Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
If Brian Jones HADN'T DIED ... ?
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 17, 2006 19:37

(I can see this thread turning into a horrid joke-fest of bad taste...
At the risk of that...)

If Brian Jones hadn't died, what do you think might have been?
Would he have continued playing music?
Without the Stones?
Back with the Stones?

Switched careers completely?

Re: If Brian Jones HADN'T DIED ... ?
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 17, 2006 19:39

I think he'd be alive then.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: November 17, 2006 19:41

For some reason I always think that Brian would be really really fat!

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: November 17, 2006 19:42

Been blues man like Taylor with different bands.........

Coming Down Again

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 17, 2006 19:42

... like Mick Taylor?

Posted by: Chav Watch ()
Date: November 17, 2006 19:47

If Brian Jones had lived the most popular subject matter on IORR would be "any chance of Brian joining them on stage before the end of the ABB tour".

Seriously, if he had lived and sorted himself out I reckon he might have re-joined when Mick Taylor quit.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 17, 2006 19:48

Brushed-off Brian back in 74. Now that would have been a sight.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: November 17, 2006 19:50

It's anyone's guess what may have been.

Mine is that he would have done nothing and become a recluse "Sid Barrett style" for much of the 70's, then reimerging with some weird eastern music that sold poorly.

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: November 17, 2006 19:58

You Mick Taylor fans think everytime his name is mentioned ,its in compitetion..WRONG!!
All I'm saying is he would have been playing blues in his own band,I said nothing about solo's or vibrato,Sway,Shine aLight,or anything like that..
I love Mick Taylor too but he was not the Stones only capable muscian.

Coming Down Again

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: November 17, 2006 20:00

I agree with what lettingitbleed said, I think if he had lived, he would have been a lot like Syd Barrett or Roy Harper during the '70s, an eccentric British recluse... could see him getting with a small label and making several odd albums, maybe with people like Hendrix (if he'd lived), Dave Mason, Jimmy Page, Ginger Baker, William S. Burroughs, involved in various permutations...Although I could also see him, if he'd lived, pioneering some of the "world music" trend -- it's easy to imagine him collaborating with Jajoukan/Moroccan music, Indian music, folk music, serious jazz musicians, putting together fusions of different styles, that sort of thing. So it's possible he would have gotten there before Paul Simon and Peter Gabriel. But his lack of writing his own original material would have been a real hurdle for him.

So yeah, I bet overall he would make a handful of extremely weird albums that not many people would be into.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: November 17, 2006 20:02

He would have lived and he would have been older now than when he died, but he wouldn't have died so he would just be older....And be alive too because he wouldn't have died.....so he would have been alive and older but he wouldn't be dead....so that means he'd be alive instead of dead.....but not alive like in '69 but alive now so he would look different.....

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 17, 2006 20:08

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
He would have lived and he would have been older now than when he died, but he wouldn't have died so he would just be older....And be alive too because he wouldn't have died.....so he would have been alive and older but he wouldn't be dead....so that means he'd be alive instead of dead.....but not alive like in '69 but alive now so he would look different.....

Great post MB, that clearly answers that one. It reminds me of that scene from Dumb and Dumber

What's the Soup du jour?
It's the Soup of the Day.
Oh that sounds good, i'll have that.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 17, 2006 20:14

Possibly would have won DANCING WITH THE STARS....probably would NOT have cured cancer.

Date: November 17, 2006 20:16

Glad you liked it my dear. I don't know what kinda uppers "shipment" came into Schillid's "hood" but the dude's gotta cut back on some of these questions....Let's down shift it a bit and throw on the brakes just a tad.....

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 17, 2006 20:18

MicksBrain Wrote:
Glad you liked it my dear. I don't know what kinda uppers "shipment" came into Schillid's "hood" but the dude's gotta cut back on some of these questions....

MicksBrain - I AM SHOCKED! You, an artist, should know better than to try to squash another person's imagination.

Date: November 17, 2006 20:24

Yeah, you're right....I'll put up a schillid style one now.... well, soon ....

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 17, 2006 20:27

MicksBrain Wrote:
> I don't know what kinda
> uppers "shipment" came into Schillid's "hood"

wouldn't you like to know...
This is Mick's brain... this is Mick's brain on...
Thanks for caring.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: November 17, 2006 20:32

Keep sharp, everyone - Brian Jones conspiracy theorists will be here soon to plug their websites!!!

Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: November 17, 2006 20:45

If Jones lived and ever rejoined the Stones I don't think I would love them like I do today.

The Brian period is my least favorite.

Remember, they didn't become the Greatest R&R band in the world until AFTER BJ.

I know he started the band, but the band got so much better without him... IMO

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 17, 2006 20:48

most people do better after BJ

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 17, 2006 20:52

I really don't think Brian would've become a Barrat style recluse. Syd Barrett lost it because of his major LSD problem. I don't think thats Brian at all. He was reportedly jamming with Hendrix, Alexis Corner and even John Lennon in his last few months. My bet is that he'd of ended up going back to the blues. It was always his major love.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: November 17, 2006 20:54

"Remember, they didn't become the Greatest R&R band in the world until AFTER BJ. "

Bollocks.

They might not have had the label but they were the best group in the world with & partly because of Brian (& Sticky & Exile aside they were never as good again).

Posted by: JK ()
Date: November 17, 2006 21:01

We´d have Jones vs Taylor vs Wood threads...

Date: November 17, 2006 21:02

We do anyway don't we?

Posted by: Chav Watch ()
Date: November 17, 2006 21:10

Perhaps he would have been on I'm A Celebrity

Posted by: carson99 ()
Date: November 17, 2006 21:17

I was really shocked the last time I watched the Rock 'N Roll Circus DVD and saw (and heard) how great the Stones were ... This was with Brian Jones on guitar! In my opinion, the Stones songs at that show are in every way as good or better than anything the Stones have done with Ronnie Wood (and don't forget, the Circus show was supposedly recorded after the Stones had been awake for 48 + plus hours due to major drug abuse) ... go listen to it again and see if I'm crazy ...

Date: November 17, 2006 21:28

Wasn't Brian only playing guitar on one track in the R'n'R Circus, supposedly because he was too @#$%& to play properly? Still brilliant though.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: November 18, 2006 00:34

He would have gotten allot more partying in for sure.

There is a few great boots on Brian playing with Hendrix, classic Brian guitar and even trading licks with Hendrix.

Probably more stuff like this I suppose. I don't think he would have been able to stop the train he was on sadly.

Posted by: BrianJones1969 ()
Date: August 19, 2010 23:38

According to Terry Rawlings, the author of the book Who Killed Christopher Robin?, Brian "would've looked horrible, made some terrible experimental music and probably just have died anyway. Some people just aren't going to make it. And he was one of them."

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: August 19, 2010 23:45

If he survived the Stones gauntlet, he might've cast about for while doing soundtracks and solo attempts, and eventually ended up one of those British genius recluse musicians who lives in a basement and a film is made about him 30 years later, and has a cult following.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-19 23:46 by swiss.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home