Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Dangerous Beauty
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 25, 2006 02:46

Colleen, huh? I like it. Are you Irish?

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: July 25, 2006 03:09

The Stones,The Who,Paul a tribute to themselves?hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ,first and foremost they are playing songs they wrote!!!hahahahahahaha, they all are survivors and are intitled.PS Dangerous Beauty is a cool song with mick on bass and rhythmn guitar ,I think it's a Mick riff, Good rocking tune like IT Won't take Long....

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: July 26, 2006 16:36

Yes Elmo, it is Irish.It means Irish Girl. My Father named me. Thanks for liking it.

And to you curtis, Thanks! You get it, some people just refuse to understand...(That would be you Mathijs!!LOL!!)

Take Care,
Mickschick!

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: July 26, 2006 19:45

...well, Lisa certainly cant be classified as a tenor.

Have to echo Mathijs's sentiments toward her too-- dont care for her even a smidge. And the crowd cheers everyone that shows *some* pipes, regardless of whether she butchers Gimme SHelter to the point that the only version I could ever stand was the album original...

... that said, the horn section does have it's moments. On songs like Bitch and Rocks off, it's always been great. People on here always seem to forget that Everyone's Favorite Album in the World is chock full of backing vocals and horns...

And nevermind 1986+, what's wrong with the pre '68 Stones, anyway?

Posted by: sunnybandyo99 ()
Date: July 27, 2006 15:28

I asked something and it went other way.Who gave the riffs in dangerous beauty.

Posted by: midrambler ()
Date: July 27, 2006 16:24

I like the song. It seems close to YGMR!. Yeah! just listen the Voodoo Brew version (slow version 11 min long).

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 27, 2006 17:00

midrambler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the song. It seems close to YGMR!.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: July 27, 2006 17:18

I also think that doesn't do justice to YGMR.

I think DB is one of the less impressive tracks of ABB.

Date: July 27, 2006 17:19

I disagree 100% !!!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 27, 2006 17:27

The riff reminded me of a Stereophonics song at the beginning. And I also actually think the riff is a bit weak, not loud enough. It's not one of my favourites on ABB but still a decent song in my opinion.

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: cbtaco19 ()
Date: July 27, 2006 18:47

From the first time I heard Dangerous Beauty, I thought it should be a single.

Think about it, if they hired a big name producer to do a video full of Iraq / Abu Ghraib imgagery and some shots with a Lindey Englund look-alike it would be front page news and immediately go into heavy rotation on VH1. The notoriety would most likely translate into some radio airplay (at least as much as Rough Justice got if not more).

This is a no-brainer, the Rain Fall Down and upcoming Biggest Mistake singles have not / will not translate into a single additional album sold. They should put me on the payroll!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-27 18:50 by cbtaco19.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 27, 2006 19:10

:-D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-27 19:17 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Mickschick ()
Date: July 27, 2006 19:54

I Love Rain Fell Down, I'm listening to it right now as a matter of fact. Its a great song. Very visual, And Mick sounds great, plays great. God I LOVE THAT MAN!

Posted by: mago ()
Date: July 27, 2006 23:30

I´m about to pack my things to travel to Amsterdam and see the Stones for the first time this year. It would be just great if they played a tune like Dangerous Beauty, even if I´m holding It wont be long and Laugh I nearly died higher. My wife holds DB as the number one track on BB. Others here have mentioned LWCDI and Driving to fast. Together with OONYA which they are playing regularly these are IMO the six best tracks on the album.

But it´s not looking like we are going to here any of them. Instead they have chosen Streets of love which I think is one of the crappiest songs ever released by the Stones, a pop song. And they released Biggest Mistake as a single, another lousy track.

Is the reason that Mick Jagger has bad taste? The two examples can not appeal to younger people, something they still care about. Stones are hopelessly out among people younger than 35. Or are there other reasons, Mathijs should know, for instance that they are not able to play some of the better tracks.

At the only concert in the U.S. I attended, the Seattle show, they did a fantastic version of ONNYA. However the American audience was quite chilly regarding the new songs. Maybe the Stones camp have drawn the conclusion that there audience today are people seldom going to rock concerts and that they are happy with a hit parade as it is. Myself I saw Guns & Roses recently for the first time, a fantastic rock concert. However it was really a hit parade, but not having seen them before that suited me very well.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: July 28, 2006 06:25

How happy would you be if they played "Dangerous Beauty," but really badly?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 28, 2006 07:06

cc Wrote:
> How happy would you be if they played "Dangerous
> Beauty," but really badly?

I would be very badly happy then.

Posted by: Tomppa ()
Date: July 28, 2006 12:00

Dangerous Beauty a good song? Come On! Along with Sweet Neo Con clearly the poorest track on the album!

