Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: CD Reissues and a Couple New Albums of interest
Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: February 19, 2011 19:11

I found a few upcoming cd reissues and new albums while browsing. I'm sure some of these are interest to the folks that post here. For the sake of provoking discussion...

BO DIDDLEY'S BEACH PARTY REISSUE--I knew of this album but have never heard it. I'm excited it will finally be available.

TRAFFIC : JOHN BARLEYCORN MUST DIE REISSUE--I don't own any music by Traffic. Thinking of getting this. What do you all think of it?

LAYLA AND OTHER ASSORTED LOVE SONGS ANN. ED. --Well, this looks like a no-brainer. Also comes in a super deluxe with more discs and goodies for around $90!

BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER REISSUE w/DVD and EX. Tracks -- Never heard the full album but I'm familar with the 'hits'

So Beautiful or So What Speaking of which...I'm curious about this. The early reviews say it is a return to form for Paul Simon.

ELVIS IS BACK! (Legacy Reissue) I'm not a huge Elvis fan but this looks pretty cool.

Johnny Cash Bootleg Series vol 2 Can't believe I had missed this until now-looks amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/Concert-Troubadour-1969-Rick-Nelson/dp/B004FEDV9Y/ref=pd_sim_m_3]Rick Nelson Live in 69 Reissue[/url]--Just Released!

DUST BOWL: Joe Bonnamassa-- Blondie Chaplin is on this.

Hold on Tight by Solomon Burke -- The final album

So what do you think?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-19 19:21 by KeefintheNight82.

Re: OT: CD Reissues and a Couple New Albums of interest
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 19, 2011 19:15

save your money for 'Some Girls' de Luxe Box...

2 1 2 0

Date: February 20, 2011 00:33

there are a couple of good new releases out there but they are basically of the hard rock genre:
mr big- what if...
hurtsmile- self titled
scheepers- self titled
whitesnake- forevermore (due in march)
king kobra- self titled (due in may)

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 20, 2011 00:35

I just got DBT's Go-Go Boots. That'll hold me over for a while.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 20, 2011 03:35

I just bought Miles' Bitches Brew Live re-issue today. I'm not a huge Miles fan, but I love the psychedelic groove-based electric period this comes from. Also psyched for the upcoming Paul Simon album, and I've become a fan of the band Devotchka, which has an album coming March 1st... THEN I'll start saving for the Some Girls box, if that really is coming (I sure hope so!).

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: February 20, 2011 05:31

12 titles of Johnny Winter on May 25.
with 2011 remastering, bonus tracks and paper sleeves.

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: February 20, 2011 05:40

That live Bo Diddley from 1963 sounds like a real winner. Thanks for the heads up, I will be ordering that one.

Posted by: lsbz ()
Date: February 20, 2011 09:00

KeefintheNight82
LAYLA AND OTHER ASSORTED LOVE SONGS ANN. ED. --Well, this looks like a no-brainer. Also comes in a super deluxe with more discs and goodies for around $90!

Seems the most interesting of them. I have the regular single CD and would have bought this one if it had been available then.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: February 20, 2011 16:18

keefriffhard4life
there are a couple of good new releases out there but they are basically of the hard rock genre:
mr big- what if...
hurtsmile- self titled
scheepers- self titled

Um, yeah. If you say so.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: February 20, 2011 16:29

BO DIDDLEY'S BEACH PARTY is an excellent live album. It has I'm Alright on it. The original release is very rough sounding, but in the good way. If you like good, raw, 60's garage and R&B rock n roll, I highly recommend it.

Marshall Chess produced it. He was Bo's road manager at the time. It was recorded at a small club in South Carolina, with I think only one mic, or something like that, in the early sixties. Marshall said the local redneck dispshits were not happy with Bo and his band for some reason, and they were lucky to get out alive.

Date: February 20, 2011 17:25

bustedtrousers
keefriffhard4life
mr big- what if...
hurtsmile- self titled
scheepers- self titled

Um, yeah. If you say so.

well i would bet money you have no clue who hurtsmile or scheepers are so not even sure how you could comment on those

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: February 20, 2011 17:34

keefriffhard4life
bustedtrousers
keefriffhard4life
mr big- what if...
hurtsmile- self titled
scheepers- self titled

Um, yeah. If you say so.

well i would bet money you have no clue who hurtsmile or scheepers are so not even sure how you could comment on those

Well, you commented (with a good review) on albums that are not even released yet.

But really is this the music you like? Seems pretty far away from the Rolling Stones.

Date: February 20, 2011 17:40

KeefintheNight82
keefriffhard4life
bustedtrousers
keefriffhard4life
mr big- what if...
hurtsmile- self titled
scheepers- self titled

Um, yeah. If you say so.

Well, you commented (with a good review) on albums that are not even released yet.

But really is this the music you like? Seems pretty far away from the Rolling Stones.

well they ones that aren't out already have new videos/singles floating around online and i've heard a few other tracks. those albums come out sooner in europe than here in the states.

anyways i like all rock. the stones, queen, l.a. guns, mr. big, etc

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 21, 2011 16:27

lsbz
KeefintheNight82

Seems the most interesting of them. I have the regular single CD and would have bought this one if it had been available then.

Great, now I'll have something to compliment my 20th anniversary version:

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 21, 2011 16:44

Mumford & Sons is quite good.
Very interesting and talented.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2091
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home