Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Hilarious - American Idol apologises for 'outrageous' Steve Tyler
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 3, 2011 13:12

Is there a new Aerosmith album coming out? Sounds like Mr Tyler is out for some mega publicity. And we thought Simon Cowell was rude!

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Re: OT: Hilarious - American Idol apologises for 'outrageous' Steve Tyler
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 3, 2011 17:24

I like Joe Perry on his own. Tyler has just sunk to a new low by doing this show. Man...........I drank with this guy many years ago and he was really cool. Waht happened? Must need the $$$

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 3, 2011 17:47

love tyler on ai - didn't think the show could succeed without cowell, but steven and j-lo are doing great with it....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 3, 2011 17:52

StonesTod
love tyler on ai - didn't think the show could succeed without cowell, but steven and j-lo are doing great with it....

That's what I was thinking too

Date: February 3, 2011 17:59

Cafaro
I like Joe Perry on his own. Tyler has just sunk to a new low by doing this show. Man...........I drank with this guy many years ago and he was really cool. Waht happened? Must need the $$$

just out of curiosity - why do you think he's sunk low by doing this show? ai is a top-rated, well-respected institution in the entertainment world. tyler's a top entertainer - seems like a great fit to me.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: February 3, 2011 18:28

Good, now apologize for your awful show.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 3, 2011 18:32

The whole thing sounds like a grab for ratings from the show's producers. If what he did was so bad,why didn't they edit it out? The show was taped monthes ago. They didn't have to show it at all. Just another pathetic move by Fox.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: February 3, 2011 18:38

wow - a tv show trying to boost viewership. will wonders never cease.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: February 3, 2011 19:28

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 3, 2011 19:34

JJackFl
thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: February 3, 2011 19:35

StonesTod
Cafaro

just out of curiosity - why do you think he's sunk low by doing this show? ai is a top-rated, well-respected institution in the entertainment world. tyler's a top entertainer - seems like a great fit to me.

My wife has forced me to sit through hours of Idol and my opinion , Americal Idol embodies 90% of what is wrong with the music business...at least from the consumers stand point. They are searching for the next big manufactured or manufacturable star. They are looking for a pop prince or princess that they can use to sell CD's , cars, juice....etc

I remember watching this woman Crystal Bowersox , one year. I thought she was really good at first but then they started to water her down and by the end of the season, I felt she had lost her edge. To me., AI is the equivalant of record companies that manufacture boys bands, fake rock bands, gooey country bands, and phoney rappers.

Again, just my opinion, but I feel that shows like AI diminish what I love about music and that is a sense of freedom, purity, edge, and emotion. AI is the World Wrestling Federation of music.

I would be extremeley disappointed if Mick went on American Idol.I think I would feel like one my idols sold out (which he did 25 years ago but that is another subject).

I have met and hung out with Steven Tyler on a number of occassions since I was 17, the last time being this past summer. We share mutual close friends and it makes me sort of sad to see him do this because I know how passionate he is about music and what it stands for...............at least I thought I did.

BUT................he is on TV making alot of money, looking at pretty girls and being kept warm and I am sitting here in Mass. working in my grey cubicle, listening to Social D, looking at Vince Ray artwork, and freezing my cabbage off!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 3, 2011 19:41

I've been watching American Idol on ITV2 here in the UK - good, harmless fun, IMO.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 3, 2011 19:41

Cafaro
We share mutual close friends and it makes me sort of sad to see him do this because I know how passionate he is about music and what it stands for...............at least I thought I did.

He seems to get pretty excited when he hears a good singer, so I think the passion is still there.

Date: February 3, 2011 20:50

Cafaro
StonesTod
Cafaro

My wife has forced me to sit through hours of Idol and my opinion , Americal Idol embodies 90% of what is wrong with the music business...at least from the consumers stand point. They are searching for the next big manufactured or manufacturable star. They are looking for a pop prince or princess that they can use to sell CD's , cars, juice....etc

I remember watching this woman Crystal Bowersox , one year. I thought she was really good at first but then they started to water her down and by the end of the season, I felt she had lost her edge. To me., AI is the equivalant of record companies that manufacture boys bands, fake rock bands, gooey country bands, and phoney rappers.

Again, just my opinion, but I feel that shows like AI diminish what I love about music and that is a sense of freedom, purity, edge, and emotion. AI is the World Wrestling Federation of music.

I would be extremeley disappointed if Mick went on American Idol.I think I would feel like one my idols sold out (which he did 25 years ago but that is another subject).

I have met and hung out with Steven Tyler on a number of occassions since I was 17, the last time being this past summer. We share mutual close friends and it makes me sort of sad to see him do this because I know how passionate he is about music and what it stands for...............at least I thought I did.

