Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: which stones--Album you bought first??
Posted by: SKlPPY ()
Date: October 12, 2006 22:36

My first was Englands Newest Hitmakers. I was friends with the "record lady" at our local Woolworths Five and Dime. They alway got new releases before even the record stores. She told me when the album was scheduled to arrive and I was there early. When they unloaded the truck I got her box cutter and opened all the boxes til I found the right one. I had called everyone who sold records in the area and no one had it so I guess I bought the First Rolling Stones album ever sold in our city.

Posted by: hickorywind ()
Date: October 13, 2006 01:19

Aftermath and probably still my favourite to date.

Posted by: Chas ()
Date: October 13, 2006 01:35

It was either Hot Rocks or Emotional Rescue. It was 1980. I was in the 8th grade. It was a revelation to me that the same group that did Satisfaction also did Miss You etc.--connecting the eras--I was just learning about rnr in general.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: October 13, 2006 02:14

Love you Live was the first one I bought, but I had been listening to Stones Story for months by then..

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 13, 2006 02:38

Through The Past Darkley (Big Hits Vol 2) - 1999

Posted by: musicsmyteefine ()
Date: October 13, 2006 02:47

Bought Hot Rocks in 71 or 72...but my brother and sister were both older and had loads of Stones albums before that. So I'd heard all the classics Aftermath, Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Exile, Sticky Fingers...let's just say I took it from there and got everything else from that point on. Also, should add that I went back and got a few older ones too!

Posted by: troubador ()
Date: October 13, 2006 03:51

Started with the London 45 RPM versions of Get Off My cloud, Satisfaction, 19th Nervous and Paint it Black (which I still have), then finally splurged at Korvette's for 2.99 for the mono Aftermath (which, like a dope, I sold a few years ago, along with my mono versions of Flowers, Between the Buttons, Satanic Majesties and Beggars Banquet)...

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1935
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home