Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Amsterdam gig not sold out?
Posted by: Mickerdicker ()
Date: July 27, 2006 10:27

The firs idea was that the Stones would play in Amsterdam on july 30 (sunday). This concert was sold out within 30 minutes or something. Than they added july 31 for a extra gig. This concert never was sold out. Because of a palm tree, they cancelled the july 31 show and moved the sold out sunday july 30 gig to monday july 31.

And now the papers/media in Hollad say that this concert is not sold out...how can this be...it is a sold out show which only is moved to a day later.

Maybe I am stupid? smiling smiley

Greetzz,
Mickerdicker

Re: Amsterdam gig not sold out?
Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: July 27, 2006 10:48

The first show never sold out. Surely not in 30 mins. That story was pure marketing. Sure there were moments no tickets were available, but they were either reserved or held back for general sales. Then came the 2nd show on Aug 1. Never sold a lot of tickets. Only FOS seemed to be sold out and a few seats, but for all areas tickets came back from the pre-sale offices. Everybody who is into the stones expected the 2nd show to be cancelled or the tickets given away in a lottery, what happened during Licks. Almost one stadium full of tickets spread over all shows were given away.

Currently there are still tickets for the ArenA. Even FOS pops up every now and then. Just keep checking the ticketmaster website regularly.

Cheers

Peter

Posted by: sluissie ()
Date: July 27, 2006 10:48

MOJO, and I'm sure other promotors too, ALWAYS say shows have been sold out in less than an hour. It's a lie, and they know it. It's just to boost sales for an eventual second show. They can always put thousands of tickets through the drain. (The drain that is called sponsoring.) They did it in 2003, in Amsterdam. Tens of thousands of tickets were sold to the lottery, and to a certain Amsterdam bank, who just gave them away as prices.

But I suppose they won a nice show.

Jelle

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: July 27, 2006 10:51

ECHO Arena !!!

Posted by: Alan Passaro ()
Date: July 27, 2006 10:51

not sure, but i'm working security, so BEHAVE

Date: July 27, 2006 11:16

He Peterh, this is what I call 'synchrone-posting'... ;-)

Posted by: Mack Jigger ()
Date: July 27, 2006 12:15

Alan Passaro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not sure, but i'm working security, so BEHAVE

Hey Alan, still using these?

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 27, 2006 12:16

Call me dumb, but what is the use in saying the show's sold out if you want to sell tickets?

Posted by: sir_carlos ()
Date: July 27, 2006 12:19

Bad to make a DVD of a show that is not sold out....

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 27, 2006 12:26

sir_carlos Wrote:
> Bad to make a DVD of a show that is not sold
> out....

They hand out free tickets if it isn't sold out, for radio stations to give away, and stuff.

Date: July 27, 2006 12:45

Claiming the sell-out is done when a second concert, with separate sales, is planned. It adds to the coolness of the event, so everybody thinks: 'man, how stupid am I that I did not buy tickets at the first possibility. Now I have to make sure I get me some on the second sale!'

It generates a raise of attention from the media, and it gives them the opportunity to promote thousands of last chances to buy ticks to the long sold out show...

Smart move, isn't it...?

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 27, 2006 12:58

No show is sold out I think

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 27, 2006 13:22

So Bergen Norway is no show? It is completely totally 100% sold out since all tickets went in 30 minutes on the day of the sales. They changed the date but I think everybody is going still. At least I have never seen tickets on sale for that show after they sold out:
[www.bergenlive.no]

Bjornulf

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: July 27, 2006 13:33

bv Wrote:
> So Bergen Norway is no show? It is completely
> totally 100% sold out since all tickets went in 30
> minutes

20 minutes from what I've heard...

