Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bad news. in Madrid
Posted by: stillife ()
Date: June 29, 2007 15:12

Two persons died while dismantling the stage in Madrid

[www.elpais.com]

Re: Bad news. in Madrid
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 29, 2007 15:14

Very bad news

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 29, 2007 15:17

Translation?

Date: June 29, 2007 15:17

horrible sad smiley

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 29, 2007 15:21

Horrible

translation by babelfish:

Two hurt deceaseds and two in the Calderón when they disassembled the scene of the Rolling
Them a metallic structure has fallen above from a height of 10 meters. - One of the wounded is serious and another slight one

F. MUDDY JAVIER - Madrid - 29/06/2007

Two workers have passed away and other two have been wounded, one of gravity and another slight one, in a labor accident registered this morning in the stage Vicente Calderón. The four workers were disassembling the scene of the Rolling Stones, who acted last night, when them a metallic structure has come above from a height of 10 meters.

The accident has taken place on the 13,00 hours when, for reasons that are desnonocen, the workers have been themselves surprised by the fall of a metallic structure of great dimensions from a height of 10 meters.

The disassembling of the gigantic scene of the Calderón requires three days and they transport 42 trucks, informs Isabel Lafont. They comprise central flanked by two towers of lights in form of spiral, 30 meters of wide stop, 100 of and other 30 of depth. In addition, there is a footbridge of 44 meters so that Mick Jagger and to his llegarran until the very same center of the turf of the stage at the moments nails of their performance.

Altogether, 115 people travel with the Stones. To them she adds herself, in each place where a concert is celebrated, another hundred of local workers, contracted through the promotional company in each country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-29 15:37 by open-g.

Date: June 29, 2007 15:24

Thanks for the translation.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 29, 2007 15:24

very sad

love & light indeed, and well-being & blessings for the injured

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-29 16:41 by with sssoul.

Date: June 29, 2007 15:30

"And is there permanent damage to the stage that could force more cancellations?"
I hope not.And as far as I know there is at least 3 stage isn't it? Pray for their families.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 29, 2007 16:20

Sad news....thoughts to all involved.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 29, 2007 16:21

This is so sad. I was in the stadium the day before the show and watched several guys with harnesses way up there working. It looked very brave and scary. I pray for the families and for the survival of the injured. Que vaya con dios.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: June 29, 2007 16:26

....dang........sad....

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: June 29, 2007 16:27

Very sad. But I've been back stage while they disassemble the stage. the guys who climb up to take the lights and amps down, had safety strings attatched to them. And when I saw that, I just thought GOOD, nobody's gonna get hurt, then. I was wrong. This is sad, and we all know the Stones feel really bad when some of their people are hurt. They have a history of taking care of people's medical axpences if they've been hurt while on tour with them. Let's hope the two injured people recover and will be ok. Love and light, like ms. ssssoul would say.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: June 29, 2007 16:33

Looks like the ones that died were attached with harnesses to the piece that fell.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: June 29, 2007 16:38

Sad.
Done a similar type of work for a considerable amount of time in the past.
No matter how skilled you and how much safety gear you have... it only takes 1 piece of bad luck.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 29, 2007 16:42

I knew someone would find my comments callous. I was only trying to find out what exactly fell, as the article wasn't too clear. If it was something like the screen or something, I wondered how fast it could be replaced is all. I thought they traveled with only 2 stages, is it up to 3 nowadays. I do feel really bad for the deceased and their families.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 29, 2007 16:51

very sad...

Date: June 29, 2007 16:58

[news.yahoo.com]

MADRID (Reuters) - Two workers died on Friday after part of the set from a Rolling Stones concert collapsed on top of them as they were dismantling it, emergency services said.

A third man was seriously injured after four people fell from a 10-metre (33 ft) structure that gave way as the team helped take it down after Thursday night's concert in Madrid.

Identities of the victims were not given, but about half the workers dismantling the set were English-speaking and traveling with the Rolling Stones tour, emergency services said.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 29, 2007 17:08

Oh my, this is awfull

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-29 17:17 by Rolling Hansie.

