Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Best thing Bill did with the Stones?
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: February 21, 2011 12:13

2120 South Michigan Avenue

Re: Best thing Bill did with the Stones?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 21, 2011 16:43

Mathijs
Just listening to the well known 10 minute outtake of Whip. At the end, the guitars fade to the background a bit, and you hear mostly Charlie and Bill. It's amazing -Charlie's playing the most simple 4 to the floor pattern, and Bill plays the major A and D notes with added fifths. But the way they interlock is just encredible. Charle's 4 to the floor has this encredible swing to it. How can you play four bass kicks straight, and make it swing? Then Wyman skips the '1', and emphesizes the '2', transfering the rythm section from rock to roll, more swing or disco than anything else.

I really doubt anyone ever realized how fantastically good they where at that time.

Mathijs

Agree completely. Whip was a real standout, and they were locked in on that entire record.

Another really good one is Stop Breaking Down, where Bill plays some odd but very cool stuff in the jam part in the second half of the song. But I think his high point may have been Love In Vain on Ya Yas.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2321
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home