Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

FRANCE versus SOUTH KOREA
Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: June 19, 2006 10:37

I can't understand why these old fat FIFA managers refuse to use the video for the WC, the greatest soccer tournament.
I mean it's the best way to avoid mistakes which have serious consequences at the end of a game.

yes once more the referee sucked in this game.

I admit that France was not good but there was a valid goal refused by the referee. It should have been 2-1 for France. And it made things different.

With the video, they would've accepted this goal for sure.

Re: FRANCE versus SOUTH KOREA
Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: June 19, 2006 10:43

France is the worst team in the WC, it was horrible to see Zidane or Henry today...oh yeah Barthez was horrible!!!!!!

Date: June 19, 2006 11:13

Horrible to see Henry??? He was one of the few good french players...

Posted by: TooMuchAlcohol ()
Date: June 19, 2006 12:03

France team is full of great players, but I don't understand why they are playing so spiritless. There are no emotion in they playing at all. I am still hoping that they will make to the second round however.

About Henry: he is one of the leading players in the world, but he hasn't played too well in this tournament so far. Hope he would improve.

stonefan, yes it was a goal, but the main thing why France didn't won the game was that they didn't play very well. It wasn't referees fault. It is always too easy to blame somebody else if you don't won.

Date: June 19, 2006 12:15

yes you're right TooMuchAlcohol, France did not play well. It's impossible to say the contrary.

But it's not because France didn't play well that it is normal to refuse a valid goal.

Versus Switzerland, there was also this penalty that some referees would have probably given.

I mean it's a bit too much.

Posted by: TooMuchAlcohol ()
Date: June 19, 2006 12:27

I personally cannot be 100% sure that is was a goal after all. I am strongly believe that it was a goal, but I cannot be 100% sure of it. And I saw it many times from TV, the referee saw it only once. Those things just happen in football. They are belongs to the game.

Penalty kick against Switzerland: I agree 100%. It should have been a penalty kick.

But the referees are only humans. You have to accept that sometimes they can't see every details. It is nature of this game and somehow it also makes this game so facinating.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 19, 2006 13:21

Zidane is too old but also way too proud to recogniez it.
He's been totally useless during the 2nd half time.
No one dares to tell him he's over, and this miserable game may be his last ever, since he won't play against Togo.
The coach isn't inspired either. Changing Zidane for Trezeguet or anybody else for the last 3 minutes is something he should have done at least 1/2 an hour earlier.

No excuse for France.
We don't have a team, we have a collection of egos on the pitch on the same time.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Hurriganes ()
Date: June 19, 2006 14:40

I'd say this referee (Merck) was 2000 light years better than the one in the USA-Italy-game. He did mistake in that "goal", but I guess it was impossible to anybody to judge it without a camera: even French players didn't protest that much, what usualy happens in situation like this.

Have to wonder French coach keeping Trezeguet off so long and my guess is that this was an issue what he and ZZ laughed when substituted at the extra time of the match... ZZ didn't even look at the coach afterwards. Henry was ok and could have scored 2nd in the end after Zidanes great preliminary (one of the only ones by him)... But it seems in many little things that there are big problems in the French team right now.

Date: June 19, 2006 15:41

Naah - not Merk but Archundia it was. In any case the ref was invisible and that's the most important thing. Merk was good too in Brazil-game...

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: June 19, 2006 16:35

Good players are one thing. To build up a team out of them another. To me it seemed that France didn't like to play. Zidane was hunting after a yellow card at the end so he does not need to play the next match.... Did they play against their coach or what happend?

Date: June 19, 2006 16:58

now I'm watching TOGO versus SWITZERLAND and it goes on and on with the referee who has refused a penalty for Togo.

man, I can't believe it !

what's going on ?

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: June 19, 2006 17:51

Doc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Zidane is too old but also way too proud to
> recogniez it.
> He's been totally useless during the 2nd half
> time.
> No one dares to tell him he's over, and this
> miserable game may be his last ever, since he
> won't play against Togo.
> The coach isn't inspired either. Changing Zidane
> for Trezeguet or anybody else for the last 3
> minutes is something he should have done at least
> 1/2 an hour earlier.
>
> No excuse for France.
> We don't have a team, we have a collection of egos
> on the pitch on the same time.

I agree with you that Zidane is over the top and I bet he knows he's a shadow of his former self. If he cared about the team he should have told the coach not to align him. In my opinion the result of the game would have been very different if the coach would have started the game with a younger more agressive team! I guess it's because Zidane won the worldcup for France all those years ago that the coach decided to let him play! Compared to South Korea France also lacked the necessary team spirit to win a game! The message is align a younger team that wants to prove it can win a game!

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: June 19, 2006 18:16

SWITZERLAND: TOGO

2:0

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: June 19, 2006 18:44

Hurriganes - You sure got that right about the Ref. for the US vs Italy game!!!
That was the poorest excuse for a referee I've seen!! The totally uncalled for
Red Card, that "CLOWN" should NEVER Ref. another WC game!!!

MLC - from the USA!!!

Posted by: SeNdEr ()
Date: June 19, 2006 22:59

please USA go home and play hockey, but not soccer please you are horrible! smiling smiley

Posted by: BersaGurra ()
Date: June 19, 2006 23:00

France and England sucks in soccer.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: June 19, 2006 23:42

France paid the price for being too negative. They could have easily killed the Koreans off but chose to defend their lead instead.

It's a cowardly, old-fashioned way to play football, and they got what they deserved.

Date: June 19, 2006 23:53

maybe we're cowards like you say logie but it's better than cheating like Crouch did !

Date: June 20, 2006 00:00

stonefan Wrote:
> maybe we're cowards like you say logie but it's
> better than cheating like Crouch did !

LOL!!!

...a hair puller!! Oh the shame of it!!

Date: June 20, 2006 00:06

it's the same anti sport attitude than Rossi against the American Mc Bride.
it's low and mediocre !

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: June 20, 2006 00:28

I think someone should open up a World Cup 2006 thread. A few weeks ago - right before the start of the WC - there was a thread called World Cup 1966. That started with the (in)famous 4:2 of England against Germany in the final but became a fantastic exchange of national preferences. At least, have a look at that whoever likes football - and (keep in mind!) the same band!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-25 14:28 by JJHMick.

Date: June 20, 2006 00:58

mariannerl Wrote:
> SWITZERLAND: TOGO
>
> 2:0
>
> YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And if Switzerland win this group, it's next possibly Ukraine. Not too bad...

(And it's again typical Spanish luck: They win their group with a style and then the prize: France... and if they win that, next Brazil... last two champions...)

Date: June 20, 2006 01:35

How's this for bad omens?

When England were KO'd by Germany in Euro 96, I was watching Bob Dylan in Liverpool. Two years ago, I was at the Barrowlands in Glasgow to see the great man again when Portugal put one over us.

I'm seeing His Bobness in Cork again this coming Sunday when England are likely to be playing their first knock-out game!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home