Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

la forum 11 july 75
Posted by: michel ()
Date: April 13, 2007 23:49

Just bought this dvd, its great, any storys opinions, thoughts on this?

Re: la forum 11 july 75
Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: April 14, 2007 00:10

This show was the second Stones performance of my life; happened on my Dad's birthday. I was 17 years old. What a great show. I went to three of the five shows in their Forum run that year.

I watched this show at the Museum of TV & Radio in Los Angeles a few years ago. It may still be archived there, and perhaps at the Museum of TV & Radio in NYC, too.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 14, 2007 00:41

My opinion is that it's one of the worst shows that I've heard from that tour. Why couldn't they have filmed the 1st or last show of the Los Angelos stand?
Whatever the reason, in my opinion its' not a good performance at all. This (video) was the first recording I had from the '75 tour for a long time and it really soured me on the '75 tour. I wondered how they could have been so good just 2 years earlier and then so bad in '75. But after aquiring many more '75 recordings, I now consider that July 11th to be about the worst out of about 17 shows that I have from that tour. I actually like those '75 shows alot now.

We just don't have much soundboard material available from that tour. Buffalo 6/15, Los Angelos 7/11 (taken from the film), and Detroit 7/28 are pretty well it, and of those three shows, none are complete and Los Angelos and Detroit are not very inspired performances. Buffalo is a rocking performance but only the first half of the show is available in soundboard quality.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: April 14, 2007 01:23

Is this the soundtrack to the DVD? I swear that was filmed Saturday the 12th July.

Posted by: voodoocat ()
Date: April 14, 2007 01:59

IMHO this shows is not that good. the best LA show was July 13th- check it out on Who went to church this sunday on HS

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: April 14, 2007 09:14

michel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just bought this dvd, its great, any storys
> opinions, thoughts on this?

.......yes, just enjoy the dvd,,,

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: April 14, 2007 11:12

Was there and just loved the show...No film could ever capture the Stones magic, is one of those "you have to be there" thing.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 14, 2007 11:21

The boot I have of July 13th concert is among my very favourites of their shows ever. The intensivity and energy easily matches with 72/73 heights. In fact, the band sounds a bit dirtier and even hotter than in the previous tours. I can not imagine how The Stones could soud better. Different maybe, more technical and tight, but not better. They roll smiling smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: April 14, 2007 13:23

Doxa Wrote:
> The boot I have of July 13th concert is among my
> very favourites of their shows ever. The
> intensivity and energy easily matches with 72/73
> heights. In fact, the band sounds a bit dirtier
> and even hotter than in the previous tours. I can
> not imagine how The Stones could soud better.
> Different maybe, more technical and tight, but not
> better. They roll smiling smiley
>
> - Doxa

Yup agree. Maybe their hottest show ever. The other could be Buafflo same year. Matched only by their best 72 and 73 shows. But dirtier in 75. Coolest era for the band. 75 and 77.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: April 14, 2007 13:59

I agree that the show on the 11th wasn't one of the best but there are shitloads of 1975 shows that are amazing! Even the worst 1975 show pisses on the current stones shows..

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 14, 2007 18:32

Paul Kersey Wrote:
> I agree that the show on the 11th wasn't one of
> the best but there are shitloads of 1975 shows
> that are amazing!

I agree and as I said in an earlier post, that video was the first recording that I had from the '75 tour and I couldn't believe how bad they sounded. After getting loads more '75 shows, I now really like that tour. The best '75 shows were every bit as good as their '72/'73 shows.

Check out Buffalo 6/15, Toronto 6/17, New York 6/22 & 6/27, Los Angelos 7/9 & 7/13, Seattle 7/18, Ft. Collins 7/20, Chicago 7/24 (F*CKING ROCKS!), and Jacksonville 8/2/75 for some good performances from the '75 tour.

Even the 2nd Baton Rouge show on 6/1 is pretty good. I don't have the first one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-14 18:33 by Tumblin_Dice_07.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 14, 2007 18:38

look at least its a complete pro shot from 75, i have the ganja version which is not perfect but very good, and this show has some great moments on it, i love these raw rockin versions of if you cant rock me and happy among others, wild horses is also a highlight

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-15 02:03 by melillo.

Posted by: tjkeef ()
Date: April 15, 2007 01:16

I still have the multi coloured bootleg album Ibought at Paradise Records on Hollywood Blvd,late 75 or early76,@#$%& great version of Angie!

Posted by: tjkeef ()
Date: April 15, 2007 01:30

If I remember correctlty , If you listen real carefully just before Angie ,you can hear someone in the crowd saying " I've always liked Keith the best" .On L.A.Friday night. Anybody hear the same thing?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 15, 2007 01:52

Went to the first and last night of the '75 LA Forum shows. The last night was just magical for some reason. Jagger even gave comps to the audience which is pretty rare. The July 11th show on Video just doesn't capture the greatness of those shows for some reason. It's better than nothing for sure but it's a shame they didn't Video Tape all 5 shows. Word was that the last show was gonna be the official Double live album from 1975 until they dropped the idea and put out the very uneven LOVE YOU LIVE a year or 2 later instead

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: April 15, 2007 03:16

Very ironic timing with this thread. I just got back my copy of this after 2 yrs and watched about 1/2 of it. Not the biggest fan of '75 (though WAY better than '76) but I really enjoyed watching this. Not as good as the Sunday show but pretty cool and one whole lot better than nothing.

Posted by: magenta ()
Date: April 15, 2007 08:25

Wow someone mentioned Lewin's Record Paradise on Hollywood Blvd. Back in the 60's it was almost the only place in town that had British import albums. I still have my Manfred Mann album and Aftermath from there. I didn't know that it was still opened that late in the 70's.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 15, 2007 10:38

Great stuff. It's a shame that even the best upgrade of the picture hasn't made it as good as it should be though. Cool show. I like the Abattoirs show a year later just as good too.

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1755
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home