Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Whats next after final O2 show?
Posted by: brewcrew87 ()
Date: August 10, 2007 05:31

i see this as the last rolling stones show, aside from a few appearances here and there- i mean it cant last forever can it?

Re: Whats next after final O2 show?
Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: August 10, 2007 08:45

They will take a shorter break and then they will return - probably in 2008.... maybe a new CD. If it will be stadium, arena or smaller club shows is a good question.

From now on, they will not have long breaks in between - if they do, it will be very difficult to come back.

Like mentioned on TV, they are very much talking about continuing touring, that's their life - not their work. A painter, writer, sculpturer contiues working despite passing retirement age.

For an artist - it is not a matter of being 50, 60 or 70. If you like your job, you continue, if you don't you stop. Stones definetely like what they do and therefore they will contiue, even Charlie seems to have lighten up and wanting to go on - that's indeed a good sign.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: August 10, 2007 08:49

brewcrew87 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i see this as the last rolling stones show, aside
> from a few appearances here and there- i mean it
> cant last forever can it?

i think you answered your own question...

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 10, 2007 09:48

No, it won´t last forever, it could´nt last forever; but in my opinion it will last until somebody dies.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 10, 2007 10:36

We've being returning to gaze into this particular crystal ball quite a bit haven't we.
Lots of hopes valid theories have been expressed. Nobody can KNOW the answer.
But I suppose the current overiding impression may be that while ever they're still enjoying it and can do it...they will.
It's difficult for even the biggest cynic to dismiss how obviously they all[including Mr Watts] still love it.
Whether it's the pure love of it, simple enjoyment, an addiction to adulation or that they simply don't have anything better to do ! ...it's quite evident that they don't want to stop just yet. ;^)

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: August 11, 2007 13:55

A break for sure.

May be Mick does some things to promote his best of.

Next thing is the Shine A Light movie and what they will do for this.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: August 11, 2007 14:26

They will film a Movie called "LEAVE IT BE" which is suppose to document the recording of their next album, Play live on the roof of their business office around noon on a very chilly Feb. 2008 and then call it quits when Mick's Girl Friend has a bed brought into the studio so she can spend 24 hours a day at Mick's side while he works...it's gonna be nothin' but nasty and vicious crap for years to come.... Phil Spector will mix the album (to be called "GO BACK" but then switched to "LEAVE IT BE") cause the boys won't be able to deal with it (this is after he's found insane and commited at the end of his murder trial - he will mix the tapes on a digital mini mixing board from the insane asylum he's commited to)

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 11, 2007 14:40

HelterSkelter Wrote:
> They will film a Movie called "LEAVE IT BE" which
> is suppose to document the recording of their next
> album, Play live on the roof of their business
> office around noon on a very chilly Feb. 2008 and
> then call it quits when Mick's Girl Friend has a
> bed brought into the studio so she can spend 24
> hours a day at Mick's side while he works...it's
> gonna be nothin' but nasty and vicious crap for
> years to come.... Phil Spector will mix the album
> (to be called "GO BACK" but then switched to
> "LEAVE IT BE") cause the boys won't be able to
> deal with it (this is after he's found insane and
> commited at the end of his murder trial - he will
> mix the tapes on a digital mini mixing board from
> the insane asylum he's commited to)

LOL!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: August 11, 2007 16:30

the same they do these years , lets say they'll do another tour on 2009-2010 , maybe with an album or not , i dont mind if they change the setlist more often , this wont end until someone dies , thats the truth , i dont even know why making doubts about what will happen!

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 11, 2007 17:47

After this tour, it's over. The Stones will roll no mas.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 11, 2007 18:02

They will come back! For sure...

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: August 11, 2007 18:09

North American tour

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 11, 2007 18:23

Next is real life. Family. Friends. Real life. Playing A Bigger Bang. Watching DVD. Playing the Stones out of the record player. Memories from a great tour lasting for two years still counting. Real life.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 11, 2007 19:13

JumpinJeppeFlash Wrote:
> They will come back! For sure...

Couldn´t disagree more.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: August 11, 2007 19:45

funny how we are speculating when most probably even Stones dont know "whats next"!!!
there may be loose talk inside Stones camp about thisnthat, but nothing is signed and sealed so far. Im sure that Stones at this stage are not like communist party who plan five years ahead!!! they have to plan a certain time ahead for sure to organize things, but concerning future tours I dont believe that anything is signed and sealed right now.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: August 11, 2007 20:35

Remember Keef intends living till he's 150 (Mojo interview), so plenty more tours in the pipeline. Not quite sure what he will look like by the time the 2050 tour hits the road, though. Still, no need to go on the road by then...just play a gig and it can be beamed into our heads directly.

