Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Vienna 14.7.2006. - the worst RS concert
Posted by: Borna ()
Date: April 10, 2007 18:13

I have been there, and now I have cds... I think that this is concert with
the biggest number of mistakes. Only Start me up was played correctly, but the rest...

Re: Vienna 14.7.2006. - the worst RS concert
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 10, 2007 18:18

Every friends of my who were there said it was fantastic. Don't care with mistakes, anyway.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: April 10, 2007 18:22

Now this is kind of strange. People I know who attended that show (among others) said that Vienna was definitely the best show on the whole European tour 2006.....????

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: April 10, 2007 18:28

It wasn't the best, for sure, but i don't think it was the worst. Friends of mine, who were there, told me that the show was really good.

Posted by: pierkiroul... ()
Date: April 10, 2007 18:28

I'm not agree, I were in Vienna, and people were bad. They were on their seat and didn't sing with Mick, even for Let's spend the night... For me Vienna wasn't the best show...

Re: Vienna 14.7.2006
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 10, 2007 18:32

i was there and it was freakin beautiful

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: April 10, 2007 18:33

Band's performance and crowd's response are different factors. Borna talked about the performance...

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: April 10, 2007 18:34

Actually IMO they rocked!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 10, 2007 18:37

I disagree. It was perhaps not the perfect concert, but a very good one, in my opinion! It was also one of the few shows that got 6 ABB songs, as far as I remember. Certainly not their worst, for me one of the best I attented!
About the boring audience - Your own fault if you sit somewhere on a the tribune! But yeah, Austria is not Brazil winking smiley

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: April 10, 2007 18:40

for me it was great to be at the rolling stones concert, and to see them again, and all mistakes that I heard on stadion were funny and ok, like moment when mick forgotted to start ONNYA, and he told to everyone "I'll start from the begining", but I'm talking about guitar playing, maybe it was because of the sweeaty and wet hands, but just too many ugly mistakes. I make difference between funny and symphatic mistakes, they are welcome, and those ugly, the REAL mistakes.

Date: April 10, 2007 18:42

>> IMO they rocked! <<

you bet they did honey! (and Borna, the guitars sounded freakin *great* - i'm sorry for you, i really am!)

by the way, are people generally aware that the concept that playing "correctly" in concert is desireable
is a very recent one? i forget who it was, but some classical pianist in the 20th century
stunned all the reviewers at a concert by playing the music just as it was written - a hitherto unheard of thing.
isn't that interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-10 18:44 by with sssoul.

Date: April 10, 2007 18:44

Yeah, I remember there were a couple of mistakes. But it was the 2nd European show, they needed some time to get songs right. For example Streets Of Love still had Keith on electric (I think?) - he luckily changed to acoustic for the next shows. Mick came in late for ONNYA, that's true. But apart from those two things, I didn't hear more mistakes than on any other Stones show. Certainly not so many that it could spoil the fun! I don't have the bootleg handy now, but I listened to it a couple of times after the show and it is not as bad as you say.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: April 10, 2007 18:48

he missed jjf riff, only rock 'n' roll many wrong notes, they don't know what to play in LSTNT ; rain fall down...

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: April 10, 2007 18:52

Borna, how've you been lately? Its been a while since we last talked, I just wanted to see how you were feeling about things since last I heard from you.

Hope you're doing well - say hello to the family for me.

Date: April 10, 2007 18:57

I'm ok, thanks. I'm just listening the Vienna cd. Who are you?

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: April 10, 2007 19:09

Oh, well we had a conversation about a year ago - you were having some lady troubles and I offered some advice. Then I tried to make you feel better about the whole "this new leg of the tour is going to stink" thing that you were worried about. I didn't expect you to remember me. I'm actually regional manager at a midsize paper supply company in the east. My name is Michael.

But you seem to have fully recovered from what was bothering you, so that's good!

