Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones bios missed opportunities
Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 29, 2006 23:13

For years I've read and enjoyed solid bios - some emphasizing music, some biographical details, some juicy gossip, some cultural import - of Beatles (dozens? hundreds?), Dylan, Hendrix, and others, with studies of tape logs and interviews with engineers and producers and ex-lovers...Eddie Kramer had his brain picked plenty on Hendrix. Did Kramer die recently? I thought, was he ever interviewed for a Stones book? And just since the '90s, we've lost Nicky Hopkins, Jimmy Miller, Billy Preston, Jack Nitzsche, Donald Cammell, J.W. Alexander, Gene Pitney, John Phillips, Chuch Magee, and so many others who've worked with or played with the Stones, people who (Phillips notwithstanding) would have been excellent primary sources for fresh bios of the Stones. Miller wasted away in obscurity while George Martin is knighted. And the lack of imagination and fresh material in so many Stones bios (not that there aren't important, or enjoyable books) over the last 30 years is something I really find frustrating.

Re: Stones bios missed opportunities
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 29, 2006 23:20

Just go out and get'em.
Any day, tell me when & I'm with ya on a project.
I just need the lightnin torch.
I might even have some initial financial ideas.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: August 29, 2006 23:23

Well, I did get to chat w/ Bernard about Nickelbag by phone...and Mac's answered emails...a book signing and eye contact with Wood...It's a 'glimmer'!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: August 29, 2006 23:30

And I got Bill (still got his no.)...
Little chat with ALO; hey, we're on the go!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1521
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home