Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The real problem is not the songs in the set, its...
Posted by: RadioMarv ()
Date: August 28, 2006 15:27

The number of songs they play. Its seems as if the are down to 19 now. They started at 22 songs and is now at 19. The tickets don't get any cheaper but the set gets shorter.

dramaticly shorter than all the tours since 89-90 while the tickets are far more pricey.

The songs are fine, I think they do a decent job of mixing up the set and still playing the warhorses that the first timers expect, but 19 songs IS NOT ENOUGH for the prices.

well, I geuss that it is since I keep going to every show I can afford that is anywhere near me BUT STILL I think if the set list whiners really need to bitch, it is the number of songs played. If they add 2 or 3 tunes to the set the could afford to play a few more obscure songs.

sorry about the early morning, stoned on weed rant smiling smiley
I am stoked about the 2 USA shows I will see in the fall and thankful for the 10 times I have been able to see the Stones so far in my lifetime but I really do expect more than 19 songs for my $60-$450 seats.

Re: The real problem is not the songs in the set, its...
Posted by: Chav Watch ()
Date: August 28, 2006 15:54

They may only play 19 sonngs but some of them do stretch out. It's not like they are playing 19 3 minute pop somgs is it?

Date: August 28, 2006 16:00

Some of the songs are pretty quick. On the Steel Wheels tour they were playing 27 routinely.

Date: August 28, 2006 16:32

<The tickets don't get any cheaper but the set gets shorter.>

15 minutes shorter (compared to the beginning of the ABB-tour in 2005).

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: August 28, 2006 16:32

The are no problems at all. They deliver amazing rock concerts, that's what counts. I don't care if they play 15 or 25 songs, as long as they play good. And they do, more than good.

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: August 28, 2006 16:37

You're so to the point, The Worst. You're the Best!

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: August 28, 2006 16:37

Which is the point?
Always same bullshit amigos, did you like the concerts, or are you concerned about the number of songs??
Oh my god, give me a break!! enjoy the life, music, time and the Stones, don´t you see it´s a privilege to see and share with them songs and fun?
That´s way here in Spain are different to the rest of the world..., even if they didn´t played in this tour,
Take care,
Carlos
Tenerife, Canary Islands, ESPAÑA

Posted by: Tops ()
Date: August 28, 2006 16:43

thet were almost 20 years older now than in 89....thats a reason...

Posted by: stoned_in_dc ()
Date: August 28, 2006 17:08

19 songs is plenty.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 28, 2006 17:16

Even if they come out and only play one song I'll be happy, because I blindly worship them and support everything they do smiling smiley

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: August 28, 2006 17:24

I already posted it in another thread, but I think it's too true to be shown in just one LOL:

How can anybody offend this policy of the Stones ?
I know, they do shorter setlists in Europe since the 70s, but I just don't get why so many people keep on moaning about us setlist whiners.
I always hear "It does not matter if the show lasted only 100 min as long as it was good", but wouldn't it be better at a length of 120 or 140 minutes ? 22 songs instead of 19 ?
On each of these shows nowadays you get 10 super-warhorses, 2 Keith songs that have been done frequently since nearly 20 years, 2 new songs (Bigger Bang tour !) and 5 songs that are "obscure" while I would say that it was much more risky to play Loving Cup, Can't Turn You Loose or CYHMK in a football stadium or arena than As Tears Go By, Sway, She's So Cold, Night Time (very well known) or Forty Licks-hit LSTNT.
In former days, they really wanted to bring in something new, Keith would change his set permanently, there would be Crazy Mama instead of Start Me Up on the B-stage and half of ABB would already have been performed onstage.
There dominant concerns these days seem to be spots on their noses and not creating an INSTERESTING show to be musically relevant still.
I am really pissed off by the Stones, I wish there would be more people who wouldn't let them get away with this.

Posted by: Jumpin'JackFrash ()
Date: August 28, 2006 17:26

...The people who whine about 20 or 21 versus 19.

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: August 28, 2006 17:53

Carlos Wrote:

Which is the point?
Always same bullshit amigos, did you like the concerts, or are you concerned about the number of songs??
Oh my god, give me a break!! enjoy the life, music, time and the Stones, don´t you see it´s a privilege to see and share with them songs and fun?
That´s way here in Spain are different to the rest of the world..., even if they didn´t played in this tour,
Take care,
Carlos
Tenerife, Canary Islands, ESPAÑA

I couldn't agree with you more Carlos, first I want you to know, I'm an American, I live in Buffalo, NY and we have traveled all over this country and Canada, to see and appreciate our favorite band THE ROLLING STONES, and each and every time we go, we can't wait till the next time!! Because WE LOVE THE ROLLING STONES!! And are Grateful to be a part of the whole experiance of seeing them live! As far as I can tell, the Europeans seem to not appreciate them as much as the States, and now I see as much as Spain.

