Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 31
Re: Show a pic of yourself
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 25, 2007 11:18

i don't think the internet can just go find stuff off your hard drive. you have to post it on the net first. i got a photobucket account in order to post photos. it's easy...

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: June 25, 2007 11:27

I'll experiment when I have some time or maybe I can email it to someone and have them post it.

It's ironic, I have worked in the electronics field for the last fifteen years but don't know squat about computers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-25 11:29 by FrankM.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 25, 2007 11:32

(following is "Guy Talk", not for all to read)

You're gonna blow it Frank... Queenie's new Boy Friend, M.J. , is on a road trip right now so this would be a good time to "make a move".... you better make the photo thing work or it's gonna look bad......REALLY BAD......

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 25, 2007 11:38

FrankM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> little queenie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > upload it to photobucket and then copy and past
> > the img text in here
>
> I can't just click and drag it into the text box
> from "My Pictures"? I don't even have an account
> at photobucket.

You create one in two minutes,
even if you're slow. Promise. smiling smiley

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: June 25, 2007 11:38

lol her new boyfriend is M.J.? And she is from Chicago? Michael Jordan? Oh man that guy would squash me if I made a move.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 25, 2007 11:39

Michael JACKSON....

ROCKMAN

Date: June 25, 2007 11:50

HelterSkelter Wrote:
> (following is "Guy Talk", not for all to read)
>
> You're gonna blow it Frank... Queenie's new Boy
> Friend, M.J. , is on a road trip right now so this
> would be a good time to "make a move".... you
> better make the photo thing work or it's gonna
> look bad......REALLY BAD......

too funny!

Posted by: pay pay ()
Date: June 25, 2007 17:24

I know everyone is waiting for me to post a pic.....lol. Here I am, The Anti-christ himself,the biggest smartass the World has ever known,the reason babies cry and the sky rains. Now dong will know the face(that didn't sound too good) that he wants to slap.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-26 15:19 by pay pay.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 25, 2007 18:03

try this link - I'm in the 2nd picture down, playing a Strat.

[www.tiptopwebsite.com]

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: June 25, 2007 18:30

Let's try this again!

Elmo I took this one of you in Atlanta last year at the Shidoobee party!
Let me know if you want me to delete it!
Fred Hardin

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-25 18:37 by Fredluvzstones.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 25, 2007 18:31

Cool glasses Elmo !

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 25, 2007 18:34

Hey Fred, use these brackets.
it's AltGr to get hold of 'em

Date: June 25, 2007 18:38

Thanks Open-G!
Fred

Date: June 25, 2007 19:12

That's cool, Fred. Leave it up if you'd like.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Date: June 25, 2007 19:18

Hey, Fred, do you know who the Shidoobbeean in the picture is?

I met several nice folks there that day - JaggerFan1, drake, ohno, etc.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: June 25, 2007 19:24

Allright Queenie but i m in europe and you know i can t even post my pictures of the stones last year but timbernardis and i took some pictues together in Barcelona,he know s how to paste them,Theres a few on the internet thogh even from Frankfurt.Sorry lq i thought you were talking at me i see it s FrankM,sorry M

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-25 19:46 by stonesfrk.

Date: June 25, 2007 19:40

Elmo the lady in that shot with you was Gimme Lil Drink or Cathy.
Not sure about the people in the background!
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Date: June 25, 2007 19:41

here i am, at work:

*and i'm just like that bird - singing just for you*

Date: June 25, 2007 19:45

Elmo and anyone else intersted, here is a link to other pictures I took and posted from that party. There are a couple others not from that day also on there like my IORR Shirt design, my picture I posted on the bottom of page 2 of this thread and a Dudes tattoo of keith from th Durham Shidoobee party.
[s50.photobucket.com]?
Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: June 25, 2007 20:02

Here's a pic of Stonsfrk and Mick in Frankfurt
Tell me if you don't want it up, Frank.

Date: June 25, 2007 21:17

Fred, drake can be partially spotted in 2 of your crowd pictures.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: pay pay ()
Date: June 25, 2007 21:23

God, I can't believe that no one has made fun of my pic......maybe I'm not as funny looking as I thought!

Date: June 25, 2007 21:46

stonesfrk Wrote:
> Allright Queenie but i m in europe and you know i
> can t even post my pictures of the stones last
> year but timbernardis and i took some pictues
> together in Barcelona,he know s how to paste
> them,Theres a few on the internet thogh even from
> Frankfurt.Sorry lq i thought you were talking at
> me i see it s FrankM,sorry M

i want to see yours too, stonesfrk - nice to see you front row at frankfurt, btw!

