 25, 2007 16:48

Harm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What kind of a post is this, grow up

I think, one very appropriate to the thread question, sir.

I think you are just mad you are not in London.

THEPLEXIGLASS

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: August 25, 2007 19:01

I have to agree with Frank M on the Lemony Snickets comment, and life being a series of unfortunate events.I have changed jobs and locations, and doing it again. Been victim of credit card fraud, identity theft, had my house robbed,my heart broken, all since the beginning of this tour.But I also have new hope, new love, and new chances. The tour has been a constant on the canvas of change, which is really strange since briefer tours have seemed to come and go between events rather than be a back drop to life's dramas.

I have to say though that as much a the group plays a part, we the fans play a part in what the tour is really about for us as individuals. Paul, Sara, Jillian, Julia, Val, these are all people now I look forward to seeing, all people that have invited me into their lives, there homes. Countless others,Sonoko(sp?) Gary, Andy, even our esteemed Director of the Board, BV, these people have become constants of varying importance in my life for the last 2 years, some for the last 5-6 if I go back to Licks.Beast and I boarded a train the other night and spoke to a gentleman off to see his first show since 1982. After talking to us for a while he commented on our "extended family" and the life style.I guess in some ways those terms/accusations ring true, and while less published and aknowledged than the infamous "dead heads" it is really apparent to me that the Stones travelling entourage is really much larger than those who are on the payroll.

I just want to say thanks to all of the band and all of the rest that are voluntary travellers along this road for the past two years, thanks so much for enriching my life and making the hard times so much better,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home