Lee

Date: August 11, 2007 20:43

I don't see anything happening for some time.
Theres no way they will be back with an album and tour in 2008.
I think some people forget they are over 60 years old. and i know it doesn't matter cuz Dylan and Willie Nelson and whoever is past 60,but they ain't no Stones. This band has been at it for some 40 years and the past 18 have been a whirlwind of tours etc.
While Mick may be young at heart, i see them taking a very long break (from The Stones anyway) This tour seems to have been rather tough on them went on longer than they had planned.
I had an awesome time seeing them on the Bigger Bang tour, and happy they are still around to play for us. I'm happy they are getting a very well deserved vacation.

Posted by: brainer ()
Date: August 11, 2007 21:06

A vacation of 6-9 month , is that not long enough ? If it's to hard to do the big shows they can play smaller venues ! If a band is free to do what they want ,it sure is them ! DGS

Date: August 11, 2007 21:58

I think 6-9 months is too short for them at this stage in their lives. I mean can they still really sell enough tickets to make it work so quick after this tour? WE think they can cuz there our favortie band. Bigger Bang wasn't like a best seller or anything. They seem to think they are indesructable. Every tour was bigger and more profiable than the last. But they have suprised me several times before. So we'll see, i guess.

i would love to see more smaller venues. when the 97 tour came along i kinda gave up on seeing them in arenas. Thank god for the no security tour, finally got to see them in an arena. I didn't get another one until this tour.
I really can't see them doing stadium tours anymore, but who knows?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-11 22:00 by Donkey Girl Scout.

Date: August 11, 2007 22:04

I didn't believe in ABB selling well,so i googled around and foundout it's a best seller.Got a platin record (200000+) , even in a critical market like Germany.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-11 22:06 by brainer.

Date: August 11, 2007 22:25

yea i guess thats not bad.
but i wonder how how many are new fans or did just every Stones fan buy the new album. and with the digital age here now, on a worldwide scale 2 million doesn't seem like a lot (i mean, for the biggest rock and roll band in the world I'm not putting down the band or anybody posting here. it's just me and my opinions)
Still i am very pround of this band.

Oh i found this too which some may find interresting. a list of how many sold in each country
US, Japan and (As you mentioned) Germany sold the most

Italy #1 +200,000
Argentina #1 +40,000
Netherlands #1 +70,000
Germany #1 +250,000
Swiss #1 +25,000
Sweden #1 +40,000
Denmark #1 +30,000
Canada #1 +100,000
Austria #1 +30,000
U.K #2 +120,000
Spain #2 +50,000
Czech Republic #2 +20,000
New Zealand #2 +20,000
Poland #2 +25,000
Norway #2 +25,000
France #3 +145,000
U.S #3 +1.000,000
Greece #3 +30,000
Belgium #3 +30,000
Australia #4 +35,000
Finland #4 +15,000
Japan #5 +130,000
Portugal #5 +15,000
Hungary #10 +15,000
Brazil #14 +70,000
Ireland #18 +10,000

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-11 22:37 by Donkey Girl Scout.

Posted by: Nelson ()
Date: August 11, 2007 22:27

If I tell you Ill get banned again

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 11, 2007 22:39

Considering the fact that for the first 5 months after its release the only countries the band played in were the US and Canada (and also considering the amount of money fans there were prepared to shell out for tickets), plus the fact that the promotional side of the album was almost exclusively targeted there, sales in those markets could and should have been better.

Date: August 11, 2007 22:44

Oh Gazza now you talk like Mr. Cohl.HAHA

Date: August 11, 2007 22:49

hmmm

ok let me ask this.

what do you think they could have done to sell more?
Or what did they not do?

Take a look at US billboard charts. who in the world is buying this junk. somebodys buying it, i don't know who. I bet nobody will own these records in only a few years time. It seems like there are no lasting music here in the US anymore. Maybe billboard charts ain't the place to look for good music,some of my fave new music is not on there. But you know what i mean

Date: August 11, 2007 23:00

DGS Will you please tell me the source for all these countries,i mean did you find them on one page ?

Date: August 11, 2007 23:19

yea it was

[en.wikipedia.org]

some people don't like wikipedia (cuz anyone can edit it)
but you can pretty much figure out whats wrong and whats right

Date: August 11, 2007 23:31

THANX DGS !It's a bigger seller than i thought.IN 2007 the young people do download so i don't know what they could do to increase sells.And your right:the charts are full of....

Date: August 11, 2007 23:39

your welcome

i'm considered an old man by todays standards (38)! But i love the downloading.
i jumped on that days after Napster showed up. i probably bought only a handful of CDs since then. I still buy the officals of my bands and 90% is D/Ling boots and live recordings that aren't available. Man, i remember buying boots months, or years, after the show was over for 30usd or more. this interent thing is heaven for me! i still can't believe you can D/L shows sometimes hours after the show is over!

Posted by: benon ()
Date: August 11, 2007 23:44

monkeyman07 Wrote:
> the same they do these years , lets say they'll do
> another tour on 2009-2010 , maybe with an album or
> not , i dont mind if they change the setlist more
> often , this wont end until someone dies , thats
> the truth , i dont even know why making doubts
> about what will happen!
Absolutely brilliant and obvious answer!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1388
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home