Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

townshend on who's better now, the stones or the who
Posted by: poor immigrant ()
Date: November 7, 2006 17:40

Q The Stones are playing the Bay Area three days before the Who. We're inviting readers to weigh in on which is the greater band. How do you vote? Why?

A The Stones are ``greater.'' But the Who are probably best musically right now. We carry less baggage, but as a result we may also convey less magic. Simply seeing Mick and Keith standing on a stage together rocks my world.

Both bands are far too old and successful to even worry about all this, but I think perhaps we do. Mick is competitive I know. But he is also incredibly supportive; he has called me during this tour, brought me in to work on his solo records and has been to see the Who play a number of times in the past 10 years. Keith writes his friends get-well cards these days.

I will always be a fan of the Stones until the day I die. They helped to shape me; remember that when I was 16 at art school in Ealing they did their few shows in London at the Ealing Club nearby. The word was out two years before I wrote my first song.

Re: townshend on who's better now, the stones or the who
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 7, 2006 17:43

The Who..dont have no money to hire the younger girls!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 7, 2006 17:48

I agree.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 7, 2006 18:17

Very nice answer of Pete, I enjoyed reading it.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 7, 2006 18:37

Try this, very in depth!

[sfgate.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home