Date: July 28, 2006 12:25

<asked something and it went other way.Who gave the riffs in dangerous beauty>

The chords, you mean. Sounds like Jagger to me. Keith plays the first four strokes, and Jagger comes in with the single-string stops. Actually, Keith plays the riff from You Got Me Rocking, but the ending of it, I'm sure Mick wrote.

Date: July 28, 2006 20:33

DandelionPowderman Wrote:
> >
> The chords, you mean. Sounds like Jagger to me.
> Keith plays the first four strokes, and Jagger
> comes in with the single-string stops. Actually,
> Keith plays the riff from You Got Me Rocking, but
> the ending of it, I'm sure Mick wrote.

The ending of the song or the ending of the riff?

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 28, 2006 21:49

Outside of Rough Justice, Dangerous Beauty is the song from ABB I keep coming back to the most. I don't understand a Stones fan not liking it.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 29, 2006 01:46

Shawn20 Wrote:
> Outside of Rough Justice, Dangerous Beauty is the
> song from ABB I keep coming back to the most. I
> don't understand a Stones fan not liking it.

shawn, i completely agree about DB (except the part about RJ -- i'm a little bored with that track). how a stones fan can not like DB is a complete mystery. it has a killer riff from keith that grabs you by the throat, then mick chimes in and takes an acetylene blowtorch to this pathetic woman who represents the lowest form of human life, and all the while charlie is playing like he's possessed!!

i should add that DB is a track that i love more every time i hear it. (in contrast to RJ, which i loved from day 1 but now seems a little less exciting).

drew

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 29, 2006 04:32

cc Wrote:
> How happy would you be if they played "Dangerous
> Beauty," but really badly?

really happy - it would mean they would never play it again!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 29, 2006 04:44

I agree "Dangerous Beauty" is a great song. The riff is somewhat reminiscent of JJ Cale's "Cocaine." I don't really hear YGMR in there...although Ronnie appears to play the exact same slide solo on "Rough Justice" as he does in YGMR. A bit like the way Alan Rogan's solo on "Fight" is virtually identical to Woody's solo on "Too Tough" or Wayne Perkins' solos on "Hand of Fate" and "Worried About You" also tend to mirror one another. The other familiar thing in "Rough Justice" is Keith recycles some of his "Brown Sugar" fills. Nothing wrong with borrowing from the best...especially when its yourself.

Date: July 29, 2006 04:48

Alan Rogan?

Posted by: lonecrapshooter ()
Date: July 29, 2006 06:03

Mathijs Wrote:
> JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Mathijs Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > The best track together with Look What the
> Cat
> > > Dragged in, She Saw Me Coming and Driving Too
> > > Fast. The Stones have become a joke for
> playing
> > > only 35 year old hits and not these terrific
> > songs
> > > of their new album.
> > >
> > > Mathijs
> >
> >
> > Well they don't play 35 year old songs ONLY.
> They
> > do have some rare stuff and some new stuff, and
> > it's great. What I think is a joke is people
> > hanging around a Stones site telling everyone
> they
> > have become a joke...
>
> Because I am a big fan of the Stones before they
> became this Vegas act. And as far as I am
> concerned, their legacy from '68 until '86 still
> is important and large enough to stick around
> here.
>
> Mathijs

well I first saw the Stones in 89 and think everything since then is worth sticking around for. why do you call them a vegas act if they don't play vegas only..they're are a world juggernaut..an irrepressible force...enjoy the stones tsunami while you still can or get the hell out of the way

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 29, 2006 06:33

Alan Rogan was a guitar roadie The Stones used in the Eighties. Like Pierre DeBeauport, he was given his moment to shine. He's even credited on the inner sleeve of DIRTY WORK. Musician's 1986 cover story noted he plays the solo.

Date: July 29, 2006 06:46

I can't recall the "Fight" solo at the moment... I think first of the "Hold Back" solo, which is pretty cool. It seems surprisingly sporting that they give these moments to the roadies.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 29, 2006 13:03

Alan Rogan does not play on "Fight". Alan Rogan did bass duties at rehearsels when Bill Wyman wasn't around, but he did not end up on the album on any song. The solo is by Keith.

Mathijs

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 29, 2006 16:11

yeah, i think that article in 'musician' was incorrect, rocky. but your comparisons of guitar solos are on target.

drew

Date: July 29, 2006 16:39

lonecrapshooter Wrote:
> well I first saw the Stones in 89 and think
> everything since then is worth sticking around
> for. why do you call them a vegas act if they
> don't play vegas only..

the term as its generally intended is an expression of an attitude or state of mind in terms to their art, not an expression solely limited by geography

Calling someone a 'vegas' act is meant as being somewhat of an antithesis to a 'rock n roll' act and what THAT would be expected to represent.

The Stones still of course play rock n roll pretty well, but theyve definitely fleshed out their act like a 'revue' in recent years. Plus their modus operandi has changed dramatically of late in terms of presenting a show and tailoring it for a certain type of audience

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1482
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home