Date: June 25, 2007 22:47

Elmo, I know but he is not shown well in either of them. I sent them to him last year but thay are not good ones! That Atlanta II was great show! I was lucky enought o score 8 4th row seats Ronnie's side at $99.00 each using legacy codes through the fan club! Great Night in Hotlanta!
Fred

Date: June 25, 2007 22:49

Pay Pay, I can't see it!
Fred

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: June 25, 2007 22:58

Mr & Mrs. Bingo

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 25, 2007 23:19

That's BINGO Bingo

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: June 25, 2007 23:54

And (hopefully) here is a pic taken at my favourite place - right at the rail , Ronnie's side!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 26, 2007 01:21

Me at my studio sometime last year.

Fred, Elmo, you guys rock. This thread has brought back so many awesome memories. Atlanta was my introduction to the Shidoobees but Louisville still blows them all away.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: June 26, 2007 01:37

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> Ah, please share a few thoughts on the show show,
> Logie...!

More than happy to oblige, Erik!

As unbelievable as it may sound today, the announcement of Bob Dylan’s six-night stint at London’s Earls Court Arena in June 1978, was heralded with a level of interest beyond that even, of the hysteria generated by Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones for their respective 1975 and 1976 week-long jaunts at the same venue.

There were several reasons for this sudden surge of Dylan mania in the UK; not least of all, the public’s newly acquired perception of Dylan as a resurgent artiste at the very peak of his creative powers, who, having already put out two classic albums in recent years, was about to come up with yet another, in Street Legal.

The decision to distribute all of the tickets by personal application at selected box offices around the UK was an attempt by the promoters at avoiding any repeat of the heated and sustained backlash that a disgruntled public had unleashed upon them following their introduction of a postal ballot for the Rolling Stones’ 1976 shows. Somewhat naively, I would also like to think that it was a means of rewarding genuine fans with a ticket, as well as ensuring for a much greater atmosphere at the venue itself. My own personal reward for standing in line for two days outside a Liverpool printing company, was a set of tickets, halfway back on the floor, for each of the 2nd and 6th shows, which were to be held on the 16th and 20th of June respectively.

My older brother, who had seen Dylan at the Liverpool Odeon back in 1966, came along to the first of these two shows, and had often reminded me of that night back in May 1966, when, before the crowd were admitted into the venue (a city centre cinema), the audience for the afternoon matinee of Sound of Music had to be ushered out first!

The three-hour train journey from Liverpool to London enabled me to catch up on a series of adorning first night reviews, which included a full-page report by Ray Connolly, a respected rock critic, which carried the headline, “Last Night Was the Greatest Concert I Have Ever Seen”; all of which added to the uncertainty, excitement and anticipation of what was to lie ahead..

Indeed, with the audiences not really knowing what to expect in terms of arrangements, there was an incredibly charged atmosphere within the venue for both nights, and if you get the chance to listen to the bootleg from the June 20th show (of which I have only a small section on MD), you will hear it loud and clear. As each song unfolds, there is applause at the first recognition of a familiar line, leading to a full-on rapturous ovation as it draws to a close. To this day, I find it somewhat difficult to objectively single out highlights from two such wonderful gigs, but the two new songs, ‘Senor’ and ‘Baby Stop Crying’ were absolutely brilliant, as were ‘Don’t think Twice’, ‘Just Like A Woman’ (with an amazing sax solo) and a soaring ‘Masters of War’. The poignant arrangements for ‘I Want You’ and ‘Tangled Up in Blue’ were also quite stunning, as well as being profoundly moving. Plenty of lighter and candle waving during ‘Forever Young’ moved the show towards a rousing finale, which involved the entire crowd joined together as one for a rapturous “Times They Are a Changing’ encore.

From a purely personal point of view, I found the arrangements of both ‘One More Cup of Coffee’ and ‘It’s Alright Ma’, to be somewhat overblown, and it’s fair to suggest that an acoustic number (or two) might have added more balance to the set as a whole. However, these are minor criticisms of what were more or less flawless performances.

Somewhat bizarrely, Dylan hinted towards the end of the set on the last night, that he would be seeing us all again in the near future, and followed this by saying that he was “thinking of moving up to Liverpool”. Precisely what he meant by this, I will never know, but it certainly fuelled the pages of the Liverpool Echo with all sorts of stories about him buying property, making an album, and performing at the local Empire Theatre! As things transpired, he came back to Blackbushe Aerodrome in Surrey, on July 15th, to play most of the Street Legal album (brilliantly, I might add) before what is still the largest crowd ever assembled in the UK (approx 250,000). On the inside of the Gatefold sleeve of Eric Clapton’s Backless album, there is a very good shot of the crowd taken from the back of the stage.

Unlike the music press in America, which had gotten the knives out for both Dylan and the Stones that year, their British counterparts (NME, Melody Maker and Sounds) went completely over the top, with page after page of detailed song-by-song analysis. The man could do no wrong.

It took just three short years for the tide to start turning against him.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 31

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home