Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Alice Cooper's Current Setlist for Summer/Fall 2006
Date: August 19, 2006 09:43

For those who will have the honor of seeing Alice as an opener, here is the setlist that he is playing so far (in support of his newest CD "Dirty Diamonds.")

Setlist: (Phantom Of the Opera intro Tape) / Wicked Young Man / No More Mr Nice Guy / Dirty Diamonds / Billion Dollar Babies / Be My Lover / Lost In America / Guilty / I Never Cry / Woman Of Mass Distraction / I'm 18 / You Drive Me Nervous / Is It My Body / Go To Hell / Black Widow Jam / Feed My Frankenstein / Welcome To My Nightmare / "The Piece" (Includes The Awakening / Steven / Only Women Bleed / Steven / Ballad Of Dwight Fry / Killer) / I Love The Dead (Band vocal only) / School's Out / Poison / I Wish I Were Born In Beverly Hills / Under My Wheels

Any ?s on the songs, let me know!

Re: Alice Cooper's Current Setlist for Summer/Fall 2006
Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: August 19, 2006 10:03

saw him at the hollywood paladium in like '70/71... fun show, , the snake he had then must be 2,859 feet long now.....

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 19, 2006 13:53

If someone were only going to buy one Alice Cooper CD, what's the best one to get? I'm looking for some sort of "best of" compilation here.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 19, 2006 14:26

Too top heavy with warhorses. Why not more obscure stuff? winking smiley

Date: August 19, 2006 14:37

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too top heavy with warhorses. Why not more obscure
> stuff? winking smiley

LOL! Actually tho, as a casual fan I only know 8 out of 22 songs and yet I'm excited about seeing him anyway. I think casual Stones fans would feel the same way if the Stones concentrated more on playing a variety of songs. They might only know half or a third of them, but I'm betting they would look forward to and enjoy the show anyway.

Plus, any serious music fan would do what I'm going to do: become more familiar with the songs before the show. I'm planning on getting Cooper's latest release and some sort of anthology, and I'll bet by showtime I'll know at least two thirds of the songs inside and out.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 19, 2006 15:33

Go to allmusic.com, select Alice Cooper, go to the discography section, then compilations, and read the reviews to see what the best "best of" selection is.

(I would go for one that puts more emphasis on pre-1975 Alice Cooper, when "Alice Cooper" was the name of the band, not just the lead singer who went solo with "Welcome to My Nightmare." But that's my opinion.)

You would think all "best-of's" would pretty much be the same. Not true. Sometimes just a variation in one or two cuts can make a world of difference.

Date: August 19, 2006 16:26

loog droog Wrote:
> Go to allmusic.com, select Alice Cooper, go to the
> discography section, then compilations, and read
> the reviews to see what the best "best of"
> selection is.
>

I could do that, but I trust the opinion's of people on here more than on allmusic.com or amazon.com. Any recommendations would be welcome.

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: August 19, 2006 16:29

I have always heard his best stuff is his first 3 studio albums..true or not?

Date: August 19, 2006 16:29

I think "Be My Lover" is one of the all-time great forgotten songs (by radio anyway).

Date: August 19, 2006 17:44

Okay,

the discography is as follows:

*Note--the first two albums were when they were just starting so only die hard Cooper fans usually get to hear a rare gem from them once in a while so the first one to pay attention to is Love it To Death

**Note--I am putting in () the standout or classic songs from each album except in the case of the greatest hits album where I listed all songs.

Pretties for You
Easy Action
Love it to Death (I'm 18, Ballad of Dwight Frye, Is It My Body,)

Killer (Under My Wheels, Be My Lover, Dead Babies, Desperado, You Drive Me Nervous, Killer)

School's Out (School's Out, Luney Tune, Gutter Cats vs. the Jets, Public Animal #9)

Billion Dollar Babies (Elected, Raped and Freezin, Hello Hooray, Billion $ Babies, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Generation Landslide, Sick Things, I Love the Dead)

Muscle of Love (Teenage Lament '74, Man with the Golden Gun, Muscle of Love)

Greatest Hits (I'm 18, Is It My Body, Desperado, Under My Wheels, Be My Lover, School's Out, Hello Hooray, Elected, No More Mr. Nice Guy, Billion Dollar Babies, Teenage Lament '74, Mucle of Love)

