Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith Richards - MOJO 166
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 10, 2007 14:28

MOJO 166 - September 2007............

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-10 14:49 by Rockman.

Re: Keith Richards - MOJO 166
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: August 10, 2007 14:33

Thanx, Rockman!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 10, 2007 14:40

Thanks Rock - was lookin' for this one!
STG

Date: August 10, 2007 14:41

With pleasure my man....And Some Toronto Gal....

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-10 14:43 by Rockman.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 10, 2007 14:43

I was just out looking for that MOJO - they didn't have it - thanks Rockman !

Posted by: KingBee ()
Date: August 10, 2007 14:45

Thank you!!
Mojo is sold out in Cologne already!

Many thanxxx!

Posted by: heinz_str ()
Date: August 10, 2007 14:59

yes, this is our keuth.
thanks for posting, rockman

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: August 10, 2007 15:46

Thanks a lot, once again Rockman!!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 10, 2007 15:47

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. COULDN'T FIND IT IN THE STORES HERE IN THE USA. AS ALWAYS, A GREAT READ. KEITH IS THE BEST INTERVIEWEE IN ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
Thank you again,
Mops

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 10, 2007 15:50

thanks Rockman, and thank you Keith!
they really do just love to ask Keith the same things over and over, don't they
just like the concert photographers who all seem to determined to get the same three "classic Keith shots" ...
it's a good one anyway. thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-10 21:38 by with sssoul.

Posted by: johnhenry ()
Date: August 10, 2007 16:10

When Keith says "I'll take three slaves with me" Does he mean: Tony Russell, Bill, and the Velour suit man Roy?

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: August 10, 2007 16:37

C'mon Keith, tell us how you really feel about Brian!

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: August 10, 2007 18:01

He hates him, that's pretty clear.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 10, 2007 18:27

Thanks thanks!!!A I want to buy it to case i heard it comes with a cd...is the cd any good?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 10, 2007 18:39

If there weren't a Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman, who put up with a hell of a lot, there wouldn't be a Keith Richards, God bless 'im.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: August 10, 2007 21:02

thanks Rockman !

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: August 10, 2007 21:21

He gives the best interviews. I like the bit about wanting to shoot Lennon himself.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 10, 2007 22:40

very nice read. great interview.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 10, 2007 23:32

thanks for posting this Rockman, looks good. Now I need to go get my Mojo

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 11, 2007 13:08

One of the top 10 interviews with Keith I have ever read. Cool one. Thanks Rocky.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 11, 2007 13:34

Thanks Rockman
I've been to several bookstores in my area and could not find this magazine anywhere

Posted by: KingBee ()
Date: August 11, 2007 13:36

boston2006 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Rockman
> I've been to several bookstores in my area and
> could not find this magazine anywhere

Yeah, that´s a problem sometimes. Go to the station next to you and ask at the International Press Stand

Good luck!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 11, 2007 15:34

As expected, Keith's words about Brian are causing some upset amongst OTT Brian Jones fans:

[www.voy.com]

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 11, 2007 15:40

This interview somehow reminds me off the Magazine ''High times'' the June 80 issue has a fun interview with Mick Jagger about drugs.

Date: August 11, 2007 15:41

KingBee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> boston2006 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks Rockman
> > I've been to several bookstores in my area and
> > could not find this magazine anywhere
>
> Yeah, that´s a problem sometimes. Go to the
> station next to you and ask at the International
> Press Stand
>
> Good luck!

They were just unwrapping issue # 165 at the local magazine store here yesterday.

Date: August 11, 2007 15:44

But STGAL....can't you get the import copy from somewhere...?????

ROCKMAN

Date: August 11, 2007 15:46

Mmmm... seen the most important bit, will pick it up later. Did you have to get an import, or are you guys a few time zones ahead in everything?

Date: August 11, 2007 15:46

Obviously, they are not taking this as a joke...:

<Brian Wants you to Know this -- Bernard Mc Dermott, 12:21:28 07/27/07 Fri (pool-162-84-239-57.ny5030.east.verizon.net/162.84.239.57)
Brian Jones wants you to know this. In 1965 The Rolling Stones began to give Brian so much acid that he would often freak out in the studio. In early 1967, During the making of "Their Satanic Majesties Request" which Brian actually wanted to be called either "Cosmic Christmas" or "Lets All Make Love in London Tonight", MIck found Keith alone with Brian, forcing a showdown when Mick said "Who is it going to be, Keith, me or Brian." Keith immediately said "You, Mick." Then Brian left the 2 of them in the studio, never wishing to return again. Then they began to turn eveybody in the Stones against Brian resulting in the most difficult time for Brian he ever had. When the album was complete, Brian took an overdose of amphetamine and had to be hospitalized for 3 weeks, during which time Mick invited Allen Klein to take over management of the Stones, with him as Klein's partner, resulting in an even worse time for Brian, who was now so weak he could barely speak. Then, during the making of the album which was to be called "Beggars Banquet" Brian took a trip with Keith and Anita to Morocco, where during an argument with Anita, he beat Anita, resulting in her leaving with Keith. When Brian Returned to London, after recording the Master musicians of Joujouka, he was only allowed to play recorder on "Jigsaw Puzzle" and was relegated to the maracas on "Sympathy for the Devil".So when the album was released Brian took another overdose, this time on Barbiturates and had to be hospitalized for a month. Upon Leaving the hospital, The Stones appeared with Brian in Public for the last time on the David Frost show in New York. Upon returing to London, Brian took up company with Suki Poitier who was very nice to Brian, although she could not do anything for him as his mental state was already so deteriorated with paranoia he had to take a leave from the Stones during the making of "Let it Bleed" where he was relegated to Maracas on "Midnight Rambler", a song he detested and to Autoharp on You Got The Silver" which Mick actually sang first.
Then on June 1, 1969, Brian signed a paper, agreeing to leave the Stones for 180,000 pounds which the Stones never gave to Brian as Allen Klein refused to pay Brian and the Stones agreed with him. Then on the night of Sunday, July 3, 1969, a man who was doing work on Brians cottage waited outside the cottage near the tool shed and waited till everyone had gone to bed. when Brian was strolling around his pool as it was a hot night and he couldn't sleep, this man attacked him with a shovel and threw him into the pool. this is all he remembers, unfortunately and will never forgive anybody for all the terrible things they did to him since 1965. Best wishes, Bernard Mc Dermott>

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 11, 2007 16:59

With all due respect to Mr. McDermott who's so very kind in relaying Brian's comments from the Great Beyond, I fear Mr. Jones' memory has grown faulty in death as TONITE LET'S ALL MAKE LOVE IN LONDON was not a working title for SATANIC MAJESTIES as any Pink Floyd or Peter Whitehead fan could tell you (not to mention a more knowledgeable Stones fan). I fear Brian has also forced himself to blot out the terrible memory of drowning and replaced it with an image of being attacked with a shovel.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 11, 2007 17:19

Good stuff...
Thanks again
Rockman

Cheers

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home