Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT: Wal-Mart
Posted by: Steven ()
Date: March 2, 2007 23:16

Those who buy at Walmart and have money left to buy Stones tix might disagree. How many Chinese could afford Stones tickets?

Maybe we should stop buying cheap foriegn oil and start drilling in Alaska to create American jobs? If they were union jobs would you be happy? Why are you so selective in your outrage of what we buy from overseas?

Is a worldwide economy really so hard to understand?

Posted by: keefkid ()
Date: March 2, 2007 23:28

RadioMarv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wal-Mart are the evil empire
>
>
> avoid at all costs
>
> if your Stones gear comes from Wal-Mart... get out
> to a show or an indpendant record store and get
> some good stuff cuz buying a Stones shirt from
> this corprate turd of a company is LAME

well.. some of the Stones tees they sell at Walmart are the EXACT SAME SHIRTS they sell at rs.com ... for 1/3 of the price

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: March 2, 2007 23:35

KSIE Wrote:
>
> "Wal-Mart's response to Katrina -- an unrivaled
> $20 million in cash donations, 1,500 truckloads of
> free merchandise, food for 100,000 meals and the
> promise of a job for every one of its displaced
> workers"
>
> all this despite 126 of their stores being closed
> by the storm.

Um, a little more research would help. The 5 owners of WAL MART (the Kids)

10th richest man on earth - S Robson Walton - Worth 18 + BILLION

11th Richest man on earth - Jim Walton - Worth 18 + BILLION
11th " " " " - John Walton - Worth 18+ BILLION

13th richest person on the planet - Alice Walton - worth 18 BILLION
13th " " " " - Helen Walton - worth 18 BILLION

TOTAL ------------------------------------- TOTAL WORTH $ 90 BILLION

They Donated 20 MILLION? Lets see 1000 Million = 1 BILLION. 90 Billion x 1000 million equals 90,000 MILLION dollars and they gave 20 million? This is making my head spin. So, if you had $100,000.00 and pulled out $20 how much of a dent would that be? 0.00000000000000009% or something? WOW GENEROUS group of people. They probably make 20 million in the time it takes Helen, at 85 yrs old, to fart.Someone wanna do the math , the perchentage that this geneous group of caring people gave away? 20 Million to them is a penny to us, if that - don't buy the hype !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-02 23:38 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: aslecs ()
Date: March 2, 2007 23:36

How much did GM, Apple, M-Soft, IBM, etc etc give?

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: March 2, 2007 23:40

The American Auto Companies did not have to agree to the deals with the union. Plus, like someone else said, they make crappy cars and this is what happens (bankrupcy). Crushing the unions was another way to help the distribution of wealth in the U.S.; aka:no health care, minimum wage.

Union thugs- that is the old days. Anyone can walk into a Walmart, buy a gun and be a thug- oh yeah, a whole other problem (that Walmart contributes to). Have you heard Sheryl Crows song about Walmart (ohoh- I maybe opening even another issue).

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()

I see aslec...so I am a liberal b/c I stand up to you for being a bigot. What other races, religions and people from a particular country do you hate? Show us your full racist soul...after all...you got it from your parents I am sure.

P.S. I am not a liberal...some of us non-liberals also hate racist scum.

Their stores WEREN'T FLOODED OUT !!! You are SO LAME, don't understand Sh*t !!!

Date: March 2, 2007 23:42

I don't even know what the topic is anymore...but I do see aslec came right out & proclaimed he is a bigot...at least that is clear for us all from here on out on any subject.

Date: March 2, 2007 23:43

What raciscm?

Date: March 2, 2007 23:45

Hey asslixs, is your dad also your bother? I'm sensing some in breeding brain damage here.....

Date: March 2, 2007 23:47

Hey HeltSkelt, are you upset because someone disagrees with you? Poor girl!

Date: March 2, 2007 23:52

If you ONLY had any knowledge AT ALL but it's like kicking a paralysed, blind dog, I mean it's just brutal.....

Date: March 2, 2007 23:54

Liberal defined: Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

Tolerant?

Date: March 2, 2007 23:59

Hey, it just hit me, what you doing over here Patriot Man, how comes you no be in Iraqi fightin that there war on terror 200,000 terrorists dead, only 20 trillion more to go - War on Terror, what a joke.... Hey, let's have a war on clouds - same mentality.....

Date: March 3, 2007 00:00

So tired. So bored... Oh, I see there is a sale at Walmart. I am so there!!

Date: March 3, 2007 00:14

BIGOT

Date: March 3, 2007 00:14

BIGOT

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: March 3, 2007 00:33

"Union thugs- that is the old days."

Bahahahahahaha!!!

Go tell that to my buddy who worked for the Detroit Free press and when he tried to cross the picket line got beat down and his tires slashed.

Oh...and go tell the auto companies what happens if they don't go with a union up in Detroit. Go ask Car Max what happened to them up there. Go tell the Congressmen in Michigan who passed laws that MADE the auto companies use have to use Unions. Go tell me when I was pressured, as a former teacher, to vote a certain way.

Date: March 3, 2007 01:10

I hear you...unions suck...worker's rights suck...benefits suck...working wages suck...why don't we just cut to it...employers are Gods & the employees are scum that are lucky to have a job! God Bless Capitalism...everyone but the elite sucks!

