Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 211
Re: What is the next concert you have tickets for?
Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: July 9, 2010 23:41

andrea66
los lobos milano
zz top vigevano (near milano)
santana -october(i didn't want to go but my wife did)
roger waters april 2011 ....

Santana is always great !

Your wife is right - GO!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: July 10, 2010 00:14

Neil Young this Sunday at the Fox in Oakland!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 10, 2010 01:50

Paul McCartney in San Francisco tomorrow night.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2010 05:55

Smokey Robinson at the Hollywood Bowl July 14th...but unfortunately I can't make it.

After that, Roger Waters in Vegas.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 10, 2010 11:13

Free Prom at Royal Albert Hall Sunday afternoon on September5th.Hope it's gonna be a nice day and combine it with a day of the sights of London.Never seen a classical gig there so should be good. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 10, 2010 19:10

sweetcharmedlife
Beelyboy
peter case; friday night mccabes santa monica

the late show he sold out the first
Beely,you going to see Mick Taylor on the pier in august?

oh yeh!! surely so. will be first time i've seen mick since 72 that's 38 years omgoodness!! looking forward to it; i've heard some recent clips and it's gonna be a distinct pleasure to just hang on the pier with everyone and have mick taylor fill up the open air; man that's a sweet gift.

peter played a lotta stuff from the new WIG last night. very spare with bonebrake from X fame on drums and rob franklin from mephis on spare electric accompaniment. tasty. pete was on electric most of the nite digging into some cool blues riffs and great songs. he busted out the acoustic 12 for a few tho and i really loved it. good times.
any iorrs gonna be in santa monica for taylor's show?
historical note; the pier is right around the corner and down the street from the santa monica civic auditorium, where the stones were filmed for the TAMI show....
(and where van morrison's most EXCELLENT "too late to stop now" double live album with the original 'band and street choir' players, from astral weeks on etc...are featured/....GREAT ALBUM) but i digress...

the pier around the corner from the civic. i saw the stones here '89. now taylor this summer; i'm really happy about it.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 15, 2010 05:37

U2. A year from now. I bought the tickets in 2009.

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: July 15, 2010 05:48

Pavement in NYC in September

Date: July 15, 2010 06:09

tatters
A measly 2 year wait?winking smiley

I'm heading up the hill to catch Neil Young solo saturday night.drinking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: July 15, 2010 07:43

ENDLESS BOOGIE!!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 15, 2010 08:34

None!

Mick Taylor is free
Tom Petty is "ticketless" will call (or something like that)

Date: July 15, 2010 16:39

sweetcharmedlife
tatters

They're offering refunds "if necessary". I think it may be necessary for me to see "Jack Bruce of Cream" (that's how he's officially being billed) next month, so I'll see if I can trade in the U2 tickets for that. It's not like the U2 concert was even sold out. I can trade in my U2 tickets now and probably STILL easily buy tickets for it again next year! LOL

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 15, 2010 17:47

tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters

They're offering refunds "if necessary". I think it may be necessary for me to see "Jack Bruce of Cream" (that's how he's officially being billed) next month, so I'll see if I can trade in the U2 tickets for that. It's not like the U2 concert was even sold out. I can trade in my U2 tickets now and probably STILL easily buy tickets for it again next year! LOL

Seriously, there is something completely wrong with the way U2 treats their fans. Honestly, they are the only band on the planet that sells tickets 8months ahead of time for their shows. Now, with this "convenient delay" you can be a loyal fan by letting them keep your money for 20 months! before a live show. What a joke.

Date: July 15, 2010 18:14

Kurt
tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters

Seriously, there is something completely wrong with the way U2 treats their fans. Honestly, they are the only band on the planet that sells tickets 8months ahead of time for their shows. Now, with this "convenient delay" you can be a loyal fan by letting them keep your money for 20 months! before a live show. What a joke.

They're not the only ones. Roger Waters is doing the same thing for The Wall shows. Sad thing is people are still buying them and at a very hefty price.

Date: July 16, 2010 02:39

Kurt
tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters

Maybe I can put "U2 Ticket Holder" on my resume. I've held that position longer than a good many of my jobs. I wonder how many people who bought tickets in 2009 will have PASSED AWAY, be it from cancer, heart attacks, or car crashes, by the time these concerts finally take place in 2011. I would guess a couple dozen, at least, per show.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 16, 2010 02:50

Kurt
tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters

The Stones do it regularly when they tour Europe. And when they postponed their 1998 UK shows for a year so they could avoid paying tax, we had to wait about 19-20 months before finally seeing them.

