Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: O.T Rod Stewart announces UK Stadium tour
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 7, 2006 19:17

Today it was announced that Rod will do a show at the Olympic Stadium in Stockholm on July 20th.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 7, 2006 19:46

Not sure how jazz standards will do in big stadiums.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 7, 2006 20:17

This is the thing. How come Rod can play areas like Ipswich and Coventry, yet he Stones can't? I'm not going to prented I'd go, but I'm stating this out of principal. Or we bloody get is London (well, Surrey or Middlesex in the cases of Twickenham and Wembley) and one poltery show up north. Its been like this since the Voodoo Lounge tour. At least in 1990 they played Manchester and Newcastle.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: November 7, 2006 22:02

Why is everyone shocked that rods doing a stadium tour. He has done them before. His last UK tour at the end of last year ended in 4 nights at Earls court. That was the better part of 80,000 in London alone. Is it just me or are most the people on this board pescemistic

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 7, 2006 22:19

I don't think we're pessimistic. I think we've heard his new album (and his last four Songbook albums), think that they suck the big one, and wonder who would pay money to see him in concert.

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: November 7, 2006 23:29

Glasgow had 5 indoor shows at around 9,000 per show last year.
I 'm sure he'll fill Hampden Park.....
AFAIK the tickets range from £50 to £65 which I guess will also help ticket sales.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 7, 2006 23:56

Most people in this board are unrealistic.

(Like any fan board of anything, you're going to pull in mostly people who think they own the subject, their say is final, they are the #1 expert, blah blah blah, argue argue agure, negative negative negative...)

Rod's demographic is very, very huge right now. I know that if he toured North America now, he'd give the Stones a run for their money.

"You're crazy! How can you call yourself a Stones fan? etc"...

There, saved a bunch of you some trouble. Women, people. the 30-55 female demographic is owned by Rod.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 7, 2006 23:58

More North American dates added.
[www.pollstar.com]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 8, 2006 00:44

I agree that Rod is very popular in the US particularly because his women fans are very loyal.

But I find it hard to compare Rod and his band to the Stones for the majority of the music audience today.

I don't see Rod's people being able to make deals playing numerous American stadiums at the kind of ticket price asked for the Stones. In the UK, as I mentioned previously, he'll do well as selected stadiums

The Stones are legendary, among the founding fathers of pop/rock and all that. Rod has long been a most enjoyable and popular entertainer but he is not a legend. He writes few of his own songs, doesn't sing them as well today as he once did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-08 04:57 by stonesrule.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 8, 2006 03:46

Always a great live show. Hopefully, the Songbook era is over.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: November 8, 2006 04:47

He played Hot Legs on dancing w/ the stars tonite...it was ok..good to see him rock out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-11-08 04:48 by tat2you.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 8, 2006 07:15

.........my 2 cents.........and mind you I'm not against plastic surgery....but doesn't he look like he's trying too hard??????...I'd rather see him sing standards at this point.....somethings are best left in the past and his Hot Legs days are a far away memory.....but if he's having fun......go for it Rod.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: November 8, 2006 12:10

Smart thinking by Rod. He knows big money is to be made by touring, so sells out his rock image, starts making dreadfull songbook collections and now goes on the road to cash in on the housewives that loved his croonder BS so much.

Rod Stewart has undergone the Stones-proces: release an album so you can tour and never forget: it's all about money. Talking about loosing credibility.

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: November 8, 2006 12:19

I have a friend, a great rock fan of 46, who is as mad about Rod (and The Faces) as we are about the Stones. I told him this yesterday as I saw it on Virgin Radio. He didnt know, and he became very happy about these news. Said he will definitely go to Twick and see him, has seen him many times before. So, he still likes Rod although Rod seems to have gone softer...and this guy loves Rock.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: November 8, 2006 14:21

Yawn...........

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 8, 2006 14:23

Maybe Stones will be in UK at that time too. Ronnie might show up at Stewart's gigs, don't you think?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 9, 2006 00:14

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 9, 2006 00:16

Erik_Snow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe Stones will be in UK at that time too.
> Ronnie might show up at Stewart's gigs, don't you
> think?

Nah..Ronnie's in the UK in July. Stones gigs will probably be later in the summer

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1365
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home