Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: New York City USA Stones travel advices
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 21, 2023 18:49

4 Staple St, New York, NY 10013 smiling smiley

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: July 22, 2023 02:53

Woody's in the Village

Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: July 22, 2023 04:56

Thanks guys! Leaving in the morning from Atlanta!

Re: Going to NYC need Stones advice on areas
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 22, 2023 06:32

spikenyc
VoodooLounge13
PaintMonkeyManBlack
VoodooLounge13
I would not take the subway these days. NYC is akin to the ‘70’s version of the city these days.
Is this for real ?

(Serious question from someone who has plans to visit NYC in the next years)

Yes, I was being serious. I wouldn't take the subway. The East Village should be OK. But generally, the city is not what it was and crime is rampant. Even in broad daylight at times. Homelessness has increased, assaults/muggings are high. I've talked to folks in the emergency services and they say it's far worse even than what's reported on the mainstream media outlets. I would definitely keep your wits about you.

I saw a post from steffalicia indicating that she's taken the subway of late. I've not been to the city since last February with my X, and all we did was a drive-by. With everything going on, neither of us felt safe parking and walking around. There were folks - tourists - there moving about. Still not to the levels in was pre-COVID, but it all looked and felt different. Haven't been back since.

In a few years' time it could be back - I doubt it. I think it's going to take a long, long time for the city to come back, but it will eventually turnaround again.

Gimme a break~!
You obvioulsy watch too much FOX news and take all their propaganda at word.
NYC is still a safe and wonderful place.
Yes there is crime and homelessness but that is in almost every big city in the USA.
The subways have gotten much better and you will notice a large police presence in most of the high volume stations.

"This towns in tatters, my brains been shattered"!!!

Yup that’s it. Let’s make it political. Cuz that’s not what’s wrong with this country already - all the damn decisiveness. Good lord. FYI - Kennedy Democrat, channel 12 news.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: July 22, 2023 14:53

Just back from NYC
Feel safe there even in the tube late at night, always lots of people including woman on their own.

Been to so Stones' locations, this one up there, St Marks place for the stairs and the club next-door and the new one in Tribeca (Staple street)

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: July 22, 2023 17:58

I take the subway all the time, you will be perfectly safe. Nowhere near the 70s in terms of crime. That area is safe to visit with family during the day! Enjoy your trip smileys with beer

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 23, 2023 00:18

VoodooLounge13
I would not take the subway these days. NYC is akin to the ‘70’s version of the city these days.

Come on. Just leaving NY and subways fine. Just know where you are going and where not to go. Subways in Manhattan are fine.

I would feel much safer in NY than lots of other cities where guns for prevalent. NYC you are less likely to have a gun put in your side than many other places. Now, I would advise staying away from churches, schools and malls in open carry states but that's me and I don't watch Fox News.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-23 00:23 by daspyknows.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: July 23, 2023 19:23

VoodooLounge13

Lmao...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 23, 2023 20:14

rockerparis
Just back from NYC
Feel safe there even in the tube late at night, always lots of people including woman on their own.

Been to so Stones' locations, this one up there, St Marks place for the stairs and the club next-door and the new one in Tribeca (Staple street)

You're lucky you didn't get clobbered for walking around with that red mask on.

Date: July 31, 2023 21:42

Hello

I am travelling to NY in a few days time. I will feel as a cow in a Data Center.

I have found this place in Mahattan: terrablues [www.terrablues.com]

Is there a code dress in this kind of places? Would they allow me if I am wearing the typical clothes of a tourist in summer?

Are there more places like that?

Thanks in advance.

(Btw In my country we usually have dinner at 21 or 22 PM...I am really surprised by the schedules in USA)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-07-31 21:45 by emotionalbarbecue.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: July 31, 2023 23:07

I (also from Alabama) have been to Manhattan three times in the last year and I didn't feel unsafe traveling alone or with another female friend. I've taken the subway alone plenty of times, both day and night. Some areas are safter than others, but just be cautious and aware. Same as any other city, have a good idea where you are going before you set out and keep your personal belongings like purses or bags close. If you need to stop and look up directions, duck into a store or cafe. I noticed a strong police presence around everything in Midtown, where most tourists are.

Goto Page: Previous123456789
Current Page: 9 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2451
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home