Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tix for Lausanne
Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: July 26, 2007 19:19

I see some bids on E bay.
Do you think it's safe to buy a ticket there?

Re: Tix for Lausanne
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 26, 2007 19:34

As long as it's 100 percent sure that all you need to get into the show is a Stones ticket, and not ALSO some kind of ID or card associated with this Migros store ... then I would say it's say it's as safe as buying anything else on E-bay in all probability.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: July 26, 2007 20:11

Thanks Paulywaul but the sellers don't have the tix in hand if i understand correctly.

Date: July 26, 2007 20:47

I've had a brief look on the Swiss ebay:

[search.ebay.ch]

but I can't really tell from the advertisements whether these people actually already have the tickets in hand or not ? I haven't as yet bid, I suppose the easiest thing to do is to "ask the seller a question" - if you're familiar with using e-bay yourself that is, and have an account.

But anyway, I would actually think that ON THE DAY outside the stadium there will be people selling them, and in the interest of BEING ABLE to sell them, they will be able to tell you whether it's ONLY the ticket you need or whether there's something else you need to show in order to be able to get into the stadium. Lets face it, it would be in their interest to tell you the truth; if they don't ... they won't sell their tickets. All you'd have to do is stand by the entrance and watch and look at what other people are showing as they get in. If it's ONLY the ticket and not some other form of ID or whatever, it would be reasonably safe to buy from people outside the stadium I would say. I haven't made up my mind as yet what I'm going to do, I'm kind of "thinking out loud" as it were !

Date: July 27, 2007 00:41

I am interrested in a ticket also, still don´t have one and would like to have it in my hands before I start my trip (as the ticket is also valid as a train ticket for trains in switzerland)

I called Migros recently, the company who did give away the tickets and they told me as long as you have the ticket in your hand it is everything you need to get in - but one never knows.........

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 27, 2007 03:13

ThroughTheLonelyNights Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am interrested in a ticket also, still don´t
> have one and would like to have it in my hands
> before I start my trip (as the ticket is also
> valid as a train ticket for trains in
> switzerland)
>
> I called Migros recently, the company who did give
> away the tickets and they told me as long as you
> have the ticket in your hand it is everything you
> need to get in - but one never knows.........

Correct, this agrees with the best information from Switzerland that i have been able to ascertain.

But a number of folks on eBay UK have plainly stated either in their ad or in e mails to me that they won't get the tickets til the end of July.

theplexiglass

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: July 27, 2007 09:46

Did anyone receive their tickets from Migros yet?
It is only two weeks to go...

sjouke

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: July 27, 2007 10:09

Hi sjouke. I did not get mine. Neither I know of anybody else who received those.
It is getting kind of late.

Posted by: azizahans ()
Date: July 27, 2007 10:48

Hi,

Migros confirmed me that the "parcel" is already on the way!
Regards
Hans

Posted by: paco ()
Date: July 27, 2007 11:37

There is a lot of tix on ricardo.ch,just have a look. Also a possiblity, but it's a lotery on migrosmagazine.ch. Good chance!

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: July 28, 2007 10:07

1.Is the Lausanne Ticket valid for trains in ALL OF Switzerland or just a certain canton?
2.Until when is it valid?

Date: July 28, 2007 10:51

Today tickets for Lausanne arrived... the ticket is valid for trains (2nd. class) in all of Switzerland from the 10th until the 12th. of August.

Sjouke

Date: July 28, 2007 11:06

Interesting ... if only for the fact that this ticket for seating appears to specify block and seat number. That would conflict with seating being "unreserved", Wonder how this works then ?

Hmmm ... more research required !!

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: July 28, 2007 13:27

I´ll do some more research also, but thank you for the time being!!

Date: July 28, 2007 14:53

Gerda Wrote:
> I´ll do some more research also, but thank you for
> the time being!!

That would be great. It would seem as if these Lausanne tickets are finally being sent out to people, so judging by the image of the one in this thread, seating is NOT "unreserved", it does in fact appear to be "allocated".

[www.iorr.org]

But what has confused me is the fact of ALL the tickets for seating on the Swiss E-bay, absolutely NONE of them have specified block/seat number. The only reason I can think of as to why that should be, is that those adverts were put up on E-bay BEFORE the people concerned had actually got the tickets in hand, so they would have been unable to quote the block/seat number at the time they put the tickets up for sale !!

What's now got me even MORE confused is that I just phoned the guy who is selling these (link below), he confirmed that the tickets were indeed in the process of being sent out (he thought his would arrive in two days), but he ALSO thought the seating was "unreserved" !!!

[cgi.ebay.ch]

So all in all ... F F F F f**k knows wot's goin' on !!! I guess the best thing to do is leave it a few days until it's pretty much sure that everyone will be in possession of their tickets, and THEN if you're interested in say the SEATS, simply ask the seller(s) whether it's "unreserved" or "allocated" ... cos the answer to that question ought to be staring them right in the face when they're lookin' at the ticket !

Date: July 28, 2007 15:36

When I got the letter that I won tickets, it was general mentioned "seating tickets" but no allocated number yet. So like you said, the people offering on Ebay didn't know either.

Today the real tickets were in the mail with apparent allocated seats.

sjouke

[www.lausanne-sport.ch]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-28 15:37 by Sjouke.

Date: July 28, 2007 15:44

Sjouke Wrote:
> When I got the letter that I won tickets, it was
> general mentioned "seating tickets" but no
> allocated number yet. So like you said, the people
> offering on Ebay didn't know either.
>
> Today the real tickets were in the mail with
> apparent allocated seats.
>
> sjouke
>
>
> [www.lausanne-sport.ch]

THANK YOU, that pretty much answers the question. It seems as if ONLY when the tickets arrive at peoples' homes will they find out (in the case of seats) what the block/seat number(s) is/are. Fair enough. Standing is obviously ... well standing I guess, as in general admission. I would imagine that perhaps what we will see over the next few days as people start receiving tickets is that some of the adverts on E-bay will be modified (in the case of seated tickets) to reflect what the precise location of the seat(s) is/are ?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: July 29, 2007 07:09

I do know that people receiving the Migros tickets got a letter in June telling them whether their tickets would be seated (sitzplatz) or standing (stehplatz).

I wanted to be on the pitch, so I bought 4 tickets off ebay today and that's all I needed to know as it is general admission.

However, there will be an FOS section "allocated" by the usual wristband process.

theplexiglass

Date: July 30, 2007 12:04

Here a seating plan of Stade de la Pontaise.
Thanks to Juan.

Date: July 30, 2007 13:21

Thank you thank you thank you thank you and ........... THANK YOU !! Have a large drink on me !!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 30, 2007 16:35

OK, there are some points I don't get here: please help!

1. Is the venue sold out?
2. Is the FOS section general admission? I understand it IS ga!

C

Date: July 30, 2007 17:25

Carlo,

On E-bay and ricardo.ch you find lots of tickets.
There probably is FOS, but not with special tickets, like Dübendorf ;-)

sjouke

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 30, 2007 17:26

Sjouke Wrote:
> Carlo,
>
> On E-bay and ricardo.ch you find lots of tickets.
> There probably is FOS, but not with special
> tickets, like Dübendorf ;-)
>
> sjouke

Thank you! If it is confirmed that it is general admission, I'll see you there!

C

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2125
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home