Welcome to My Nightmare (Welcome to My Nightmare, Black Widow, Some Folks, Only Women Bleed, Department of Youth, Cold Ethyl, Awakening, Steven, Escape)

Alice Cooper Goes to Hell (Go to Hell, I Never Cry, Guilty, Wish You Were Here, Didn't We Meet)

Lace and Whiskey (Lace and Whiskey, It's Hot Tonight, You and Me, King of the Silver Screen, No More Love at Your Convenience)

Alice Cooper Show (Live album)

From the Inside (From the Inside, Nurse Rozetta, Wish I Were Born in Beverly Hills, How You Gonna See Me Now, For Veronica's Sake, The Quiet Room)

Flush the Fashion (Clones, Headlines, Pain, Model Citizen)

Special Forces (Who Do You Think We Are, Prettiest Cop on the Block, Vicious Rumors, Look at you over there, ripping the sawdust from my teddy bear)

Zipper Catches Skin (Make that Money, Tag Your're It)

DaDa (Former Lee Warner, Dyslexia)

Then after DaDa in 1983, Alice quit drinking one and for all and started releasing even heavier music....the best was yet to come.

Constrictor (Teenage Frankenstein, World Needs Guts, Give It Up, Crawlin', He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask))

Raise Your Fist and Yell (Freedom, Time to Kill, Step on You, Not that Kind of Love, Prince of Darkness, Chop, Chop, Chop, Gail, Lock Me Up, Roses on White Lace)

Trash (Poison, Spark in the Dark, House of Fire, Bed of Nails, This Maniac's in Love With You, Trash, Hell is Living without you, I'm Your Gun)

Hey Stoopid (Hey Stoopid, Love is a loaded gun, Snakebite, Dangerous Tonight, Might as Well Be on Mars, Hurrican Years, Feed My Frankenstein, Die for You, Wind Up Toy)

Last Temptation (Sideshow, Stolen Prayer, Lost in America, It's Me, You're My Temptation, Nothing's Free, Cleansed By Fire)

Classicks (Another assortment of songs put together)

Fistful of Alice (his second live album shot in the Cabo Wabo with Sammy Hagar, Rob Zombie, Slash)

**The Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper (4 Cd boxset with I believe 81 songs)

Brutal Planet (Brutal Planet, Gimme, Wicked Young Man, Sanctuary, Blow Me A Kiss, Eat Some More, Pick Up the Bones, It's the Little Things, Cold Machines, Take It Like a Woman)

Dragontown (Triggerman, Deeperman, Dragontown, Sex, Death, and Money, Fantasy Man, Disgraceland, Sister Sara, Just Wanna Be God, It's Much Too Late, Sentinel)

Eyes of Alice Cooper (What Do You Want From Me, Between High School and the Old School, Man of the Year, Novocaine, Detroit City, Spirits Rebellious, Love Shouldn't Feel Like This, This House is Haunted, Backyard Brawl)

Dirty Diamonds (Woman of Mass Distraction, Perfect, You Make Me Wanna, Dirty Diamonds, Saga of Jesse Jane, Sunset Babies (All Got Rabies), Pretty Ballerina, Run Down the Devil, Steal That Car, Your Own Worst Enemy, Zombie Dance)

Posted by: winter ()
Date: August 19, 2006 19:03

ohnonotyouagain, tough choice for just one to get before the show, but since the setlist includes many songs from them this tour, i'ld reccommend Killer (his most perfect cd) or billion dollar babies (has his most masterful song (title track) and some of his best dark humor) over a greatest hits cd.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 19, 2006 19:10

Poison
School's Out
Billion Dollar Babies
I have his original 70's albums and just love Alice Cooper.
Great to have him as warmup!

Bjornulf

Date: August 19, 2006 19:20

ohno, try "Mascara and Monsters" a pretty complete greatest hits retrospective thru "Poison" (about 1990). 22 songs including all the hits and most of the well known stuff. Many will be surprised at the range of styles and just plain talent on display with this collection.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: August 19, 2006 19:55

... gonna be a great show

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: August 19, 2006 20:18

Coop is palying the Ryman in Nashville the day after Louisville, ON MY WAY HOME!!!

