Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Is this real? (wild horses recording)
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 17, 2007 21:32

Ultra Rare Trax was from a Swingin' Pig knockoff in Europe. Unlike the at-the-time essential Beatles Ultra Rare Trax, the Stones' version did not offer best quality ever outtakes or live recordings. It was a hodge podge often sourced from vinyl boots and markedly inferior to the real Trademark of Quality label. Wasn't the label, Genuine Pig offering a poor imitation of the Swingin' Pig/Rhino Records logos? Anyway, they also included "gems" like the fake psychedic version of Sympathy for the Devil and a few such guitar noodlings which were of dubious authenticity to say the least. The Wild Horses rehearsal is one of these.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 17, 2007 21:34

Fake as hell, and known since the early 90's.

Mathijs

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: January 17, 2007 21:42

Meredith Hunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> after giving it some thought, i have decided to
> keep my screen name.
>

As well you should, don't pander to the kiss asses on this site.

Posted by: Haristone ()
Date: January 17, 2007 23:38

this recording is circulating since the mid 80's. nothing to do with keef or the stones. 100 % guaranted fake.

the first release was on a vinyl LP called Mick Taylor We Thank You, released august 1986.

the recording was circulating with two other fakes since 1984 or 1985, maybe before.

i can tell you this is not keith !!!!!!

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: January 17, 2007 23:48

The lead part really doesn't sound like either Parsons or Taylor. It definitely doesn't sound like Keef on lead or rhythm. It actually sounds like Jagger on rhythm because it has that sloppy feeling like on Highway Child (bootleg)

Not sure who the duo is.

Are you sure it surfaced on Ultra Rare Trax Vol 2?

Maybe it could be Parsons and Keef. I've never heard Parsons play such a pickout kind of lead. I have however heard Keef play sloppy before :-)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 17, 2007 23:53

>> I have however heard Keef play sloppy before <<

smile: like on Highway Child (which i freakin love every strand of)?
that ain't Mick on guitar on that one (or Keith on this Wild Horses)

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 18, 2007 00:01

Somebody asked about this recording on Hot Stuff a couple of weeks ago and said it was fake.. I had never thought about it but after going back and listening, I have to agree. Though it would be hard to prove.

As far as the issue over the screen name Meredith Hunter, I think its' rediculous. The controversy I mean. Doesn't offend me.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: January 18, 2007 01:08

For all you who don't have a clue!!!

Meredith Hunter just happened to be a BLACK man with a WHITE woman at that Stones concert. The White (Racists) Hells Angels didn't take kindly to that
fact and started to kick his ass. He, unfortunately thought he could protect himself from the beating by pulling out his "un-loaded" handgun to scare the Angels into leaving him alone - wrong decision

He never once pointed the gun at the stage, that was the Angels cover story
as to why they did to him what they did.

that was from the Rolling Stone mag. writer who was there.

MLC

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: January 18, 2007 01:38

MCD you're twisting the facts by saying the Hells Angels started to kick his ass BECAUSE he had a white girlfriend.
The Hells Angels were kicking EVERYONE'S ass that day.

He could have just had his ass kicked like everyone else, but when he pulled the gun he had his ass kicked and he was killed.

"When you pull a gun you open a door - and you have to accept what comes through that door." I don't have the book any longer but i believe that quote, or something close, was in the David Dalton Unauthorized Biography of the Rolling Stones. Wish i could find that book...

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: January 18, 2007 07:41

In the legendary Keith Richards Rolling Stone interview following Altamont, they asked him about Meredith Hunter.

Interviewer: But the gun wasn't loaded.

Keith: Tell it to Wild Bill Hickock, man.

... As one who was at Altamont, AND who's had a gun (that was loaded) pointed at his head, all I can say is:

... When's the next Stones tour?

Posted by: forligan ()
Date: January 18, 2007 11:01

Actually, I've though about it too, and it really doesn't bug me that much, your screen name, it's just like, "why?" I think I know. You crave attention, and you got it, didnt you?didn't you?

you ole dahlin!!!!!!!!!!p.s. I wonder if the Hunter family got any money , you know , royalties, no doubt many bought Gimme Shelter for the historical :murder on screen. hmm

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 18, 2007 11:32

forligan Wrote:
> Actually, I've though about it too, and it really
> doesn't bug me that much, your screen name, it's
> just like, "why?" I think I know. You crave
> attention, and you got it, didnt you?didn't you?
>
> you ole dahlin!!!!!!!!!!p.s. I wonder if the
> Hunter family got any money , you know ,
> royalties, no doubt many bought Gimme Shelter for
> the historical :murder on screen. hmm

yeah, you figured me out, i just crave the attention. that's why i post here all the time, it's for all the attention.(i rarely ever post here) you're the one who started calling me names after i posted an on topic, relevant post.

if you're really concerned about whether or not the Hunter family was in any way compensated for said royalties that you mention, why don't you ask THE ROLLING STONES??? c'mon you neiborhood watch dog, set things right. or just continue trying to be a self righteous internet dork.

