Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Are Stones Your Fav band?
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 13, 2006 11:11

I dont have a top ten in my head..but the stones is the best....soul music...blues...Dylan...lots of music out there.

Posted by: Jim Price ()
Date: August 13, 2006 11:42

Funny question !

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 13, 2006 12:06

Yes 43 years,more vinyl,more cds,more dvds,more boots and memories of them than anyone else.I am fond of Dylan too ,42 years nearly as many cds and vynyl as Stones but no boots and I saw him this year I took my 11 year old son and we did not enjoy, too many reworked songs.

Posted by: Chav Watch ()
Date: August 13, 2006 12:13

1.Beatles.
2.Stone
3. Clapton/Cream
4. The Doors
5.RHCPs
6.Madness

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: August 13, 2006 12:50

Number 1. Rolling Stones. They are the essence of rock to me. It ain`t a band that I have spent more time and money on than the Stones.

After Stones there is a lot of bands and styles that I like. King Crimson in one end and Dead Kennedys in the other end.

A strong number two is Motorpsycho.

Then in no order White Stripes, BigBang, Jethro Tull, Nick Cave, GN`R etc...and a lot of the band that allready are mention on this thread.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: August 13, 2006 12:53

favourite band -i guess yes. i haven't done for this for any other artist
[iorr.org]

but there are lots of great artists out there the doors, the clash, the jam, ccr, john fogerty did a great show this year in london, dylan, t.rex and many many more.

there are two things that make the stones a bit more outstanding than the others
1. as they last for so long they have numerous songs and you can discover them each and every day new.
2. the show. all the other shows i've seen were good to great but at a stones show when the opening video starts and keith is hitting the opening chords everytime i still get chicken skin.

no other band or artist has had this effect on me, so to answer this question again

YES they are and will always be my favourite band and no other will ever come close.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-13 12:56 by Roadster32.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 13, 2006 13:28

Yes, I wouldn't know who else. But, I'm a little bit bored nowadays. I've seen them too often I think to appreciate stadium gigs like I used to.

Posted by: Ringo ()
Date: August 13, 2006 14:34

Sure, The Stones are my favourite band and artist. I like a lot of artists, but The Stones are in their own league.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: August 13, 2006 16:46

1) Tie Rolling Stones / Peter Green Era Fleetwood Mac
3) Jimi Hendrix Band of Gypsies
4) Jefferson Airplane /Hot Tuna
5) Faces
6) Muddy Waters (Aka McKinley Morganfield) Band, with Little Walter
7) Little Walter Jacobs Band
8) Freddy King
9) Tampa Red (Aka Hudson Whittaker)
10) tie Steve Earle and the Dukes/ Dight Yoakum (original Band) Social Distortion

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: August 14, 2006 09:58

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-06 08:10 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: August 14, 2006 11:18

Yep, they're my favourites, though I'm struggling at the moment. Guess they've become a life long addiction. Nothing I can do.

Other favourites: 1. Eels; 2. The Black Crowes.

Posted by: neilly43 ()
Date: August 14, 2006 11:25

I think this is a good question. With so much carping going on about them it does make you wonder sometimes where people are coming from. However they are my favourite artistes/band by a mile by having that ability to consistently surprise/interest me. I am always on the look out for news/info about them. They aren't above criticism but that doesn't mean I don't love them to death.
PS I am surpised by Cindy C Paula Abdul infatuation - but she does look a bit like Keef I s'pose...

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: August 14, 2006 11:56

Yes of course! Noone else is even close!

Posted by: 12X5 ()
Date: August 14, 2006 12:57

1. Stones
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Doors
4. Who
5. Beatles
6. White Stripes
7. Kinks

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 14, 2006 13:23

Yes

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 14, 2006 17:28

neilly43 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

PS I am surpised by Cindy C Paula Abdul infatuation - but she does look a bit like Keef I s'pose...

Ack!!!! Don't say that! I only like that one song/video. I am no fan of hers, for the most part, she turns my stomach.

Beelyboy - you're a dead man for that! HAHAHAHA

Date: August 14, 2006 18:02

CindyC Wrote:
> Beelyboy - you're a dead man for that! HAHAHAHA

I guess Beelyboy is down on your list againsmiling smiley Is there any place for me???

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: August 14, 2006 18:21

No one else comes close!!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: August 14, 2006 18:29

tussler Wrote:
CindyC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------
Beelyboy - you're a dead man for that! HAHAHAHA

I guess Beelyboy is down on your list againsmiling smiley Is there any place for me???

Nah, Beely's not off the list - I like a guy who can make me embarrassed. I'll definitely keep you in mind though!

Date: August 14, 2006 18:35

Thanks, I`m gonna take care of the place, but it`s so easy to say something nasty(not evil). And everytime I say something stupid I put the blame on my bad english

Posted by: neilly43 ()
Date: August 14, 2006 19:43

CindyC said:
Ack!!!! Don't say that! I only like that one song/video. I am no fan of hers, for the most part, she turns my stomach.

Me thinks you protest too much!

Date: August 14, 2006 19:57

Yes - since I was 10 in 1966.

No 2 ? I don't know. Kinks, perhaps. Lots of bands, but nobody ever came or comes close. And I do listen to a lot of non-rock music like eg Greek Rembetiko ( : the Greek blues ). I don't know how I could ever compare that with the Stones. Wouldn't make sense....

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: August 14, 2006 20:06

they're a close second behind Freddy & the Dreamers..........i like Gimme Shelter.....but it can't compare to "do the Freddy"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-08-14 20:09 by Leonard Keringer.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: August 14, 2006 20:23

fave band of all time, definitely.

but they have not made it easy: 6 studio releases in 24 years, only 2 of those IMHO have more good songs than bad, the 8 year gap of no touring 1981/82-1989/90, cancellations w/o enough time for me to find out and stop travel, disgusting ticketprices, questionable releases/marketing which should have been classics, and ignoring their better songs from the modern era after a current album tour is done.

of course, there will continue to be missteps and mistakes, and they could even call their next release "the stones hate IORR fan Winter", but because of what they did from 1962-1982 and the 25 or so stones-worthy songs and many additional concert highlights since then, they will always be my longstanding fave.

they have even been my favorite 'artist' during much of the last 25 years, but during lulls of quality or no live shows, 14 others have variously taken that title, depending on my musical obsessions: swervedriver (RIP), smiths (RIP)/morrissey, neil young, pixies, dylan, peter gabriel, royal trux (RIP), the cure, the cocteau twins (RIP), and several veteran artists who returned to form or re-emerged in the mid-to-late '90's: bowie, jeff beck, patti smith, kraftwerk, king crimson.

Posted by: paco ()
Date: August 14, 2006 20:55

Yesssssssss

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: August 14, 2006 20:57

...... no doubt ive asked moronic questions before,, but geezzz

Date: August 15, 2006 12:01

Favorite band: The Stones
Favorite artist: Nick Drake

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 15, 2006 13:53

Love lots of stuff, but nobody else is even close.

Date: August 15, 2006 13:57

favorites in order

1 rolling stones
2 megadeth
3 kiss
4 twisted sister
5 quiet riot
6 willie nelson
7 guns n roses
8 led zeppelin
9 johnny cash
10 van halen

thats close but every week it chages the last few positions. prince, every mothers nightmare, beatles, def leppard, poison, motley crue, pantera, metallica make their way up in the top 10 too.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 15, 2006 13:57

Spinal Tap

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2382
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home