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: March 3, 2007 01:50

HelterSkelter Wrote:
> Um, a little more research would help. The 5
> owners of WAL MART (the Kids)
>
> 10th richest man on earth - S Robson Walton -
> Worth 18 + BILLION
>
> 11th Richest man on earth - Jim Walton - Worth 18
> + BILLION
> 11th " " " " - John Walton - Worth
> 18+ BILLION
>
> 13th richest person on the planet - Alice Walton -
> worth 18 BILLION
> 13th " " " " - Helen Walton -
> worth 18 BILLION
>
> TOTAL ------------------------------------- TOTAL
> WORTH $ 90 BILLION
>
> They Donated 20 MILLION? Lets see 1000 Million = 1
> BILLION. 90 Billion x 1000 million equals 90,000
> MILLION dollars and they gave 20 million? This is
> making my head spin. So, if you had $100,000.00
> and pulled out $20 how much of a dent would that
> be? 0.00000000000000009% or something? WOW
> GENEROUS group of people. They probably make 20
> million in the time it takes Helen, at 85 yrs old,
> to fart.Someone wanna do the math , the
> perchentage that this geneous group of caring
> people gave away? 20 Million to them is a penny to
> us, if that - don't buy the hype !!!

So? 20 million is still a lot of money. They are under no obligation to give up a certain portion of their fortune based on how large it is.

To tell you the truth, I have no sympathy for Ma & Pa stores. I am not about to spend more money than necessary or limit my options just to help out a certain business. Money is a scarce thing these days and whichever store has the best offers will be the one who gets the customers.

Date: March 3, 2007 02:08

It isn't sympathy...but I understand your mistaken view...many people do not understand they complexities of economics. Basically though...your view of "whichever store has the best offers will be the one who gets the customers" means that you will end up with almost no choices (economies of scale), end up working for one of the few "stores" and get fewer benefits & less pay (since they're smart enough to know once you help them be the only game in town...there won't be anywhere for you to go that is better). If you want to know why "money is a scarce thing these days"...it's b/c people have a similar view to yours. Besides...money isn't scarce...there is a ton of it...it's only that very few people have almost all of it.

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: March 3, 2007 02:17

Well, the heck with Wal-Mart...what about popcorn?

[mymoratorium.wordpress.com]

lol

Date: March 3, 2007 04:08

RACISTS!!!! BIGOTS!!!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: March 3, 2007 04:10

I just avoid Wal-Mart. I prefer the THe Stones merch at Target ...lol

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: March 3, 2007 05:02

aslecs Wrote:
> And I quote..."you're a disgrace as a human being.
> "
>
> Another nasty attack by a liberal..
>
> Must be the kind that could give it out but
> couldn't take it.
>
> Probably the kind who threw water ballons off the
> roof and then ran and hid.
>
>
> Hee hee

Face it dude, you're a redneck. Maybe you should post on the Alabama message board. BTW.. Burn any books lately? Clowns like this make me ashamed to live in the US..

Date: March 3, 2007 05:28

ashamed to live in the USA? why not move to the lovely france where you can get free healthcare (and wait 6 months to schedule an MRI)

you no nada about me; where I live; my background, etc.

I repeat: The liberals are happy and fine until someone DARES to disagree. (The weird think is you happy fols get sooooooooooooooo riled up when you hear a voice with a different view. Why is that? Quite odd??!!!)

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: March 3, 2007 05:49

I have avoided this topic like a plague for sometime just watching the ridiculous banter amongst its posters, but i feel as though I must now respond, after thinking and considering certain things.
First off, I dont shop at Wal-Mart. Like several other people have said, most of their stuff is crap, but it mainly is because of my convictions. If i desperatly need something, Ill go there, but only as a last resort.
When employees are required to purchase their own company uniforms, stand on their feet for 8-12 hours a day with no overtime, and create a living out of this job, the least the company could do is offer some sort of health care. The argument "go and get your own health care" doesnt hold up, the United States sadly doesnt have a universal health care system (although a recent poll revealed a majority of americans wish it did).
As a counterexample to Wal-Mart, I work for a unionized company that provides the required uniforms for its employees (free of charge), health care to all employees (regardless of whether they are part time or full time) and overtime for any part time employees that work more than five hours and full time employees over 8. Add to this fact that as a part time employee I make ten dollars an hour (not bad for a student).
So whats wrong with wanting to unionize Wal-Mart? These people deserve the same benefits and opportunities that an employee like myself gets. Its not as if Wal-Mart is a small company. Some people work there out of choice, but there are also those that work out of neccasity for a paycheck. These are hardworking people who deserve more than a slightly minumum wage, and no benefits.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: March 3, 2007 06:05

well put Happy Jack

i think that should hopefully end the thread...different opinions have been heard..passionate arguments made...

this is something people feel strongly about..

sometimes i think its the red areas vs blue areas argument all over again.. there are two americas that live very differently... certainly to people in big cities like new york or dc walmart is horrible... but to people in more suburban/rural communities say around the space coast in florida or the south walmart is looked upon as a positive... towns sprout up around walmarts... i'm thinking of viera, florida in particular... at the beginning it was just a housing development with a highway exit on 95 and a walmart..today its a bustling huge place....its just not where i could live..

two different ways of living..

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 3, 2007 06:06

People, People, brothers and sisters, come on now that means everbody just cool out. Everybody be cool now alright!

Who fighting and what for? Why are we fighting? We don't want to fight come on.

A little advice from Altamont 69.

For real man thats why BV won't allow these discussions. Lets argue, state our cases and agree and disagree. I love these topics but when the name calling and acrimonies start flying the thread gets killed. Lots of passion and great conversation on both sides. Keep it cool.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 3, 2007 06:41

Since you brought up Katrina and donations, it really doesn't matter who gives what because somehow someway bureaucracy will manage to gobble most of it up.

With all the millions of cash donations ordinary people sent in, that place still is a wreck. And lets not forget the Mississippi Gulf Coast either. Build some damn homes for those people.

How convienient for the insurance companies to find ways of getting out of paying claims for those residents who lost everything. Again the common man and families lose. That is what people should be pissed about.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home