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 27, 2006 13:40

A big reason why there could be tickets is that when they first went on sale back in December, many people probably over bought extra tickets, whether they were actual fans or scalpers/touts. In the case of both fans and touts, when the date of this show was changed, they were able to get refunds on their tickets. For fans, in those many months since tickets went on sale, maybe plans changed and now they are no longer stuck with having to get rid of the tickets themselves, because they can return them to the ticket seller for their refund. In the case of touts, after the second show was added and did not sell out, they realized that supply outweighed demand and when the date was changed and the second show cancelled, it gave them a way to get their refund and not have to risk taking a loss in selling their tickets.

Combine both of these groups of people with people who due to the date change are no longer able to attend and you could end up with thousands of tickets that the ticket seller now has to put back on the market. You can add in the tickets that are always held out from the original public sale to this amount as well to make up what is currently available for sale.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 27, 2006 13:59

I've bought my FOS tickets for Amsterdam last week!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 27, 2006 14:18

Ok, Bergen is sold out, sorry. But with a capacity of 20.000 it's not that hard.
If they decided to play twice in Ahoy than it would be sold out in less than half an hour too.

Date: July 27, 2006 14:45

I think if they'd decided on any other place than the ArenA, they would have selled out 2. The Dutch got a great discussion going in the media, also thanks to www.stonesforum.nl about the bad accoustics in the ArenA. Everybody I come across tells me about the bad accoustics in the ArenA, even if they've never been there. Go figure! Alright, the ArenA have installed some stuff that helps to reduce the echo partly. In the FOS area, I didn't hear significant more echo as any other stadium, but I was told that on the stands it can still be severe.

Anyway, as a Dutchy I can not bail out, not even out of the ArenA.

CU there after Paris.

P

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: July 27, 2006 16:25

One of the things the Stones do to sort of sabotage the scalpers business, is to release a few tickets now and then up till the day of the show. And remember that some of the scalper companies (Let's call it by it's right name) have panicked, when they realise they're not going to be able to sell tickets at 600 Euros a piece. So they don't pick them up from the official ticket agencies, who then put them up for sale.

Posted by: Marnix ()
Date: July 27, 2006 16:36

They are less then 2000 tix avaliable right now and I'm sure the Arena will be sold out monday!

Date: July 27, 2006 16:51

See you there guys, after Paris of course. Leaving now!

Jelle

Posted by: beauty ()
Date: July 27, 2006 18:15

About the second planned arena concert - only 8000 tickets were sold....that's the true reason it's cancelled!

Posted by: Gricha ()
Date: July 27, 2006 20:10

Just to make sure, I have tix for the July 30 show, they are OK to get to the July 31st show????

Grichka >> [collateral-interference.blogspot.com]

Date: July 27, 2006 20:26

YES

Date: July 28, 2006 09:28

Peterh Wrote:
> YES

This is for sure???

Posted by: Mickerdicker ()
Date: July 28, 2006 11:06

All tickets for the "sunday july 30" show are valid for the "monday july 31" show.

All tickets for the second show are not valid because there is no second gig anymore in Amsterdam. This show is cancelled.

In other words: the originally planned first sunday july 30 gig is now the monday july 31 gig . And the second show is cancelled...which was originally planned for monday july 31.

So...no worries!

Mickerdicker

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 28, 2006 11:58

beauty Wrote:
> About the second planned arena concert - only 8000
> tickets were sold....that's the true reason it's
> cancelled!

And I was one of them....two days to go!!!!

Date: July 28, 2006 14:41

Good and thank you.
I dont want any bad surprise after the headaches I had to go through with the Varsaw and Brussels cancelation.
If I drive from Brussels to Amsterdam, I want to see them.
Same time (7PM)?????

Grichka >> [collateral-interference.blogspot.com]

Posted by: stanton ()
Date: July 28, 2006 15:04

Hi
New memeber here.

I just got back from the Post Office (The Hague) after getting my ticket for Monday in Amsterdam.

According to the dutch lady I spoke to in the Post Office, there are still plenty of tickets left for Monday night.

Posted by: scelsa ()
Date: July 28, 2006 18:06

They only sell out in the USA

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1515
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home