Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dodger Stadium
Date: August 27, 2006 20:53

Is anyone here planning to attend the Dodger Stadium Show this fall? If so, how is dodger stadium for a concert? Do you know if any field seats are available for $175. Thanks

Re: Dodger Stadium
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 27, 2006 20:54

Seats on the side of the field and back towards the B-Stage should be $175.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: August 27, 2006 23:05

Dodger Stadium, is terrible for a concert. Try and get in the front blocks if you can,or for the 175 tickets try and get to the outside of the sections so you be in front of the speakers on the main stage. They did just remodel it though,but i have no idea if they replaced the sound system,if they did it could be a whole different story maybe that's why they are going to film Abb dvd in there, but that's a rumor,what's the heads up on that latly? It kind of makes sense They have alot of friends out here and Don Was live's about 30 minutes from dodger stadium,plus all the easy access to cameras etc... So who know's i'm going to try and get up close, they release the bulk tommorrow at 9:00 o clock A.M. It's 10:00 A.M. just got a e-mail from Ticket master

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-27 23:22 by stonesfrk.

Date: August 27, 2006 23:08

stonesfrk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dodger Stadium, is terrible for a concert. Try and
> get in the front blocks if you can,or for the 175
> tickets try and get to the outside of the sections
> so you be in front of the speakers on the main
> stage. They did just remodel it though,but i have
> no idea if they replaced the sound system,if they
> did it could be a whole different story maybe
> that's why they are going to film Abb dvd in
> there, but that's a rumor,what's the heads up on
> that latly? It kind of makes sense They have alot
> of friends out here and Don Was live's about 30
> minutes from dodger stadium,plus all the easy
> access to cameras etc... So who know's i'm going
> to try and get up close, they release the bulk
> tommorrow at 9:00 o clock A.M.

I know somebody,crucify me, i said my last stadium gig would be Boston,so i lied,i forgot they might film it.

Date: August 28, 2006 03:19

Is anybody here planning on going to this show?

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 28, 2006 03:20

Not if you're there.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: August 28, 2006 04:12

I live in LA part time but I doubt it - Stadium Shows suck big time IMHO. To the best of my knowledge Dodgers Stadium is not any better or worse than any other Stadium for concerts. That's not what they're meant for.....

Date: August 28, 2006 04:56

Does the stadium's sound system matter at all? The sound system that the Stones use travels with the band, right?

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: August 28, 2006 07:52

Since is the second return of the ABB tour to the Los Angeles area (last November, March of this year and now November 2006), I'd love to see some vigourous shifts in the setlist . . . but I'm not expecting that. Call me a whiner, but I'm not happy to see the setlist shrink by one song in Europe, especially after we were led to expect cheaper tickets on this go-round.

For Dodger Stadium, I guess I will go for the cheapest seat I can get inside the stadium.

Date: August 28, 2006 09:01

drbryant Wrote:
> Does the stadium's sound system matter at all?
> The sound system that the Stones use travels with
> the band, right?

Yes the stones travel with there sound system,and it's second to none it's the best out there. If you can tie into the house PA it makes a huge difference,you have twice the sound,plus not as many dead zones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-28 09:10 by stonesfrk.

Date: August 29, 2006 02:03

Has anyone ever seen a concert here. Today I landed four seats in section 41FD row P. Not the best I know, but i'm hoping they will be decent. Cost me $200 a seat after the stupid ticketmaster charges.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: August 29, 2006 05:09

Saw both Stones shows on the BtoB tour at Dodger Stadium and the sound was perfect. I sat 20 rows back from the the second stage on the first night and 10 rows back from the main stage on the second night.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 29, 2006 06:55

I was there B2B first show 15 rows behind B-stage.
The sound was excellent.

Re: Need excellent Dodger Stadium tickets 11/18
Posted by: WilderThanYou ()
Date: August 29, 2006 11:39

I need some excellent seats at hopefully reasonable price to take my daughters. I was lucky enough to take my son to the Wiltern Show, but they have missed out every tour--shame on me!

Posted by: Monkeylad ()
Date: August 29, 2006 15:22

I scored a seat in Row 2 of Section F8 on the floor. Although the seat is to the side of the stage, it's only two rows back. After grumbling about setlists and the lower number of songs that are being performed recently, I find myself excited about this show. This will be the closest I have ever been to a Stones stage, after 31 years of seeing them live.

Weird thing is, the seat was only $99 (plus fees). I would have expected it to be more.

Anyone have experience sitting in a similar seat?

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 29, 2006 19:31

Dodger Stadium sucks balls for sightlines. And I would have to disagree about all stadiums being the same. I would rather see them in the Rose Bowl or even the Coliseum than this place. Side stage seats would be a lot closer to the stage than at Dodger or Anaheim.

Date: August 29, 2006 20:49

Monkeylad Wrote:
> I scored a seat in Row 2 of Section F8 on the
> floor. Although the seat is to the side of the
> stage, it's only two rows back. After grumbling
> about setlists and the lower number of songs that
> are being performed recently, I find myself
> excited about this show. This will be the closest
> I have ever been to a Stones stage, after 31 years
> of seeing them live.
>
> Weird thing is, the seat was only $99 (plus fees).
> I would have expected it to be more.
>
> Anyone have experience sitting in a similar seat?

You have a fantastic seat, and the first 5-10 rows are often $99, but getting one is like winning the lottery. Congratulations.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: August 29, 2006 21:36

I am definitely going to this show and yesterday I completely forgot about the tickets going on sale until 20 minutes after they did. I was hoping to get one of those $99 floor seats that Monkeylad got. Otherwise I won't worry about tickets for this show until the day of the concert.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 29, 2006 22:13

"Otherwise I won't worry about tickets for this show until the day of the concert."

Same here, if I even go. THis time around its not even the most important or most exciting gig of the month.

Date: August 30, 2006 00:00

I'll keep my fingers crossed for an Arena show. I didn't buy tickets, but I suspect that if I am anywhere close to LA on the day, I will be there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home