U2 could alternatively have cancelled the tour, refunded your money and then made you pay all over again (therefore paying two sets of charges) when they rescheduled (as the Stones did in 2006-07 with several ABB tour shows). A far less satisfactory outcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-16 02:53 by Gazza.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 16, 2010 02:55

Yay!

Thanks for bumping this thread - reminded me to check out something....

....just scored Leonard Cohen tickets at 4th row, right in front of stage - in 3 weeks from now

Sometimes, one can great tickets at nighttime - and I didn't have any luck, before right now!

Really look forward to the concert, as I missed Cohen on his previous visit. Just a buy a plane ticket now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-16 03:00 by Erik_Snow.

Date: July 16, 2010 03:23

Gazza
Kurt
tatters
sweetcharmedlife
tatters

The Stones do it regularly when they tour Europe. And when they postponed their 1998 UK shows for a year so they could avoid paying tax, we had to wait about 19-20 months before finally seeing them.

U2 could alternatively have cancelled the tour, refunded your money and then made you pay all over again (therefore paying two sets of charges) when they rescheduled (as the Stones did in 2006-07 with several ABB tour shows). A far less satisfactory outcome.

The reason U2 had to postpone their tour of NORTHERN U.S. cities for a YEAR has nothing to do with the severity of Bono's injury, since he will be "in fighting shape" for the start of the European tour on Aug. 6. The U.S. dates COULD have been rescheduled for as early as OCTOBER (the European tour ends Oct. 8), were it not for the band's MEGALOMANIA requiring a stage so large it can only be used in OUTDOOR stadiums. You can't do an outdoor show in Michigan in the middle of winter. If you had a stage that was only as large as, say, a Rolling Stones-sized stage, you COULD play Ford Field, a stadium with a roof, in the wintertime, or anytime, but if your stage is 164 feet tall, you HAVE to play outdoors, and you can only do that, here, in the summer. NEXT summer.

That being said (God, I hate that expression), their stage was a big part of the reason I was curious to see them in the first place! LOL

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-16 03:48 by tatters.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 16, 2010 04:04

Bob Dylan at The Monterey Fairgrounds (where Monterey Pop was held) in August.
Anniversary gift from my wife. Should be great.

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: July 16, 2010 04:40

Alice Cooper! This Sunday at The Fraze in Dayton, Ohio.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Date: July 23, 2010 07:33

Wasn't planning on it, But,just found out I won tickets for Aerosmith and Sammy Hagar tomorrow night.....So I guess I'm going.smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 23, 2010 07:37

sweetcharmedlife
Wasn't planning on it, But,just found out I won tickets for Aerosmith and Sammy Hagar tomorrow night.....So I guess I'm going.smileys with beer
FUN!!!! and free : )
please let is know how it went, I hope Joe Perry is OK,
I heard a car crashed into his Motorcycle last week.

Sammy is an opening act you probably want to see....
he is funny, should be a great show , have fun.
I say this becasue I have perfected skipping MOST opening acts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-23 07:39 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 23, 2010 08:34

U2, but just to see the stage. Well, that was the main reason.
Next, Charlie Watts Milan, november 27th

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 23, 2010 08:55

The Faces at the O2 Bubble on 11th August, Toots and the Maytals on 12th August, the Faces again on 13th August at Goodwood. Steve Miller at the Albert Hall on 7th October.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: July 23, 2010 15:08

Tom Petty last night. Mike Campbell is The Man!

Date: July 23, 2010 17:01

Kurt
Tom Petty last night. Mike Campbell is The Man!
Good to hear Mike is feeling better. I guess the heat in Cleveland got the better of him the other night.

Date: July 23, 2010 17:18

He was fine and sounding incredible last night.
"Fresh off medical leave.." is the way I think Tom Petty put it.

Posted by: gengiant90 ()
Date: July 23, 2010 19:52

J. Geils Band August 21st at DTE for the Summer Blow-out in the Motor City. After seeing them last year on their two city mini tour I can not wait for them to return.

Date: July 23, 2010 20:16

Heading to Boston and Fenway Park for J. Geils! (and some other band called Aerosmith) August 14th.
Best Live Band Ever, in my humble opinion.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 24, 2010 01:23

BLACK SEEDS AUGUST 5
GUNS N ROSES SEPT 13
OZZY SEPT 20
SATRIANI OCT 20
ROBERT PLANT OCTOBER

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6869707172737475767778...LastNext
Current Page: 73 of 211

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home