Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

First Rolling Stones guitar
Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: July 1, 2006 06:27

Who is the first guitarrist in the Rolling Stones?, i always thought it was Keith but this lattest years Ronnie plays the main solos and chorus, who do you think is the first guitarrist?, sorry my bad english i hope you can understand...

Re: First Rolling Stones guitar
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 1, 2006 06:28

What do you mean by 'first guitarist' ?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 1, 2006 07:06

what do you mean by "main solos"?

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-01 07:24 by with sssoul.

Date: July 1, 2006 07:20

The Sway solo, Start Me Up solo, Shattered solo....

Date: July 1, 2006 07:23

what makes those in particular the "main solos"??

sure Ronnie plays lead sometimes, and Keith plays lead other times - that's how it's always been,
and there's nothing "secondary" about the way Keith holds down that rhythm.

The band is built around a two-guitar sound, itself an extension of Richards' own uniqueness. He helped blur forever the line between lead and rhythm guitar, substituting a riffing technique in which melodic embellishments are grafted onto a rigorous rhythmic treatment of chords, partial chords and low-register lines. Keith's most obvious influence is Chuck Berry. The original Carol is a textbook of Berry's double-string licks and was covered on The Rolling Stones, the debut album. Keith has had a taste for Berry flavoring ever since ... Chuck Berry adapted boogie-woogie piano techniques for the guitar's lower register, and this distinctive two-string rhythm pattern became another Stones staple. Richards made his mark on its development by sometimes slowing it down, piledriving the downbeat, and stoking up the tone to a grand raunch: a-ronk, a-ronk, a-ronk.
- Tom Wheeler, music critic, Guitar Player Magazine

from [www.timeisonourside.com] (which you might want to read, Sender)

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-01 07:25 by with sssoul.

Date: July 1, 2006 08:43

thanks for the answer, i know that website, i think Keith is secundary, yes, because Ronnie does the main job, i always see the dvds and the TV show Keith where there is a solo but Ronnie is playing!...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-01 08:44 by SeNdEr.

Date: July 1, 2006 08:54

you haven't been paying much attention, have you

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: July 1, 2006 09:11

Sorry guys! I have the set list here from BlondieShow #55 Atlanta. Number one it just depends on what night you see them. Isaw 15 shows on a Bigger Bang and the night keith does the leads the whole Dynamic of the show is better. The band just rises to another level check out Fresno 05 then you will know what time it is! JJF Split LSTNT split iorr keith ONNYA Keith Sway Woody WAY Woody TD Split MR mainly keith NTITRT Keith TPIE split Happy Keith MY split RJ Woody GOMC Keith HTW Keith Sympathy Keith SMU Woody Satisfaction Keith for about 8 minutes CAGWYW Woody BS split. And my friends that was a woody night.Keith has been doing alot more then this show. I don't know but that"s 9 to 4 to keef The rest is a split decision. Like i said this was a Woody night because of sway and worried about you. Pretty simple math it's Keith!

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: July 1, 2006 11:12

They're both first.

You dig?!

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: July 1, 2006 11:19

With ssoul. Nicely said about Keith. The melodic embellishments rythmic treatment of chords and the partial chords and low register lines. A perfect example of this is the copa cabana show opener to JJF and listen at the end wear he throw's these half steps in and it's just a total mind blower with the chords. He blow's everone mind in that gig right from the get go it's like an encore!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: July 1, 2006 13:45

Keith sometimes plays out of tune, sometimes makes mistakes, doesn't always construct solos with as much care as folks would like...but the thing he never loses, which is his unique gift, is the TIMING. Keith simply swings like no other player in rock, past or present. It's the feel, pure feel.

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: July 1, 2006 14:20

The Stones has never had a lead-guitarist and a rythm guitarist. But early seventies when Keith was in bad shape, Mick Taylor did most of the job. But on Honky Tonk Women and Sympathy For the Devil, there is always Keith doing the guitar solo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1629
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home