Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Crossroads - A Few Snapshots
Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: July 29, 2007 23:05

Here are a few pics from my favorite moments at Eric Clapton's incredible guitar festival.

Johnnie Winter - Highway 61 Revisited (EC in white cap takes a snapshot.)

Robert Cray, Jimmie Vaughn, Hubert Sumlin, (hidden in blue shirt) and B.B. King.
Clapton is in the background. - The Thrill is Gone

Willie Nelson with Vince Gill and Albert Lee (back to camera.) - Crazy

Jeff Beck - A Day In the Life

Clapton and his band featuring Derek Trucks

Robbie Robertson

Steve Winwood - In the Presence of the Lord

Can't Find My Way Home

Photos by Teafoe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-29 23:06 by 3DTeafoe.

Re: OT - Crossroads - A Few Snapshots
Posted by: King Snake ()
Date: July 29, 2007 23:09

Man would I haved loved to have been there!! Nice pictures, thank ya!!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 29, 2007 23:27

Ditto. I would have loved to have been there.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 29, 2007 23:32

BB King, Johnny Winter and Willie Nelson - I think those 3 have had the exact same look since they were born. Nice photos

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: July 29, 2007 23:40

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BB King, Johnny Winter and Willie Nelson - I think
> those 3 have had the exact same look since they
> were born. Nice photos

Not true of young Willie Nelson, check out this pic. Now we know why he changd his look and never went back!

"It wasn't my fault ... liquors drunkened me!" Homer Simpson

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 29, 2007 23:45

Oh yes that's true - well that's 40 years or so with Willie as we know him then

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 30, 2007 00:00

Great pics. Must have been a great show.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: July 30, 2007 04:07

3D-

I was there too.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 30, 2007 05:38

Thanks for the pics, 3D, I found out how long my camera battery lasts (to the middle of BB King's set!!) It was nice to meet you - please email re: London exhibit if you can.

Am at prehistoric terminal at O'Hare airport, where my flight is ... delayed again. Computer reminds me of the one Scotty tried to use in that Star Trek movie where they went to SanFrancisco... "How quaint" I believe was the expression.

But assuming I get home sometime next week, it was worth the trip!

Thanks to all who gave info about Chicago in general and blues music in particular, made the whole experience much more enjoyable - will absolutely have to come back here!

In no particular order, best concert memories and impressions:

Eric Clapton and Robbie Robertson doing Who Do You Love in tribute to Bo Diddley

Clapton paying tribute to George Harrison - "there are some people who can't be here..." before singing Isn't it a Pity. Lovely.

Derek Trucks and Johnny Winter singing Highway 61

Clapton and Buddy Guy doing a rude Hoochie Coochie Man - well, that was mostly Buddy, getting funky

BB King and a bunch of other guys (heatstroke had set in - have mercy!) singing The Thrill is gone, with Clapton watching and grinning off stage

Clapton and Steve Winwood, In the Presence of the Lord, Can't Find My Way Home and Crossroads

Jeff Beck's whole set, with a very young, very cute girl base player who duelled with him, challenged him, laughed with total joy and played a smokin' hot base and is apparently... his daughter!! You go, girl!

And for all you guys out there, Derek Trucks wife Susan Tadeschii came out in a short, slinky black dress with high, strappy sandals and played a blues duel with him, and sang, and blew the place apart. You would have needed a cigarette. I just know that I might as well give up and get a bassoon...

Best thing - the total joy and playfulness of all these musicians just being there, totally laid back. The worst thing? My hair after 12 hours in the sun wearing a hat. Very scary...

There will be a DVD - get it, hug it, squeeze it, play it loud!

Hoping to be home soon, I am temporarily...

SomeChicagoBabe!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 30, 2007 05:51

Hey STG. Maybe ya should start walking,you might get back sooner. But thanks for the review. Sounds like a great show. Seems like lots of highlights,but Clapton doing Isn't it a Pity was a nice touch. Billy Preston did a nice version of that at the George Harrison tribute concert.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 30, 2007 06:14

Thanks for the review STG and the pix 3DT !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-30 06:15 by schillid.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: July 30, 2007 06:30

Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, and Sonny Landreth
pose for photos.

Hope you made it home ok, STG.
It was lovely to meet you. A very nice surprise. It would be great to see you in London as well.
Don't you hate it when the batteries run out? (For that reason, I carry two now.)
Thanks for your thoughts on the concert. My sentiments exactly.

JJFr - Were you wearing a Stones t-shirt?

Photo by Teafoe.

Date: July 30, 2007 11:07

3DTeafoe wrote: Hope you made it home ok, STG. It was lovely to meet you. A very nice surprise. It would be great to see you in London as well. Don't you hate it when the batteries run out? (For that reason, I carry two now.) Thanks for your thoughts on the concert. My sentiments exactly.

Finally made it home... Couldn't open your pictures at the airport but - yeah - we pretty much picked the same highlights! From the looks of your pics I should have hung around with you and Angee - but spent my time lolling in the sun in the stands with a few trips out for water... Didn't see any reviews in the Chicago papers today, or hear much buzz on the street. Almost like it didn't happen, except for those of us who went! Usually manage my batteries better... will bring extra for London.

Date: July 30, 2007 17:35

Chicago Sun Times review...

[www.suntimes.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home