BUT................he is on TV making alot of money, looking at pretty girls and being kept warm and I am sitting here in Mass. working in my grey cubicle, listening to Social D, looking at Vince Ray artwork, and freezing my cabbage off!

thanks for the response. but, i think you're missing the point of AI and maybe of Tyler hinmself. it's not really a music show - it's a tv show designed to entertain. any redeeming music is just a bonus. tyler's an entertainer first and foremost. both he and the show are doing just fine as entertainment entities.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: February 3, 2011 21:21

StonesTod
Cafaro
StonesTod
Cafaro

thanks for the response. but, i think you're missing the point of AI and maybe of Tyler hinmself. it's not really a music show - it's a tv show designed to entertain. any redeeming music is just a bonus. tyler's an entertainer first and foremost. both he and the show are doing just fine as entertainment entities.

I think Tyler is hilarious. I was a little worried at first that he would be toned down or sound too "corporate", but he's been both funny and kind-of authentic (as much as you can be on national TV at prime time).

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 3, 2011 21:29

Absolutely stupid by American Idol to apology. What was the problem?
Lot's of other things worse than saying f***.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: February 3, 2011 21:31

the joke wasn't funny x)

Date: February 3, 2011 21:33

micwer
StonesTod
Cafaro
StonesTod
Cafaro

I think Tyler is hilarious. I was a little worried at first that he would be toned down or sound too "corporate", but he's been both funny and kind-of authentic (as much as you can be on national TV at prime time).

i agree. a natural comedian. unpretentious. just seems to be genuinely enjoying himself - i guess that offends the "rock'n'roll sensibilities" of a few folks here. it's all just entertainment...tv, rock'n'roll...just a distraction and mental break from the serious and important matters....

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 3, 2011 23:19

I dont blame Tyler for taking the money i guess(after all the entire group was willing to perform with Britney Spears and was it N-Synch? at the Super Bowl) But stuff like that has caused me to lose respect for him as a rocker and has made him a joke I think. Of course I've never watched an entire episode of AI. I'm only been aware of it because of my kids. Its done more to damage music and cause it to become the BS it is now than anything else I can think of.

Date: February 3, 2011 23:35

scottkeef
Its done more to damage music

how so?

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: February 3, 2011 23:58

The "apology" was obviously a joke. Last week Tyler said something like (bleeped) F*ck a duck and see what hatches". So, this week they open with the apology saying it won't happen again, then go right to a clip Tyler doing another "f*ck" reference.

Tod is spot on. The show is about entertainment, but it has launched some pretty major artists over the years. Tyler is a hoot and has rejuvenated a show that had about run its course.

I watch it, but not for the musical value. Its entertainment. A guilty pleasure!

Ross

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: February 4, 2011 00:31

StonesTod
scottkeef
Its done more to damage music

how so?

I think I may have used a poor choice of words trying to express myself.(What a surprise ha ha) I believe its damaged the integrity of music as an art form, possibly? And the integrity of the music business(if there ever was such a thing!) Maybe its a generational thing but it seems to cheapen the process of talented artists paying dues and sharpening their creative skills. I'm sure aware of "manufactured" stars from my generation too(60s-70s) but this thing kinda puts it on steroids! Then again I may be just sentimental and full of sh-t because I can count on one hand the "new" artists that I think could carry water for the rock n roll stars from my generation.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 4, 2011 01:39

Cafaro
My wife has forced me to sit through hours of Idol and my opinion , Americal Idol embodies 90% of what is wrong with the music business..quote]

Ditto...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 4, 2011 03:13

The show is like a terrible car accident. You can't help but turn to look but feel cheap and sullied after being a voyeur into the depths of fast food entertainment. And besides the point that most the music on it completely blows! AI and Glee are two shows that I just don't get into at all.

Date: February 4, 2011 03:22

whitem8
AI and Glee are two shows that I just don't get into at all.

then, if i may ask....why do you watch them?

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: February 4, 2011 03:27

this show, x factor, jesus pop music is at its lowest point ever. what utter shite, Tyler is a complete @#$%& for doing this abortion, I hope Joe perry never works with him again.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 4, 2011 03:37

American Idol: a highly sophisticated life changing show that is now the lynchpin of
American culture, and at that, a fabulous use of time for the
overworked sofa bound American worker, a great opportunity to bury
cheeseburgers and not take the trash out.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 4, 2011 06:22

Our generation of music is just about over, if most is not already anyways. This is what the younger generation wants and enjoys.

The man is 63 years old and he made a career choice that benefits his bank account. I saw Aerosmith a few times in the late 70's and early 80's. "Night In The Ruts" was the last record by them that I purchased. Pretty much from that point on they changed their style. Once "Permanent Vacation" arrived I departed.

Aerosmith will continue. Rock music is littered with broke, has beens, and oldies circuit musicians. I think he made a smart choice and looks very good on the show.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 4, 2011 07:21

StonesTod
whitem8
AI and Glee are two shows that I just don't get into at all.

then, if i may ask....why do you watch them?

Ah, I guess I made it clear, I don't watch them. I can't stand either show. Saw a few episodes, tried to figure out what the fuss was about and bailed after feeling like I ate a ton of cotton candy and needed to detox. Terrible stuff.

Date: February 4, 2011 15:40

no you didn't make that clear at all, but you've rallied to improve your clarity. bigtime opinion based on few data points. well-done.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1136
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home