Date: April 10, 2007 19:22

yeah and Mick kept repeating the same bits of She's So Cold over and over until even Keith shook a finger at him
- "it's got more words than that, now get it together boy!" :E
and Ronnie and Keith made such beautiful fun of SOL, leaning their heads together dolefully goin ai-ai-ai-ai
and Mick dropped his pick during Miss You and the guitarists had to improvise
and they stretched out HTW but it still wasn't long enough to get all the way back to the main stage
and the inflated tongue got stuck and was wiggling around wildly through most of Sympathy
while the techies struggled to wrestle it to the ground -

and did you hear that dirty dirty IORR? and how As Tears Go By glimmered so pretty -
and Night Time with TWO restarts?! and how great and strong Keith's set sounded -
and SMU! chunka chunka chunka chunka chunka!
and Charlie and the guitarists hunkered down in the engine room on Paint It Black, workin workin workin -
ohhh MY that was ferocious! ohh and remember - before Satisfaction something took Keith a long time
and the Mick was doin his "everybody say OW" lookin over his shouder to see how much longer he had to keep this up -
he got tired of OW so he changed it to "everybody say oh yeah" and i bet the next one would've been
"everybody say what the fvck" :E but Keith came roaring out and slammed into the long long long version
with the beautiful trainwreck ending where Keith is ripping the innards out of the music
and flinging 'em all over the place - ohhh it was ~*beautiful!*~
it was the Rolling Stones.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-11 16:46 by with sssoul.

Posted by: glimmer twin 81 ()
Date: April 10, 2007 19:30

bla bla bla
it has been a wonderful night

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 10, 2007 19:40

glimmer twin 81 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bla bla bla
> it has been a wonderful night

whats that: 'bla bla bla' ?
a very arrogant comment on other peoples serious discussion about Vienna show!!! how come you always come through in such an agressive way? grow up and learn how to behave!

Date: April 10, 2007 19:43

the topic worst RS.concert is bullshit bigtime
dont forget keith's been in coma a few weeks
before the show and it has been played very well

so alimente
yada yada yada

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: April 10, 2007 19:52

Glimmer: although I'll back you up on your argument about keith and the fact that you will certainly have had a great night, as is confirmed by many others: the blablabla and yadayadayada build a wall between you and the thread. It makes it impossible to start a discussion, to talk about opinions. That is the worst part: it makes it impossible to talk.

Maybe you should think about what you want here: just make statements, or take part in discussions...

Jelle

Date: April 10, 2007 19:57

It was a fantastic experience in any case. I was there with about 10 friends from uni, etc. and we were right next to the b-stage. It was a riot - Ronnie saw that my brother wore a " ronnie and fiends" event tshirt and threw at least 10 picks in his direction. I got that on video, looks funny grinning smiley

Date: April 10, 2007 19:58

i liked the rain before the show

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: April 10, 2007 19:58

I used to stick up for glimmer 81, but he makes it very, very difficult for me.

Date: April 10, 2007 20:01

it is just useless to post worst show
have ya seen all abb shows or what????

Date: April 10, 2007 20:15

I'm talking about number of mistakes in one show. I was there, and I'm listening a very good recording of the concert, so I think that I could be more objective than someone who drink a few beers before show and "had a great time and great party" there.

Posted by: PeterM ()
Date: April 10, 2007 20:17

I had bought tickets for the Frankfurt show for the same original date and thankfully was able to change my flights to Vienna (at considerable cost!).I had been lucky enough to be at MSG on 20th January and i thought nothing could top that but Vienna was great. I brought my 17 year old son for his first RS concert experience and he loved it.So what if there were a few bum notes here and there, that's surely part of the Stones charm! We had FOS standing tickets which got us very close to the band and at 113 euro each were the best value tickets i bought last year particularly compared to the pitch seating tickets for Glasgow at 150 pounds a throw! Also remember the band played 21 songs that night which is the most they played at any 2006 european show, I think. So despite any flaws Vienna remains one of my most memorable Stones shows.

Date: April 10, 2007 20:17

i do not drink beer
and i think it was not worse or better than
most of their shows
pretty average performance

Date: April 10, 2007 20:18

sorry Jumpin Jack Fresh, but you messed me with some other person- I't is not possible for male man to have lady troubles, and I think that we have never talked. sorry. It wasn't me.

Date: April 10, 2007 20:31

smile: i didn't have any beer before the show, and i also have a good bootleg of it.
it was a freakin fine show - you're outvoted, Borna! so stop counting the mistakes and enjoy it -
that's what it's for.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1822
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home