Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Lausanne (Switzerland) - WON 2 TICKETS TODAY!!!
Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: April 14, 2007 18:00

I cannot believe how lucky I was today... At one of the many Swiss Migros branches today, I won 2 tickets for the Lausanne gig! They had set up a computer inside the "food area" - where you could play some sort of a slot machine game. Everybody could play once, with three tries. And on my second try, three Rolling Stones tongues appeared on the screen - followed by: "CONGRATULATIONS - YOU WON 2 TICKETS"!!!

I got a written confirmation that I won, and they wrote down my name and address. On the confirmation, it says that I will receive my tickets in July by mail.

Has anyone else out there been successful today? If not, you can win some more tickets next weekend. Good luck to all you guys (and yes, mariannerl) and girls!!!

Re: Lausanne (Switzerland) - WON 2 TICKETS TODAY!!!
Posted by: gwen ()
Date: April 14, 2007 18:04

Congratulations, Bruce!

Date: April 14, 2007 18:07

Thank you so much, Gwen. Long time no see... I hope everything's alright with you. I'll get in touch with you by e-mail. Check your mailbox the next few days...

Greetings from Switzerland to France

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: April 14, 2007 18:26

No, no success so far... but from a friend who works at Migros she said that not many people are interested in the lottery. So, we'll see where all those tickets end up finally...

sjouke

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 14, 2007 20:32

well done Bruce! that's great, and great to hear too

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: April 14, 2007 20:52

Congratulations Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not win. Only 5 stickers. Schnüüfff

It's true not many people are interested. Most people are over 70 years old who played during the day. I guess not because of the price.. only to play...

I will try again next week. But ...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 14, 2007 21:57

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: millstone ()
Date: April 14, 2007 22:54

Concrattualions and succes again next week.
Hopefully the real fans get enough tickets for themselves and some for fans abroad (like me).
I surely don't hope on a concert with people just going only because the won a ticket.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 14, 2007 23:03

Congratulations Bruce!

Do you have to report the value of your winnings as taxable income? smiling smiley

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: April 14, 2007 23:05

hi bruce-
great news for you!! i'm the one you helped with the olympia gig...the good karma comes back to you!

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: April 15, 2007 00:23

My wife and myself have been to Seedammcenter Pfäffikon, Uster and Wetzikon
In Wetzikon we were close as the lady still had a pair of tickets just minutes before she left and she said we could have another try later on, but then another one scored the tickets. I had so far 2 x 5 stickers and my wife 1 x 5 stickers and she is in the online lottery. We have also about 5-10 cards full with stickers. Next weekend we will see in Rüti and Chur and in the Ticino.
This thing is nearly more heartburning than getting tickets via rs.com
Congrats Bruce.

Date: April 15, 2007 00:24

By the way at the Seedammcenter and in Wetzikon she had not much to do. She even had to apply to get people play.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 15, 2007 11:01

You're lucky Bruce. Have a great concert....

JumpingKentFlash

Date: April 15, 2007 12:21

lodge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By the way at the Seedammcenter and in Wetzikon
> she had not much to do. She even had to apply to
> get people play.

Same at Glattzentrum. When I arrived "the lady" was not there. 2 others (real fans) were waiting. They asked someone from the help desk and got told that "the lady" is out for a quick rest...... they waited over 1 hour!!!! I was lucky after 5 minutes she came back. But.. we were not real lucky...

Next week I try Migros City Zurich and Migros Zurich-Altstetten. Maybe Zurich Airport too. Like an idiot..... fool. But Bruce won.. maybe

Good luck lodge and sjouke.. .and all others.

Date: April 15, 2007 12:26

By the way. At migros you have to ask for the stickers, they don't hand out to the people without. And most people don't ask for them. My mother, my friends told me that people are usually not interested. I have the big hope that we all get our tickets. But.. who knows...

Date: April 15, 2007 14:09

Even at these places where you can win the tickets the ladies or men were waiting for someone who would like to play.
I think if we have enough people around us who help to get those stickers and who also attend the contest we will surely get in. ... and hopefully some of this forum too.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: April 16, 2007 02:17

Way to go !!!
Fred Hardin

Posted by: millstone ()
Date: April 17, 2007 19:11

Hay Bruce.
Did they tel you anything about the place you get for your ticket?
Field, front or back of the stadium
Is the field just seats like Germany or is it standing only.

Date: April 17, 2007 20:28

Millstone - I have no idea what kind of tickets they are. On the written confirmation I got, it says "Herzliche Gratulation! Sie haben 2 Tickets für das Rolling Stones Konzert vom 11. August 2007 in Lausanne gewonnen. Die Tickets werden Ihnen im Juli zugestellt." In English: "Congratulations! You won 2 tickets for the Rolling Stones concert on August 11, 2007 in Lausanne. The tickets will be sent to you in July."

The friendly lady who handed me the receipt at the MythenCenter in Ibach (SZ) did not know anything more. So I guess it's just waiting then... I'll let you know in July winking smiley...

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: April 17, 2007 20:30

Way to Go !!! Congratulations !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2253
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home