Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Drinks into the stadium
Posted by: Hadde ()
Date: July 19, 2006 09:27

Is it possible to take (alcoholic) drinks (e. g. tetrapacks or plastic bottles) within the stadium?

Hadde

Re: Drinks into the stadium
Posted by: ron091 ()
Date: July 19, 2006 09:42

The short answer is "no" They will take all your drink bottles, thermos or any other containers from you. They say it is for "security" but the real reason is so they can sell you more at highly inflated prices inside.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 19, 2006 09:44

Don't think so.
But talking about drinks in the stadium, in Milan you could buy cans of beer. Very strange considering people have been throwing things in the past

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: July 19, 2006 09:50

Apropos going to stadium conserts:

Is it neccesary to have documentation / ID going to conserts in Berlin - both in regards to coming into the stadium and buying drinks......??

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 19, 2006 09:56

Not for coming into the stadium but for buying beer? In Chicago a 61-years-old friend of mine had to show his ID to buy drinks. But that's the USA I guess.

Posted by: voodookeef ()
Date: July 19, 2006 12:09

My experience was during the years that in Germany they are very strict concerning bottles (glass AND plastic). In Munich they allowed 0,5L plastic bottles but no bottles larger than that. So if you fill in some alcohol in plastic bottles of 0,5L it will be no problem. Tetra is always allowed. In Milan they didn't check any bags at all so it would have been no problem to bring even 1,5L containers!

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: July 19, 2006 12:20

"In Chicago a 61-years-old friend of mine had to show his ID to buy drinks. But that's the USA I guess."

That was my experience as well (me 40 y.o.).... couldn't understand it.... almost ruined my consert, but then I got another one to buy me a beer and my day was saved - absurd.....

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 19, 2006 12:35

that ID-jobsworth mentality is more an American thing, where some vendors insist on seeing ID cards. I doubt youd have any such problem in Europe, presuming you at least LOOK like an adult.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: July 19, 2006 12:40

Mandy Smith wouldn't have had to show her ID. - hehe

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 19, 2006 19:37

If the frisk isnt too tight, take in some whisky and buy a coke inside. I've done that a few times.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 19, 2006 19:41

I'm surprised you (fl)ask

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 19, 2006 20:54

it depends on the stadium, in milano everything was allowed, they didnt check that well and were selling cans of heineken inside the stadium..

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 19, 2006 21:26

In England drinks not allowed.Nor recording equipment. But when did that stop anyone. But be prepared for a search. In light of last years terrorist attacks.

Posted by: mjol ()
Date: July 19, 2006 21:34

Slightly OT, but.. I was thinking of bringing a small digi cam (Canon Ixus) to the concert in Berlin.. Guess this will be ok ?

- mjOL

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 19, 2006 21:47

I never bring anything to a Stones gig for fear of not getting in. But when I'm in everywhere I look people have got camcorders or something they shouldnt. He you dares wins. Except for me.

Posted by: soundcheck ()
Date: July 20, 2006 02:19

.... in LA, at the forum, hollywood bowl and anneheim, they were just concerned about guns being brought in, very relaxed....,,,, everyone had at least a pint inside!

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: July 20, 2006 02:51

open-g Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mandy Smith wouldn't have had to show her ID. -
> hehe

She probably had to show something else...

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: July 20, 2006 08:57

wouldnt taking a few joints in be much easier??

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: July 20, 2006 13:32

mandu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wouldnt taking a few joints in be much easier??

Of course it is, I always do that, but you need a bit more non-alcoholic refreshments...

Posted by: jacopo ()
Date: July 20, 2006 14:20

in munich i can't take my bottle into the stadium, and then i have to pay 5.80 euro for a glass of water!!!!!!! infamous

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: July 20, 2006 14:58

Can you take 0,5 litre plastic bottles with water? On Licks they allowed that. I'm not willing to pay 5.80 for water and when it's hot I drink a lot of it...

And are small backpacks allowed? I hope so, they were allowed in Vienna and I need to bring an extra T-shirt, toothbrush and some other stuff. If they don't accept that I hope there is at least a deposit office...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-20 15:00 by Adams.

Posted by: barking paul ()
Date: July 20, 2006 15:25

any thoughts about the policy regarding taking 'drinks in' for Stade de France in Paris?

Posted by: bartfrombrussels ()
Date: July 22, 2006 19:03

In the 3 German concerts I had a water brick (1,5l) with me and could take it inside. No problem.

Inside a beer er costs 6 euro. In 1999 it was 3 DM (1,5 Euro)! TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN!!!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 22, 2006 19:09

Just take some plastic water bottles filled with alcohol that looks like water, the alst time I was in Amsterdam it was not aloud to take any drinks but when I did it it was no problem.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 22, 2006 19:09

No problem at all!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home