Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Willie Nelson Busted
Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: September 18, 2006 23:19

Just thought some folks out there in Stones-land would appreciate this. The thing I find amazing is that this hasn't happened more often given his reputation for smoking the herb. Glad he only was cited and not held. Those Southern cops can be tough sometimes.

[www.cnn.com]

LAFAYETTE, Louisiana (AP) -- Willie Nelson and four others were issued misdemeanor citations for possession of narcotic mushrooms and marijuana after a traffic stop Monday morning on a Louisiana highway, state police said.

The citations were issued after a commercial vehicle inspection of the country music star's tour bus, state police said in a news release.

"When the door was opened and the trooper began to speak to the driver, he smelled the strong odor of marijuana," the news release said.

A search of the bus produced 11/2 pounds of marijuana and 0.2 pounds of narcotic mushrooms, according to state police.

A call to Nelson's publicist wasn't immediately returned.

Also cited were Tony Sizemore, 59, of St. Cloud, Florida; Bobbie Nelson, 75, of Briarcliff, Texas; Gates Moore, 54, of Austin, Texas; and David Anderson, 50, of Dallas, Texas.

Each was released after being issued a citation.

Nelson, 73, has recorded songs including "On the Road Again" and "City of New Orleans."

Re: OT: Willie Nelson Busted
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 18, 2006 23:22

Willie and his sister Bobbie doing 'shrooms at 73 & 75!!! Keith is a mere baby next to these two.

Mushroom river take my mind ......

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: September 18, 2006 23:48

And they say old people can't party... And that young people should stay away from drugs... (Because the old guys want it all to themselves???)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 18, 2006 23:55

0.2 pounds of narcotic mushrooms....

Maybe they were making a pizza on the bus....the guys have gotta eat ya know..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 19, 2006 00:14

then after work...the cop who busted Willie the Shroom....stopped off at his local watering hole and proceeded ta git shitfaced.............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-19 00:19 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: September 19, 2006 01:06

It's weird, I heard some comedian making a joke about Willie and weed just yesterday and thought to myself "with the repressive climate in this country, it's a wonder some overzealous cop hasn't busted Willie, since everybody knows he smokes." And then bam, it happened. Willie may want to paint the bus windows black and take his name off the side of it from now. Call it something inconspicuous, like Greyhound.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: September 19, 2006 01:14

I've been thinking the same thing Ohno....but at his age and with all he has already been through with the IRS, I'm guessing he really doesn't give a rat's ass. He'd rather be himself and risk getting busted than be some paranoid person looking over his shoulder all the time.

I know a lady who was one a waitress in a restaurant in Austin, Tx where Willie was a regular. She said he would light up a spliff right there at the table and think nothing of it.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 19, 2006 01:18

Lukester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know a lady who was one a waitress in a
> restaurant in Austin, Tx where Willie was a
> regular. She said he would light up a spliff right
> there at the table and think nothing of it.

That's very cool. People like him and Keith should be above the law.
It's a shame that some people think they have the right to correct them, just because they're wearing a police-suit.

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: September 19, 2006 01:26

There should be an act of congress declaring Willie and Keith's respective buses independent nations free from the laws of the USA

> Lukester Wrote:

> That's very cool. People like him and Keith should
> be above the law.
> It's a shame that some people think they have the
> right to correct them, just because they're
> wearing a police-suit.

Date: September 19, 2006 01:27

I saw a funny item about Willie in the news 2-3 years ago. It talked about Rob Thomas (the singer from Matchbox 20, personally I think he's a weenie but whatever) meeting Willie Nelson and had quotes from both of them. Willie's was first, I can't remember it word for word but it was something like "Rob is a very nice young man, very talented and has a bright future ahead of him, we had a lovely conversation when we met the other day." Rob Thomas' quote (and this is word for word): "We smoked, like, a hundred joints!"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-19 01:36 by ohnonotyouagain.

Date: September 19, 2006 01:29

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> Lukester Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I know a lady who was one a waitress in a
> > restaurant in Austin, Tx where Willie was a
> > regular. She said he would light up a spliff
> right
> > there at the table and think nothing of it.
>
>
> That's very cool. People like him and Keith should
> be above the law.
> It's a shame that some people think they have the
> right to correct them, just because they're
> wearing a police-suit.

I don't think anyone should be above the law, but I do think the law should be changed to reflect reality. Legalize it for everyone. Especially Leonard K. smiling smiley

Posted by: Gecko ()
Date: September 19, 2006 01:31

Busted for narcotic mushrooms and marijuana.
Those crazy Americans...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 19, 2006 01:36

.........laws

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: September 19, 2006 01:40

Marijuana really should be legal, in my opinion. Thank goodness to Oregon and other states that have decriminalized it. I think medical science has proven that alcohol and cigarettes are much more harmful to a person than is marijuana and yet, pot is still illegal.....back in the early 1970's when I first started lighting up I assumed that by now marijuana would certainly be legal. It would be sold just like cigarettes, and the government would tax the hell out of it just like they do with alcohol and tobacco. But no, over 30 years later I'm still lighting up illegally. I misjudged the attitude of lawmakers of my generation....it seems they still cling to the stigma that pot is for bad people, not their constituents..... On the bright side, the pot is much stronger now so you don't smoke as much...and the government is not taxing it. I guess it could be worse.

Date: September 19, 2006 01:42

The government makes a lot more running the "war on drugs" than they would ever take in in taxes, and we wouldn't want all those cops, judges and prison wardens, guards and builders to be out of jobs, now would we?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 19, 2006 02:28

The war on drugs and the war on terror - one is about as successful as the other.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: September 19, 2006 02:45

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> The government makes a lot more running the "war
> on drugs" than they would ever take in in taxes,
> and we wouldn't want all those cops, judges and
> prison wardens, guards and builders to be out of
> jobs, now would we?

they could always start a 2nd career as a pot dealer (with an endless supply from all of their busts).................what would the "little Jeffrey Lebowski" think of this "illegal" nonsense....i think i know the answer.....the dude abides

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-19 02:50 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: September 19, 2006 03:04

every1 on Mushrooms , raise your hand

chippy pic from gig last month

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 19, 2006 03:13

x

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-06 06:33 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: September 19, 2006 07:30

"There should be an act of congress declaring Willie and Keith's respective buses independent nations free from the laws of the USA"

That's so funny! Love it! When I grow up.....I wanna get cited for smoking dope in my seventies! SHIIIIIIIT!

Posted by: TombstoneShadow ()
Date: September 19, 2006 09:23

With the mushrooms....

That is so cool... Willie's trippin' in his 70's, I love it.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 19, 2006 12:21

Shouldn't we have a petition called "Free Willie"? :-)

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 877
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home