Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie solo?
Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: July 13, 2006 12:17

One of the things I miss nowadays are more solo from Ronnie. I just had a look at the 81 tour, and he played lots of great solo. Recent tours Keith does that, more or less focused... I miss the Ronnie/Keith duelling, with both guitars equally loud, and the distinct Ronnie solo on several songs. It's too much Keith solo. That also has the effect that we hear less Keith riffing. That's even more disturbing.

Re: Ronnie solo?
Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: July 13, 2006 13:22

you won't find me disagreeing! i listened to hampton '81 for about the millionth time yesterday . . .great guitar work from both of the boys! (i think you could still credibly call them boys then!)

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 13, 2006 13:28

Ron did most of the solos as I recall at the shows I saw in summer '05, and was terific - Keith did more when I caught a pair of show 6 months later

Posted by: Pokalheld ()
Date: July 14, 2006 00:25

To compare 1981 with now is always funny smiling smiley But if you want to count to solos, then you will see that Ronnie still does most of them.

Keith: Sympathy, Honky Tonk, ONNYA, You Got Me Rocking, IORR

Ron: Rough Justice, YCAGWYW, Worried About You, Wild Horses, Start Me Up, Miss You, Tumbling Dice, Happy, This Place Is Empty

Posted by: PrivatePaula ()
Date: July 14, 2006 04:13

Dear father in heaven. Please make Mr. Wood stop drinking and start playing guitar (again). Dear Lord; I will not break any of Your ten rules within the next 48 hours, if you make my wish come true!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 14, 2006 11:25

yes completely right
listen to the 75/76 shows where ROnnie was playing like Taylor
then 81 and the interact Ron/keith
now it is over, it's sometimes an unlistenable mix with just Ronnie partly playing.
Some efforts : can't you hear me knocking on licks tour, sway this year. But nothing really serious.
however ronnie is great on his DVD with Slash.

There's been good times there's been bad times...

Posted by: Pokalheld ()
Date: July 14, 2006 18:39

Do you really think, Ronnie was playing guitar better on the Far East DVD than on the last two Stones tours?

Posted by: Keith The Beast ()
Date: July 14, 2006 19:21

I don't think the problem is that Ronnie is not soloing as much as before, I think the problem is that Keith is soloing more than before and playing less rhythm guitar. Lots more of Chuck Berry's licks and not enough good old Keith Richards riffs! What he plays while Mick is singing is as good as what he plays when Mick’s not singing but he is playing less of it. And that's my only complaint really.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: July 15, 2006 01:39

Keith The Beast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think the problem is that Ronnie is not
> soloing as much as before, I think the problem is
> that Keith is soloing more than before and playing
> less rhythm guitar. Lots more of Chuck Berry's
> licks and not enough good old Keith Richards
> riffs! What he plays while Mick is singing is as
> good as what he plays when Mick’s not singing but
> he is playing less of it. And that's my only
> complaint really.

I agree with Keith the Beast 90%.........plus Ronnie is not making the effort on a consistent basis.

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: July 15, 2006 12:11

Ronnie rules! Everyone has a night or two off, but without Ronnie there would be no Stones.

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: July 15, 2006 12:25

Ronnie was great yesterday! He did definitely more solos than during Licks, if I remember correctly he did at least half of the solos. It seems that rehab really worked for him. He played lead not only in the new songs but in many of the old ones and his guitar was equally loud as Keith's in the mix yesterday.
Maybe I am still a bit enthusiastic because of the luck I had with the Vienna show but it was almost like in the old days, we even got some minor guitar duelling between Keith and Ron (Night time, BTMMR)... See Chris Tresper review, it is very well written and it says all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home