I don't understand the whining that takes place on this board. If it's not whining about Chuck, and Lisa et.al. it's... Why does Keith dress like that, or is Mick wearing a wig? (yea, right)

Some people don't realize what a privilege it is to see the STONES Live!

I've seen them over 25 times, and I'm again priviledged to be able to see them once again in New Jersey in October. Me and My Guy,are going to see them in a small venue for the first time, it's the Boardwalk Hall in New Jersey. We can't wait! It's the first time we've seen them in a very small place, it only holds like 12,000 people I believe. So It's going to be amazing!
We've seen them in Huge venues and I think the smallest was maybe in Pittsburgh PA. in a small Hockey arena I think it held maybe 18,000. So we are VERY EXCITED!!

We always have a great time when we travel to see our Boys! We cherish every moment together, with each other, and with The STONES!! It's our thing. We know that we are so lucky to be together after all this time, and we know how fortunate we are to be able to see them every time we do!

I still can't understand how some people call themselves fans, and then b!tch about set lists and time, and their clothes and every thing they can think of, and the worst one is when people like Mathijs, call them a Vegas act! Gimme a break!
I'd like to see any one of the whiners on this board to do what the STONES have done and still do it after 40+ years and still bring in the FANS and have the love and admiration that the STONES get!

Its just not ever going to happen again...there will not ever be another ROLLING STONES, that is just a fact. There will be nothing that can outreach them, it is just an energy all it's own, and count yourself lucky if you've seen them once, any more then that is just continuous frosting on the cake of life!!
There is nothing to compare a STONES show with. I mean it's just SO FLIPPIN GOOD! Every time we've seen them it's amazing we always leave the show AWESTRUCK!! Shouting WOOT WOO!! And of course completely exhausted!! Cause Every Show is an Ass KICKER!!!

And Again, thank you ROLLING STONES for making my life ROCK since 1975 when I was almost 13 and had my first concert experience with You! Nothing like losing your concert virginity to the Rolling Stones!! (You will always Love your "first"!!) LOL!!

Rock N Roll Forever!

Mickschick!

On a Personal note...speaking of love... I wanna say it outloud...even though I've said it outloud a hudred times!Thank you too Mr. Wonderful for being the love of my life, my Rock Star, and my Stones Partner! Thanks for every show we've been to, and thanks for loving me, I love you xox

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: August 28, 2006 18:18

They haven't enough money for their retirements. I think they'll must play like in 1965. a show of 30 minutes. They could play four shows a day and don't touch at the ticket prices. 150 Dollars. Oone mintue Hold on. I have Mick on Phone. He is ok for that and could play 5 shows a day if they 2 on 5 are instrumentals shows to save his voice. This nightmare could become reality????

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: August 28, 2006 18:36

Real fans drink their beers and are grateful for what they get.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 28, 2006 19:44

With these ticket prices the minimum must be 21 songs, 19 songs is too short for a band with over 350 songs in their catalog.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 28, 2006 20:22

U.S. crowds are too lame for 22 songs regardless of how much tickets are.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 28, 2006 20:29

martingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Real fans drink their beers and are grateful for
> what they get.

Yes, because that has always been the essence of what the Stones are about - conformity. That's what they have always stood for - shut your mouth, don't ask questions, don't complain, accept things as they are. Glad we are in agreement on this.

Date: August 28, 2006 21:31

Dan...can I call you Dan?

You're a tool.

Posted by: IheartKeith ()
Date: August 29, 2006 04:59

I didn't realize that about the length of the sets. Good point, though.
I know I walk in expecting around two hours. As long as I get a couple hours of ass-kickin' Stone-ness, I will never bitch.
There will always be songs I wish I would hear walking into the venue, but you're crazy if you think I'm walking out of there COMPLAINING that I didn't see those songs! A complaint is the farthest thing from my mind!

Date: August 29, 2006 05:51

I see them both as real problems.Perhaps fixing one problem could make the other less of a problem.
I don't understand people who pronounce themselves as the real fans but,at the same time,say they are fine with fewer and fewer songs.Maybe they are only fans of the Stones themselves and not fans of the majority of their songs?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-29 05:52 by Theif in the Night.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: August 29, 2006 06:19

I agree completely back in 81 they charged a then ourtageous price I think $20 but justified it with a 2.5 hour show. Now it is just 2-3 tradeable shots between the predictable opening and the warhorses. Jesus at least dump let's spend the night and IORR for Saint of Me and Not Fade Away, throw in Time is On my side and a Chuck Berry or motown song and you would leave us happy not hungry.

Date: August 29, 2006 06:46

The real problem is not the songs in the set, it's how we're going to stop the asteroid from hitting earth.

We need a quick, elaborate scenario that will never work.

I'm thinking: Oil Drillers + Drilling Hole in Asteroid + Explosion = Genius.

Date: August 29, 2006 07:24

What will happen first : the asteroid or Let It Loose in concert?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2303
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home