Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Seeing Rod Stewart
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: June 14, 2007 05:28

Who's seen Rod Stewart in the UK this month and how was it? Does he live up to the newspaper reports.

Re: Seeing Rod Stewart
Posted by: Ron Wud ()
Date: June 14, 2007 11:36

Rod hasn't begun his UK dates yet. He's currently getting matromonily hitched in Italy.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 14, 2007 15:46

As far as I can tell, the real Rod Stewart hasn't been seen since the Spring of '75.

Posted by: DKsoulman ()
Date: June 14, 2007 18:48

Are you planing to see him? GO !!!!

Date: June 14, 2007 19:37

It promises to be over a 2 hour show, and back to an end of stadium stage after the "in the round" 5 month American stint.
Starting in Newcastle 25th June, Manchester 28th, Twickenham 30th, Ipswich 3rd July Glasgow 5th, Cardiff 7th and Coventry 9th july. Dublin x2 after that.
Its a stadium tour, and you could grab a cheapo ticket on ebay, theres lots of them on there, or take a punt on the day, I certainly wouldnt pay full price when theres a bargain to be had, and if youre only interested in a night out and a bit of curiosity, then either on ebay or outside on the day is the way forward. Get along, its a good show.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 14, 2007 19:53

From what observed from the US Arena shows is that he did not interact much with the audience. Sure there were 180 degree catwalks on 2 sides, but only used them a handful of times.

Most of the show was Rod singing on an elevated riser in the center of the stage like he was on the top of a Wedding cake.

I was surprised at his low energy.

Posted by: Ron Wud ()
Date: June 14, 2007 20:31

Like Dishevelment says, the "in the round" stage is history for the UK. Never seen a decent in the round show yet. So Rod will be back in the UK, with front facing stage and he always puts on a good show. You won't be disappointed. Get yourself to Hampden, then if you want interacting you'll get shed loads of it.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: June 14, 2007 21:51

I've got one Rod Stewart album - his debut album, and I love it. It has for example a great version of Street Fighting Man, and the excellent Blind Prayer (inspired by JJF?).

[en.wikipedia.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2163
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home