Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What are chances of Page and or Plant touring US in 2007?
Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: February 23, 2007 10:52

I think the main reason for not letting JPJ in was that they didn´t want the tour be a Led Zeppelin reunion. They had recorded some new material and they did the unplugged concert and an album as Page & Plant so they just wanted to keep it that way. With JPJ on board it would have been a totally different thing. I saw Page & Plant in 1995 and it was a brilliant show, much more relaxed and happy than it would have been if they had toured as Led Zeppelin.
Maybe JPJ took it as an insult, but I don´t think he bothered that much about it.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: February 23, 2007 12:17

Hairball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was indeed an insult to John Paul Jones!
> I don't understand why they didn't let him in...

because they didn't want to ?

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: February 24, 2007 04:30

Hairball Wrote:
> Svartmer Wrote:
> > Then why did they tour in 1995-96?
>
>
>
> They didn't call themselves Led Zeppelin...it was
> "Plant/Page".

and they re-worked the Zeppelin tunes...with Egyptian musicians...in '98 they became a Zeppelin Tribute...and Plant walked out.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: February 24, 2007 05:02

I very much doubt it, Plant as always is the resisting party. I know the other two are up for it.

SD

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 24, 2007 05:03

I remember seeing a video clip of an interview with Plant making a disparaging remark about Jones working with Herman's Hermits early in Jones' career. I think this was around the time of Zeppelin's induction in the Rock Hall.

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: February 24, 2007 22:01

I heard Led Zeppelin will tour this summer.. I don't understand why Robert plant won't want to tour, Jason Bonham is John Bonham's blood why not tour you still have a Bonham in the band, unless Plant's vocals are shot, and can't hit the notes anymore. Oh yes the ticket prices would be higher than the Stones if the tour happened. It would be cool to see the Zep fly again with a new album to tour behind to.

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: February 24, 2007 22:04

drummer_dude Wrote:
> I heard Led Zeppelin will tour this summer.. I
> don't understand why Robert plant won't want to
> tour, Jason Bonham is John Bonham's blood why not
> tour you still have a Bonham in the band, unless
> Plant's vocals are shot, and can't hit the notes
> anymore. Oh yes the ticket prices would be higher
> than the Stones if the tour happened. It would be
> cool to see the Zep fly again with a new album to
> tour behind to.

The rumor that hit last month was nothing more than a re-print of a five-year old bogus rumor. The amount of years since their break-up, and the age of the musicians weren't even adjusted for 2007!

It will never happen. Plant will NOT do it. Not as Led Zeppelin with no John Bonham. Ever.

There is a Honeydrippers tour this year, though.

Date: February 24, 2007 22:31

drummer_dude Wrote:
> I heard Led Zeppelin will tour this summer.. I
> don't understand why Robert plant won't want to
> tour

how hard is it to understand ???

HE DOESN'T WANT TOO!

simple as that. he knows it'd be just for the money and has no need to cheapen himself by doing it. he's perfectly happy with his solo career

not everybody buckles at the dollar sign!

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: February 24, 2007 22:32

Plant has my repsect in truckloads for this.
He's maintained his integrity and dignity almost spotlessly in my opinion.

Posted by: keef_nerd ()
Date: February 24, 2007 23:16

ROBERT PLANT SAYS THAT HE AND JIMMY PAGE ARE OUT OF TOUCH

Robert Plant says that, although there's no bad blood between him and Led Zeppelin co-founder Jimmy Page, the two have fallen out of touch. Plant spoke to Britain's Mojo magazine, who asked him if the he and Page, who co-wrote most of the band's most popular material, are still in contact. Plant said, "No. I'd like to talk to him but I never do. Lives change. The unfortunate thing is that whenever John (Paul Jones), Jimmy and myself meet up, the points of reference are always about the past. If there wasn't any previous triumph then we probably wouldn't be in touch."

We asked Plant why he hasn't been gung-ho for a full scale Led Zeppelin reunion: "It's not that I've been obstructive. It's just that it meant what it meant when it meant it, and beyond that there was no story, and with John's (Bonham) passing and all that stuff, it was gone. There's no need for it."

Led Zeppelin's drummer John Bonham died on September 25th, 1980. On December 4th, 1980, the band announced that they had broken up.

Since disbanding, the Plant, Page and Jones have reformed live three times as Led Zeppelin; On July 13th, 1985 at Live Aid in Philadelphia with Tony Thompson and Phil Collins on drums; on May 18th, 1988 at the Atlantic Records' 40th anniversary concert at New York's Madison Square Garden with John Bonham's son Jason Bonham on drums; and on January 12th, 1995, when the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, with Jason Bonham again filling in for his dad.

Plant and Page reformed as a duo in the mid '90s and released two albums, the live album No Quarter: Jimmy Page And Robert Plant Unledded and 1998's studio set Walking Into Clarksdale. The two also toured and performed a Zeppelin-heavy setlist.

Robert Plant is currently recording his latest solo set in Nashville.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: February 25, 2007 22:02

Don't believe everything people say in public, where people have different agendas than in private. All three former members are on better speaking terms than people suppose or the media suspects. A good friend of mine is a friend of one of them for over 20 years, so I know a bit more than most.

SD

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 25, 2007 22:06

I suppose that's possible, who knows?

I did read where Page was asked what he would say if Plant called him up and told him that he was interested in a Zeppelin reunion.

Page's response...."Are you sure you have the right number?"

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: February 25, 2007 22:27

Mongoose, I understand your pain at missing LZ but if it makes ya feel any better, Greensboro 75 is rated by Luis Rey as the WORST LZ show ever. They were sick, hungover and just didnt seem into the performance. My boot of it doesnt seem so bad but I rarely find fault in any LZ, Stones, WHO, etc show

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: February 25, 2007 23:54

Thanks, Dr. Pete! That does make me feel a bit better! I am in the process of finding a boot of the show from the Tape Trader Network, and I'm still looking forward to hearing it.

I had some friends who were at that show (including the wife of the bass player of the band I was gigging with in the western part of the state that night), and they basically said, "yeah......it was great to finally see them live.....but, musically, well........ er........uh........"

Posted by: Glass Slide ()
Date: February 26, 2007 00:17

Mongoose--according to "Led Zeppelin--A Concert File"

The show preceeding Greensboro (St Louis) was cancelled due to Plant having the flu. The band which was renting the "Starship" on a daily basis decided to fly to LA and drink while Plant stayed behind due to illness. According to this book (I have never heard this show) the concert suffered b/c Page, JPJ and especially Bonham were both hungover and jet lagged from getting up early that morning and flying across the country. The book also states that Plant's vocals make it apparent he could have spent another day in bed. (He flew in from Chicago that morning).

The show, by Zeppelin stds was short and they dropped Wanton Song. The show is immortalized on the boots "A Quick Get Away" (reference to their escape from a post-show riot). and Footstomping Graffiti.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: February 26, 2007 00:52

You folks are making me feel a whole lot better! It still would have been nice to see them, but, well, some things were just not meant to be.

I'm still hoping to get the chance to see at least one of the three surviving members at a show here in Atlanta sometime soon, and my guess, based on all of the responses, is that it'll be Plant.

Date: February 26, 2007 03:43

from web :

Along with Roberts appearance at The Greenman Festival in August, it’s been announced in various press source’s that Robert and The Strange Sensation will headline the second day of the Desert Rock Festival 2007, which set to take place on March 9-10, 2007 at the Dubai Country Club in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, It’s also been announced that Robert will head line an open-air gig at the Malta International Theatre Festival in Poznan, Poland on June 26.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1599
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home