Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Aerosmith: Marley Park '07
Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:17

Saw the band for the first time the other night, and I'm very impressed. The show was a whirlwind by Steven Tyler. He is simply the greatest live rock singer you'll ever have the privilege to see. They are an unbelievably tight band, much more so than the Stones. However the show was only 12 songs and barely an hour and a bit long. Although I prefer the Stones style and energy Mick and Keith could definitely learn a few lessons:

1.Mick, what are you saving your voice for? The final show? With regular training and practice you can deliver a vocal masterclass as well as your
flawless performance.

2.Keith, people pay a fortune to hear you play. It's your duty to show up
in a fit condition to do so. Less drinking and some guitar lessons could sort
you out.

Re: Aerosmith: Marley Park '07
Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:20

12 songs thats a disgrace.Tyler has learned all his moves from Mick.Nothing short of a tribute band.....

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:23

iamthedj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> However the show was only 12
> songs and barely an hour and a bit long.
> 1.Mick, what are you saving your voice for?

For the remaining 7 songs?

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:24

Definitely! And their look is a joke, after all the plastic surgery! I like them, but The Stones wrote the book, Aerosmith are just students.

And Mick blows Steven away big time, anyway!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:26

stargroover Wrote:
> 12 songs thats a disgrace.Tyler has learned all
> his moves from Mick.Nothing short of a tribute
> band.....

Then the stones are a tribute band to James Brown and Chuck Berry and you name it!

I'm going to see Aerosmith this Saturday in Holland. I'm really looking forward to it. From all the live stuff i heard they are really tight and rocking, awesome guitars awesome frontman. People like to think different but the stones Aerosmith are two different bands and they are hard to compare because the music is just to different, performance wise you can compare everybody to everybody but that's just useless.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:26

"He is simply the greatest live rock singer" ha-ha-ha it's a joke

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:28

It was 14 songs, but anyway waaay to short. A great band, different to The Stones, not comparable at all.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:41

1962 Wrote:
> "He is simply the greatest live rock singer"
> ha-ha-ha it's a joke

I'm just guessing a bit here but i think that iamthedj doesn't see jagger as rock singer like Tyler, the stones aren't really a rock band.

But if you want to compare them, tyler has more of a rock voice then Jagger where Jagger's voice is more a "beautifull" voice these days. In the seventies Jagger of course had one hell of a rock voice!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 29, 2007 12:31

This year was the 1st time I've been disapointed by Aerosmith ( saw them in 93 94 and 97)

Musically they are on top, but it is a too choreographed/american show, and the show is too short, not speaking about the choice of songs they play : Jaded, Don't Wanna Miss a Thing...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:19

iamthedj Wrote:
> Mick and
> Keith could definitely learn a few lessons:

One of the best jokes I have ever heard. Anyway it is a joke itself that it was invented to be serious...

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:39

Wuddy is right. I think Jagger is the greatest performer in the latter half of the 20th century. Truly jaw-dropping, and Tyler does'nt come close. I would'nt even compare the two bands music. Jagger/Richard are on another level compared to Tyler/Perry. However if you like loud American rock Aerosmith are still the best.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 29, 2007 13:46

saw them in Karlsruhe 1 day before the Stones Frankfurt gig. (kind of warm-up gig for the Frankfurt show for me) Was a bit dissappointed as - as usually - I compared them to a Stones gig. When I was in Frankfurt next day - however - I had to admitt (never though that this could happen) that Aerosmith was - due to the poor sound and Richards performance - by far better. ( (they weren't a sell-out in Karslruhe as well with around 6-7000 attendes)

got handtouch by Steven Taylor by the way (think me and the guy next to me were the only ones with that pleasure), additionally I got the drum-sticks. I would have been uncredibly happy if the same thing would have happened to me next day in Frankfurt with Mick and Charlie's sticks.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: June 29, 2007 16:43

The Aero boys are America's answer the the Stones. They rock hard but I still favor Mick & co.

Posted by: micklover ()
Date: June 29, 2007 17:16

i'm also going to see aerosmith in Holland tomorrow !!
i 've never seen them before and i'm looking forward to it

but the stones are the greatest !!
that can never change my mind....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home