Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Seeing Rod Stewart
Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: June 14, 2007 05:28

Who's seen Rod Stewart in the UK this month and how was it? Does he live up to the newspaper reports.

Re: Seeing Rod Stewart
Posted by: Ron Wud ()
Date: June 14, 2007 11:36

Rod hasn't begun his UK dates yet. He's currently getting matromonily hitched in Italy.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 14, 2007 15:46

As far as I can tell, the real Rod Stewart hasn't been seen since the Spring of '75.

Posted by: DKsoulman ()
Date: June 14, 2007 18:48

Are you planing to see him? GO !!!!

Date: June 14, 2007 19:37

It promises to be over a 2 hour show, and back to an end of stadium stage after the "in the round" 5 month American stint.
Starting in Newcastle 25th June, Manchester 28th, Twickenham 30th, Ipswich 3rd July Glasgow 5th, Cardiff 7th and Coventry 9th july. Dublin x2 after that.
Its a stadium tour, and you could grab a cheapo ticket on ebay, theres lots of them on there, or take a punt on the day, I certainly wouldnt pay full price when theres a bargain to be had, and if youre only interested in a night out and a bit of curiosity, then either on ebay or outside on the day is the way forward. Get along, its a good show.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 14, 2007 19:53

From what observed from the US Arena shows is that he did not interact much with the audience. Sure there were 180 degree catwalks on 2 sides, but only used them a handful of times.

Most of the show was Rod singing on an elevated riser in the center of the stage like he was on the top of a Wedding cake.

I was surprised at his low energy.

Posted by: Ron Wud ()
Date: June 14, 2007 20:31

Like Dishevelment says, the "in the round" stage is history for the UK. Never seen a decent in the round show yet. So Rod will be back in the UK, with front facing stage and he always puts on a good show. You won't be disappointed. Get yourself to Hampden, then if you want interacting you'll get shed loads of it.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: June 14, 2007 21:51

I've got one Rod Stewart album - his debut album, and I love it. It has for example a great version of Street Fighting Man, and the excellent Blind Prayer (inspired by JJF?).

[en.wikipedia.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2416
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home