Date: January 18, 2007 12:26

you're a dinkfeeler, you know that? you don't belong in the Stones camp. Go to the Boreigner pages

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 18, 2007 12:47

forligan Wrote:
> you're a dinkfeeler, you know that? you don't
> belong in the Stones camp. Go to the Boreigner
> pages

A dinkfeeler?? Is thast all you got? what the hell is that, some game you played with your step father?

what is your problem? if you read this entire thread, you're the one who looks like a complete tosser.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: January 18, 2007 13:13

"Meredith Hunter just happened to be a BLACK man with a WHITE woman at that Stones concert. The White (Racists) Hells Angels didn't take kindly to that
fact and started to kick his ass. He, unfortunately thought he could protect himself from the beating by pulling out his "un-loaded" handgun to scare the Angels into leaving him alone - wrong decision - You may be right MCDDTLC as some of the Angels were clearly racist but you don't know that was the reason they knifed him. As nellcote '71 pointed out, they attacked scores of people that day, mainly whites. The fact that Hunter did pull out a gun, loaded or unloaded (I thought it was loaded but you may be right) the Angels weren't to know which. They were supposed to be offering 'security' and although the ferocity of the attack was obviously unneccessary, you could argue that they were doing their job for once. If someone pulled out a gun at a Stones gig nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if they were 'taken out' instantly, maybe after one shouted warning.

He never once pointed the gun at the stage, that was the Angels cover story
as to why they did to him what they did." He was holding the gun, he was facing the stage. Also a non-Angel fan/witness shouted out "he's going to shoot Mick Jagger". He or she clearly believed it so why not the Angels?

Posted by: Lumi ()
Date: January 18, 2007 13:27

Altamont was a scene of chaos and I don't think we'll ever really know if Meredith Hunter wanted to shoot someone / was in a drug haze / tried to defend himself against the Hell's Angels.

Either way, Hell's Angels are not what I call "trustworthy" in my book, so I wouldn't trust their side of the story that much.

Date: January 18, 2007 13:39

tosser????you limey english bastard...........off the isle with you and your kind, the fuhrer should have blown yous to bits when he had the chance.........course I love the Beatles and Stones....they don't count.!!

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: January 18, 2007 13:41

Cool it folks!!Dont create a new alta.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 18, 2007 15:18

forligan wrote: tosser????you limey english bastard...........off the isle with you and your kind, the fuhrer should have blown yous to bits when he had the chance....

wow......and this from the same person who showed sympathy for a guy that may have been pointing a gun at the stage. true colors have been shown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-01-18 15:18 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 18, 2007 15:19

As far as the original question ,l don't think that is Keith and Graham,is a fake.
About the name, is his business what he calls himself.
Some of the people here are so touchy that is ridiculous.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Idiot Wind ()
Date: January 18, 2007 15:20

forligan Wrote:
> tosser????you limey english bastard...........off
> the isle with you and your kind, the fuhrer should
> have blown yous to bits when he had the
> chance.........

I find this very, very offensive.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 18, 2007 15:25

limey english, fuhrer, meredith hunter, bla, bla..... aint it all just plain imature?

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: January 18, 2007 15:30

MCDDTLC Wrote:
> >
> He never once pointed the gun at the stage, that
> was the Angels cover story

You cannot watch Gimme Shelter and believe Hunter did not point the gun at the stage. As far as his intent is concerned...no one will ever know. But he did point the gun at the stage.

Posted by: Luke33 ()
Date: January 18, 2007 15:40

no problem with the MH alias....

Wild horses is a fake.

I doubt Hunter wanted to shoot at the stage. I'd say he had the gun for his own protection (as mentioned earlier) and pulled it out in self-defence hoping (good luck!) the the Angels chasing him would back off...you simply don't pull a gun out when you are confronted with 30 Hells Angels !!!

And if I was a black man in that situation (and climate at the time) I wouldn't be wearing a bright greem suit drawing attention to me !

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 18, 2007 15:48

A guy asks a perfectly rational question as to whether a boot recording is legit or a hoax and we'll likely end up with BV asking people to delete their offensive posts or be banned. This is ridiculous. Whatever the circumstances at Altamont, Meredith Hunter is part of Stones history. The guy has a right to use the screen name. It was non-judgemental. If he called himself "Meredith Hunter Deserved to Die" or put in something racist, I would understand the controversy. The very notion of people on a Stones board saying how dare you call yourself Meredith Hunter, that name is sacrosanct and must not be uttered...hell we'd better make sure we delete every recording of Down Home Girl, Brown Sugar, Sweet Black Angel, Hey Negrita, Some Girls, and She Was Hot, too.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 18, 2007 15:50

This is an example of a person who picked an offensive name as user name on IORR, then offended people that way, then made other people offend by using bad language. In total, thank you to those who helped in wasting half an our or so of my life on this useless thread and cleaning up. I will keep this as a reference when more shit happens (quote from Keith).

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home