Posted by: Harlix ()
Date: June 29, 2007 17:10

Sad to read about sad smiley

It´s Only Rock´n Roll

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 29, 2007 17:19

a terrible tragedy . Godspeed

Date: June 29, 2007 19:38

One of the crew, who died, was a 44 year old dutch guy - and it was his birthday.
his colleague is from Spain.

so sad.

Nederlandse roadie gedood bij tour Rolling Stones in Spanje
Uitgegeven: 29 juni 2007 16:51
Laatst gewijzigd: 29 juni 2007 17:04

MADRID - Twee roadies bij de tournee van de Rolling Stones zijn vrijdag in Madrid om het leven gekomen toen zij het podium van de groep aan het afbouwen waren. Een van de slachtoffers zou een 44-jarige Nederlander zijn, zo meldde de krant El Mundo. Hij viel samen met een Spaanse collega tien meter naar beneden toen een deel van het podium door nog onbekende oorzaak instortte.
ANP

Twee opbouwmedewerkers raakten gewond bij het ongeval in het Vicente Calderon stadion, de thuisbasis van voetbalclub Atletico Madrid. Een van de gewonden is er ernstig aan toe.

International Herald Tribune Europe
[www.iht.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-29 20:19 by open-g.

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: June 29, 2007 19:47

Very sad news. I give a thought to family, friends and colleagues.

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: June 29, 2007 19:52

yikes. those poor people, how awful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: June 29, 2007 19:59

Say a prayer for the common foot soldier
Spare a thought for his back breaking work
Say a prayer for his wife and his children
Who burn the fires and who still till the earth

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: June 29, 2007 20:01

Terrible tragedy...

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 29, 2007 21:51

No-one should ever die at work. Accidents will happen but it is such a waste for someone to die because they are doing their work.

I trust and hope that the stones will look after the families and ensure that it never happens again. ALL accidents are avoidable.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 29, 2007 22:05

Such a tragedy for the workers and their families.

Healing beams to all still alive and involved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-29 22:05 by angee.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: June 29, 2007 22:52

I hate to hear this! So sorry for those peoples family!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Date: June 30, 2007 00:19

Bron : Het Nieuwsblad (online) * Belgium

[www.nieuwsblad.be]

MADRID - Twee technici zijn omgekomen en twee gewond geraakt toen zij bezig waren het podium af te breken waarop de Rolling Stones donderdagavond in het voetbalstadion Vicente Calderon in Madrid hadden opgetreden.

Drie mannen vielen tien meter naar beneden van een metalen constructie en kwamen bovenop de vierde man terecht, zei de politie. Een was op slag dood, de ander raakte bewusteloos en overleed ongeveer veertig minuten later.

Volgens voorlopige berichten van de politie waren bij het ongeluk een Nederlander en drie Spanjaarden betrokken. Degenen die omkwamen waren 38 en 44 jaar.

Een van de slachtoffers is de 44-jarige Nederlander Benno Goldewijk. Hij zou in dienst werken van Stageco. Het tweede slachtoffer is een 38-jarige Spanjaard die voor een onderaannemer werkte. Ze stortten tijdens de afbraak van het podium in het Vicente Calderonstadion van voetbalclub Atletico Madrid naar beneden van een hoogte van 10 meter. Er raakte ook minstens één arbeider zwaargewond. Een andere kon zich nog vastklampen aan een deel van het podium en kon gered worden door de brandweer. Volgens een eerste onderzoek ter plaatse zouden alle arbeiders zich aan de veiligheidsmaatregelen gehouden hebben. Op de hoofdzetel van Stageco in Tildonk kon vrijdag niemand meer details geven over het ongeval. Volgens El Mundo zou de oorzaak van het ongeval een menselijke fout zijn. Iemand zou een cruciale verankering van het podium hebben losgemaakt, waardoor de zaak instortte.

Bron : VRT (news Belgium)

[www.vrtnieuws.net]

Horrible,
love & light to their families and friends

Niels

? how about CARAMBA ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-30 00:26 by nielsfromvilvoorde.

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: June 30, 2007 00:24

very sad news indeed.

thoughts with the family.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2275
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home