Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Who Set List?
Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: February 24, 2007 17:58

Anyone know the set list from last night?

Thanks

EC

Re: Who Set List?
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: February 24, 2007 18:03

Reno 23 Feb?!

I Can't Explain, The Seeker, Anyway Anyhow Anywhere, Fragments, Who Are You, Behind Blue Eyes, Real Good Looking Boy, Sound Round, Pick Up The Peace, Endless Wire, We Got A Hit, They Made My Dream Come True, Mirror Door, Baba O'Riley, Eminence Front, A Man In A Purple Dress, Black Widow's Eyes, Mike Post Theme, Relay, My Generation, Won't Get Fooled Again, Pinball Wizard, Amazing Journey, Sparks, See Me Feel Me, Tea And Theatre

Lineup
Roger Daltrey Harmonica, Vocals, Guitar
Pete Townshend Vocals, Guitar
John Bundrick Piano, Keyboards
Pino Palladino Bass
Zak Starkey Drums
Simon Townshend Backing Vocal, Guitar

Source: www.thewho.de - Konzerte (Concerts)
(It says that the Wire And Glass songs and the encore are not yet confirmed)

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: February 24, 2007 18:22

It's the same set they have been doing all tour. I am disapointed especially when I would like to buy more of their official live CD's they release but I do not need 15 shows with the same set list.

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: February 24, 2007 19:13

Having seen a couple of UK shows last year when they only played one new song I would hope that when they return to Europe we will get to hear the new songs live.

I do agree that I would have bought more of the DVDs if the set list was more fluid!

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: February 24, 2007 19:43

Just goes to prove my point don't cry about the Stones not changing around there setlits when most classic rock artists don't. in fact if you look at the reviews the Stones actually change theres around the most of anyone.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: February 24, 2007 20:33

Naw, Dylan does it the most by far.....

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: February 25, 2007 00:54

Rickster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just goes to prove my point don't cry about the
> Stones not changing around there setlits when most
> classic rock artists don't. in fact if you look at
> the reviews the Stones actually change theres
> around the most of anyone.

I find this one difficult......

If you go to a few shows you'd want differing sets however.....if you can only get to one show you tend to want a more constant list.....I shall explain.

With the Stones they change 3 or 4 songs most shows (sometimes more sometimes less)....when I looked through set lists prior to their Glasgow show I thought of what less played songs (already featured on the tour) I'd prefer to hear.
As it turned out the non warhorse songs that were played in Glasgow wouldn't have been my first choices.
So when we all look at set lists we tend to focus on the occasional rare song but it's pure luck....or an email to Chuck......if it gets played at "our" gig.

As regards The Who sets.....they are very locked at the moment...as a result I'm sure they're selling fewer CDs and DVDs of the tour.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-25 00:57 by GuessWho.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 25, 2007 01:12

Rickster Wrote:
> Just goes to prove my point don't cry about the
> Stones not changing around there setlits when most
> classic rock artists don't.

Yes they do. The Who are an exception, not the norm.

in fact if you look at
> the reviews the Stones actually change theres
> around the most of anyone.

No they dont. They do OK (aside from the warhorses) , but as far as changing things around the most, theyre not even close to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-02-25 01:15 by Gazza.

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: February 25, 2007 01:27

HelterSkelter Wrote:
> Naw, Dylan does it the most by far.....

The Allman Brothers will do a triple-date, and not repeat ANY songs in the setlist.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 25, 2007 03:14

I went to the show last night in Reno. Just got back home in San Francisco a few minutes ago. The set list was almost identical to the one they have been playing for most of the tour. The only change I noticed was Relay instead of You Better You Bet. A definite upgrade and probably the best Townsend solo of the night. Overall a good show.Not great. But I haven't seen The Who in many years and they played a small arena,so it was fun. Now I have a couple hours to kill before I turn around and go back to Oakland and see Bob Seger tonight.

Date: February 25, 2007 07:12

I know Pete loves "You Better You Bet" and it was a hit for them in 1981 or so...however, it's not a favorite among Who fans and its look almost as an embarasment. Dropping that song would only be a win-win situation.

I still think the best Who set list was in 1989 when they played 3 hrs and opening with the entire Tommy album, some Pete, John and Roger solo selections. I mean who ever thought they would hear John's "Too Late The Hero" played in a football stadium? In addition quite a few WHO songs sprinkled in. The only down fall for me was the song arrangements were overkilled with the horn section on a couple numbers. "Join Together" horns worked! "Won't Get Fooled Again" the horns were mixed as loud as the guitars.

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: February 25, 2007 07:39

i did not realize bundrick was with them

i like him...he did some great shit with free on heartbreaker

stones should chuck leavell

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: February 25, 2007 07:47

Bundrick has been with them since Moon died...

Date: February 25, 2007 12:39

Sounds like a good show - who was the support act?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 26, 2007 00:31

Manofwealthandtaste Wrote:
> Sounds like a good show - who was the support
> act?

Some unbilled local group who did a quick 30 min.set and got out of the way.

Date: February 26, 2007 03:11

Bundrick was not on the 1982 Farewell Tour, There was someone by the name of Tim Gorman on keyboards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1455
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home