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: August 19, 2006 20:20

Looks great to me. I will be looking forward to seeing him. As only a casual Alice fan, I don't mind the warhoarse heavy setlist. I guess now I know what the casual Stones fan must feel like.

I actually met Alice a couple of years ago. And I met him at church of all places! Alice and his family go to the same church that my family does in Arizona. His wife was speaking and dancing at church that day and I talked to him for a couple of min. He was really nice and didn't look very scary in kakis and a golf shirt. And boy is he small! He makes Mick look like a big guy.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 19, 2006 20:31

I only have "Billion Dollar Babies" on LP

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: August 19, 2006 21:18

chippy pics ,Penns Peak , Throop Pa. 05 ! nice drum solo by Singer dat gig

Its a Family Affair

great 2 c kids @ da shows, i liked dat Ryan Roxy ,2 bad he left

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: August 19, 2006 23:57

Elmo Lewis Wrote:
> Too top heavy with warhorses. Why not more obscure
> stuff? winking smiley

Elmo, I wouldn't call ISMB, BODF, YDMN warhores thses were not played to often when I saw him in the 70's. plus his setlist on his most recent tour was changed up quite frequently. He played Blak JUju and Still got a long way to go. He'll give you more obscure than the Stones will at this point in time.

Date: August 20, 2006 00:54

I think Elmo was being sarcastic!

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: August 20, 2006 03:00

Billion Dollar Babys is a pretty good record.

Date: August 20, 2006 03:59

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
> I think Elmo was being sarcastic!

Your probably right, I should have picke on it.
Thanks OHNO

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 20, 2006 04:44

I've been a huge Alice fan since the early 70's through my older siblings. School's Out album was able to fold out like a desk and the album was in paper panties. Killer had a fold out 1972 calendar with Alice being hanged. Billion Dollar Babies album was in a green foldout wallet with a billion dollar bill as well as some pop out pictures of the band. Along with Love It To Death, these four would be considered "classic" Alice. I would highly recommend these four albums to get an idea of what Alice was about.
Original AC band was excellent. Neal Smith had arguably the largest drum set in rock. Dennis Dunaway was a great bass player, Glen Buxton a very under rated guitarist and Michael Bruce co wrote pretty much all of AC's songs.
This was a band that truly outraged parents and were met with protests in many cities during their tour, although it was all an act. They were all high school lettermen who were on the track and field team.
The Billion Dollar Babies tour of 73 was the largest rock tour up to that point, surpassing the Stones tour the previous year.

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: August 20, 2006 04:46

is nt Cooper a RE-born...??

Date: August 20, 2006 05:17

tat2you Wrote:
> is nt Cooper a RE-born...??

Yes, His father was a Chrstian Minister and He Grand Father an evangelist

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: August 20, 2006 05:26

Alice Cooper was the first concert that I ever attended . 1971 or so in the Boston Garden . We had to take the Greyhound bus because we weren't old enough to drive .

I was really hoping that A.C, Was going to open for the Stones in Foxboro .

Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: August 20, 2006 06:04

My old high school bud is going with me to the Louisville show....she's never been much of a Stones fan so I was very surprised when she said she'd go with me if I couldn't find another friend......she was always a Coop fan, tho, and saw him back during the Welcome To My Nightmare tour (loves to tell me he entered the stage on a bed) - she is beside herself now that we learned he's opening for this gig.....I told her she must have suspected it all along, thus volunteering for a Stones concert after all these years!

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: August 20, 2006 08:29

Best greatest hits record : (the first) "Greatest Hits"

Best album : "Love it to Death"

Next best albums (in no particular order) :
"Wellcome to My Nightmare"
"Billion Dollar Babies"

Honorable Mention : "Killer"

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: August 20, 2006 12:39

Lost In America and Woman of Mass Distraction are newer songs and the highlights of recent shows. Dirty Diamonds and Billion Dollar babies sound like they could have come off the same CD.

Date: August 20, 2006 15:17

boston2006 Wrote:
> Alice Cooper was the first concert that I ever
> attended . 1971 or so in the Boston Garden . We
> had to take the Greyhound bus because we weren't
> old enough to drive .
>
> Mine first was the Billion dollar babies tour 73 at the Boston Garden.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home