Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Are The Stones Still Relevant? Musically,Politically,Socially in today's World?
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 20, 2006 23:12

--------

now I wish I didn't edit this post. It's just beacuse the stones are so corperate now its hard to say now that they were revolutinary, so I watned to take back what I said.

It was a responds to sevearltimesregistered's post who said that the stones helped lead the peace movement and I said how they didn't have anything directly to do with it but in their own way helped set the stage for it.

and I said that the generation gap back then was unusual and the stones had a huge influnece on the younger generation and were kind leaders and spokesman even though they never admit it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-21 03:57 by ryanpow.

Re: Are The Stones Still Relevant? Musically,Politically,Socially in today's World?
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 20, 2006 23:47

Even if they are past their prime the Stones are relevent as an unique Rock'n'Roll band, they are an exciting liveband, Bigger Bang was a good album although it was not so succesful,the Stones do not need MTV anymore.Politically the Stones are totally irrelevant and I think they always were. The Stones are four impressive guys, and they are really charismatic legends.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 20, 2006 23:59

Relevant after five decades. Their music will remain timeless. A band led by two 63 year old men who have more brains ,talent and and energy than other rockers 1/2 their age. Socially and historically, the Stones will be forever forever significant.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: December 21, 2006 00:02

I think you're right, ryanpow, it's no question of "The Rolling Stones enlightened Mr President or the Dalai Lama on Tuesday, ..."
It's a question of a general change in behaviour and attitude. And to that the Stones as witnesses of the time always contributed very much.
I'm a teacher and I once had a neo-nazi (nothing "sweet" about him, by the way - don't misunderstand me I want to make a pun with neo) in a class who tried to agitate from time to time. I got his mouth shut for the rest of the year when I asked him whether he seperates his garbage (recycling purpose)! At that moment he knew that he did something "totally left-wing".
As Stones fans we all read about police despotism but is the police today the same as then?
Does anyone ask you if you wear a wig or if you are a woman if your hair covers your ears?
What else happened during the last 44 flicks when everything changed but the sun, the moon and (fill in the blank)?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 21, 2006 00:14

I don't think the Stones have really been relevant for a long time. For their history, they are undoubtedly, but if you strip that away and just look at who they are now in terms of the albums they record, even they're touring, then they are most definitely not in my opinion. They're great of course however.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 21, 2006 00:15

It's only rock and roll, but I like it.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home